Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Creative changes in Pyar Ki; Hanif out of the show

Monday, September 20, 2010 | 6:00:05 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)  

Star Ones' Pyar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani has undergone a lot of creative changes, as a result of which, the character of Hanif Hilal has been dropped.

Hanif Hilal, the choreographer turned actor had been offered an interesting role in Star One and Balaji Telefilms' Pyaar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani.

However, the latest is that the creative team has worked out lots of changes in the story line, so much so that they have removed the negative shaded character, which Hanif was to play.

A little birdie tells us, "The initial few episodes that had been shot, have been scrapped and the re-shoot has begun. The story line has been altered and the fresh story has nothing do with the popular Twilight. The negativity in the show which Hanif's character was to bring has been taken off."

We hear that the story will be a dark love-story instead, while Vivian Dsena,  Sukirti Khanpal and Priya Val will be introduced in the initial episodes, the fourth lead, Vikas Goopta's entry will happen only after first ten episodes.

When contacted Hanif said, "I was suppose to play a character, however, I have not been contacted recently. Above all, I don't know about the creative changes going on."

The unit was to shoot at Lavassa, but bad weather has spoiled their plans. Later they decided to shoot at Hyderabad, but that too did not materialize. Presently the team is contemplating to shoot at Panchgani. These creative changes have pushed back the launch date of the show and Pyar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani is expected to launch on Oct. 11.

Reporter: Srividya Rajesh
Author: Nidhi Soparawala

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/7641-creative-changes-in-pyar-kihanif-out-of-the-show.htm 

-Lostindreams thumbnail
Priya Wal back with STAR One

Television actress Priya Wal of Remix  fame is back to work with STAR One's new sweeping love saga. Here she plays one of the central character.

We spoke to Priya Wal about her come back and more...

"Yes, I have signed a new show which will be on STAR One. I have not got the details about my character in the show but I am really looking forward to it."

Ok, then after Remix and Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii what kept you busy? "I was busy with many things like traveling, doing theatre workshop under Barry John, then I was busy with my own home which I have taken in Powai, Mumbai and then I love writing English poems, scripts, and I also made a short film. Then last year, I did an English play Da Dating Truths with Shekhar Suman and Karan Mehra of Virrudh fame and it was a learning experience to perform in front of the live audiences. In these two years of gap I have travelled to Mauritius, Bangkok, Assam, and New York and then last was Bangladesh to meet my parents who are in Dhaka."

Further she told us that she also loves to write poems and read books, "I love writing poems in English which are realistic in life. Apart from writing poems, I have also written one and Half hour short script in English which will take time to be made in to films. I love to read novels both fiction and non-fiction like. I love to read classic books of Jane Austin then Shantaram and Kites Runner and I don't watch television regularly but now I am back on television. I am hoping audiences would love me in this new show."

We are hoping that fans will love your new role in this new show on STAR One.

Dhanashree Kulkarni/ Hill Road Media
Friday, May 21, 2010

http://www.starone.in/news/352/priya-wal-back-with-star-one.aspx 
Edited by pakindmuziq - 13 years ago
-Lostindreams thumbnail
COMING SOON' Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani - Dark Luv Story

STAR One and Balaji Telefilms are coming out with Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani - Dark Luv Story which is a love story with a twist. The show looks promising as it has a very talented bunch of actors ranging from Vivian Dsena, Sukirti Khandpal and Priya Wal. 

These actors have already made a name for themselves on various television shows. With Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani - Dark Luv Story, they're all set to rock onscreen once again.

Initially titled as Fanna, the show revolves around a young child Pia, who is told by her mother that she is a special child, who has a lot of love around her. She is told that she will always be protected no matter where she is. The story then fastforwards to Dehra Doon where Pia is coming to terms with the world she is living in. She lives with her stepmother Madhu, who has warmed up to her. Then there is Pannchi, her older stepsister and Angad, her stepbrother. Will they all accept her? Will Pia run away from all this and where will her future take her?

For all our fans, here's a show with a truly amazing cast ' almost a dream come true cast, and believe it when we say it! For starters actress Sukirti Khandpal of Dill Mill Gayye fame is brought back! There has been ample requests to the channels to bring her back on air. She used to play the role of Riddhima.

Now remember Anwesha? Yes... The cool bindaas girl of Remix fame, Bhaggu... Anwesha! She returns on STAR One screen after the most popular school based show Remix, Priya Wal comes back as Nisha in this dark love story!

This dark love story happens to have the brightest cast, especially exciting for all the girls. Vivian Dsena is an eye candy treat! His square jaw and physique is already creating waves among those following up on this show. When we we spoke to lead actor Vivian Dsena aka Abhay Raichand, he said, "I am looking forward for the show to go on air. Basically its a dark love story. Abhay has something different in his personality which won't be seen in any other leads. I am happy that the promo is being appreciated by audiences everywhere, especially online."

Last but not the least in lead, we have here a bloke who has the bold looks, brawns and the brains. Vikas Goopta who plays Siddharth Kapoor till recently was the lead creative crew member of Ekta Kapoor's Balaji team. Vikas now debuts as an actor on this show. We spoke to Vikas Goopta aka Siddharth Kapoor, "It is a very young show with lots of twist and turns. It is a dark love story. My character is full of mystery and that would be unfold when the show would be on air ' It's not a regular love story.."

The rest of the cast includes Suyash Kumar of MTV Spiltsvilla 2 fame and actor Tabrez Khan who played Harman from Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil. Hanif Hilal of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa fame, is also part of the cast. Famous for his differences with Gauhar Khan on the show - Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.

So catch up on this unique dark love story which is coming soon on STAR One. Watch out for this space to know the actual news.

Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media
Friday, August 06, 2010

http://www.starone.in/news/623/coming-soon'-pyaar-kii-ye-ek-kahaani--dark-luv-story.aspx 
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Perfect faces for perfect roles

Ekta Kapoor's ambitious project titled Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani – A Dark Luv Story will soon be hitting the telly-tube. The show, which is soon going to launch on STAR One, has some interesting faces like Vivian Dsena, Sukirti Khandpal, Priya Wal, Vikas Goopta, Hanif Hilal, Suyash Kumar and Tabrez Khan in the key roles.

The fact can't be argued that producer Ekta Kapoor has an eye for her character and doesn't relax till she finds apt faces that match the profile on her mind. It is believed that Kapoor wanted new and fresh looking faces for her show and didn't go for established names for she didn't want it to look like a typical soap. Apparently, she has gone with well-trained actors with a theater background, which will enable her to make an impact on the viewers. The team has shot for the second promo, which has just hit the screens.

Vivian Dsena, who essays the role of Abhay on the show, says, "I can't directly comment on the reason behind Ekta choosing me to play Abhay. All I can say is that she wants perfect faces to play different characters on her show. I would like to be myself on the show rather than aping someone."

Vikas Goopta, whose association with Ekta goes a long way, says, "The character of Siddhart that I play is quite similar to me in real life. Siddhart is a 20-year-old college-going guy, who faces the same set of problems as I did during my college, and which any other teenager of his age would probably go through. He is one of the most good-looking guys in the college, and has girls chasing him all the time. He wants to party out and live life to the fullest. I am quite like Siddhart."

Commenting about his co-star Vivian, he says, "Vivian is one of the best-looking faces in the industry. He is an interesting guy and has the looks to play a supernatural being. I feel the Portuguese blood in him has done wonders for him. He fits the bill perfectly."

Meet, Creative Head of the show, says, "Well, Ekta wanted some fresh faces in the show. Sukirti has done some shows, but hasn't seen much exposure and Vivian is just the right match "

"Like you read in a popular tabloids today, Ekta has sacked 28 writers from the team - It's because she wants a perfect story and wants to crack it as planned. She wouldn't compromise with the show at all", adds Meet.

Priya Wal, who has worked with Balaji in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, feels that working with Ekta Kapoor is the best thing that can happen to any actor. "Ekta ma'am is the best narrator in the industry so far. When she narrates a character, you are immediately energised to start shooting that very moment. I think she had me on mind when she thought of the character Nisha. The casting took so long to get finalized, as the producer wanted to be 100 percent sure of the faces she was roping in and the story of the show. The show is different from the current ones on air. It will be a different treat for the viewers and also for the actors, who will get to put their potential to test."

Adding to the reason for her having had bagged the role of Nisha, she says, "The character is of a strong and bratty girl, and she must have felt me fit to play it. Also, I have done a similar role in another show titled Remix on STAR One, so, probably, that too came to her mind."

Hold your breath to watch this unique and never tried before dark love story on STAR One!

Neha Maheshwri/Hill Road Media
Monday, September 13, 2010

http://www.starone.in/news/727/perfect-faces-for-perfect-roles.aspx 
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Extreme steps in love are thrilling, says Vivian D'sena

Vivian D'sena who won many hearts with his good looks and impressive performance in shows like Kasamh Se, Ganga and Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna is back as the protagonist Abhay in STAR One's Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani.

Vivian plays a supernatural character in this Dark Love story. We get the cool dude to speak about the concept of the show- Dangerous love.

Abhay is deeply in love with Pia in Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani and she reciprocates but Vivian reveals that he has not been very lucky in love in real life. "The story of my crush is very different (laughs). When I was in class 7 there was a girl who had a crush on me but I was not interested in her. She proposed to me but I rejected. Later on I realized that I too have feelings for her but it was too late by then. The girl was already in a relationship with some other guy." We would say that is also dangerous twist in love… Vivian gets candid as he confesses that he is not the kind of guy who will attempt anything scary to please or impress a girl. This is not very surprising as we are sure Vivan does not need to attempt such thing since he can win over any girl with his charm and cool dude attitude.

From when it has been revealed that he is the face of Abhay in the story, his photographs are exchanged and downloaded on the net in full force. His facial features – his jaws, his intense eyes and the literally deadly looks are one of the active topics in discussions.

"However I feel that sometimes one has to take extreme steps in love because it can be thrilling and it is also necessary sometimes", says Vivian. He sounds like a true romantic as he adds" I truly believe that there is always an alternative made by God. He helps those people who really love each other so just believe in him."

Vivian admits that he is a huge film buff and loves all Salman Khan movies. However when asked about which movies portrayed danger in love best he chooses two Shah Rukh Khan movies "I feel that Darr is the movie that portrayed danger in lover best. Then there is also Baazigar that I liked."

Vivian signs off by saying that the viewers can expect to see something that they have never seen before on Indian television in Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani. "It is a different concept that has never been shown on Indian TV. I hope the audience encourages and appreciates the new concept".

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani's launch date is now changed to October 11, but our team will ensure you have enough to see and know about the most awaited show here on www.starone.in. So keep a watch out for this space to know a lot more!

Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
Wednesday, September 15, 2010

http://www.starone.in/news/737/extreme-steps-in-love-are-thrilling-says-vivian-d'sena.aspx 
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Sukirti home coming to Star

Sukirti Khandpal is elated and excited to be playing the coveted role of Pia in STAR One's forthcoming supernatural thriller Pyaar Kii Yeh EK Kahaani. Her excitement has more to do with the look she is going to don on the show - her natural curly hair.

The actress feels that she has been through a transformation of sorts through all her roles that she had portrayed so far. After playing an illiterate village belle, she will now be seen in an uber cool avatar. She strongly feels that Pia was meant to be played by her and who are we to argue. Aren't we in a joyous mood to welcome the star back to her home galaxy - STAR.

In an exclusive interview, she talks her heart out on her previous roles and what attracted her to Pia.

How does it feel to be back on Star One?

It feels great to be back on STAR One. I have a long standing association with them as I have worked with them earlier too. I was a part of the channel as Dr. Riddhima on Dill Mill Gayye. It was a pleasant experience for me.

What prompted you to do this show and what excited you the most about Pia in Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani?

It's a nice, thoughtful and novel concept and Pia is a natural character that anyone can relate to. I am like any normal college going girl. Apart from a beautiful and unique concept, the bonus of doing the show is that I will shoot in my natural curly hair!

Pia is a very sweet and nice girl. She is an orphan but doesn't sulk and cry all the time over this. She has taken it in her stride. She has a positive approach towards life and is full of life. I am very similar to Pia and can relate to her. I too am positive in life and don't like to sulk over misfortunes.

But your hair was natural even on your previous show Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo?

Yes, Agle Janam had me in my natural hair but my hair was straight in DMG. So I get to sport my natural look on STAR One for the first time.

From a doc in DMG, village belle in Agle Janam to a modern collegian, how has the transformation been?

Siddheshwari was an illiterate village belle though she hailed from a strong and affluent family. However Pia is a very level-headed girl. She is grounded and nice. Both Siddheshwari and Pia are young but the difference is that the latter is more urban, chic and vibrant and lively towards life. She is very soft-spoken. Dr. Riddhima was somewhere in between Pia and Siddheshwari. I think she was closer to Pia. I wore short skirts in my first show Jersey Number 10, then I graduated to salwar kameez as Dr. Riddhima and later to sarees as Siddheshwari in Agle Janam and now back to skirts as Pia. I thought the next role will graduate me to wearing burkas (veil) but I have deteriorated for better.

DMG made you popular, do you still watch it? Are you in touch with the gang?

I miss all my shows that I have been a part of so far. Yes, I am in touch with Sonia Singh from the show. I miss my days from DMG and have some fond memories. I am happy that the show is doing good for the channel. I do watch it whenever time permits me.

The locking of cast took a while sometime. Do you think you are lucky that after a rigorous hunt they finalised you?

I think certain characters are meant to be portrayed by certain actors. Pia was meant for me. When I had gone for the auditions, I was informed of the list of actors who have auditioned for it already and trust me going by the numbers, I wasn't too motivated (laughs). I mean this is the last thing you would want to hear during an audition. I gave my audition, hit the right note and was on.

What do you think made them sign you on?

I really can't comment on it. Ekta ma'am is the best person to answer this question.

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani is a story of Pia and Abhay. Where the former is a simple, sweet and soft-spoken girl who doesn't sulk over the loss of her parents, Abhay is a handsome dude who harbours some supernatural powers yet to be discovered. Watch the show to catch up on this never heard or seen-before dark love story.

Neha Maheshwri/Hill Road Media
Monday, September 20, 2010

http://www.starone.in/news/751/sukirti-home-coming-to-star.aspx 
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Dating a supernatural?

Pyaar Kii Ek Kahaani is story is about Pia (Sukirti Kandpal) who falls in love with Abhay (Vivian Dsena) who has supernatural powers. We asked some popular actors how they would feel if they were in a relationship with a supernatural character.

Shantanu aka Karan Tacker (Rang Badalti Odhani)
Wow! It would an interesting love story. It would be thrilling as well that I am having an affair with like a vampire maybe, they are so sexy but they would suck my blood. I would love to experiment on this.

Meera aka Perneet Chouhan (Geet Hui Sabse Parayi)
I will be shocked to know that my boy friend is having supernatural powers. I don't watch such scary tales of vampire and werewolf stories. Though I am looking forward for the show Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani to launch but personally I don't want any relationship with Vampires....

Rajeev aka Abhinav Kohli (STAR One Horror Nights)
It's very difficult to understand girls in love but in any case it would again interesting to know them espically vampires and other supernaturals.

Gopi aka Jia Manek (Saath Nibhana Sathiya, Star Plus)
It would be interesting to be in a relationship with a supernatural character. It is difficult to trust guys so I might as well have a relationship with the supernatural (laughs).

Sakshi aka Sulagna Panigrahi (Behenein, Star Plus)
It would be so much fun to be in a relationship with the supernatural. Infact I always long for my Spiderman.

Sid aka Karan Wahi (Dill Mill Gayye )
It would be great. You can't control feelings like love. I would even take full advantage of her supernatural powers.

Alekh aka Angad Hasija (Bidaai, Star Plus)
If I were in a relationship with a supernatural character for say a vampire, I would ask her to pass on her powers to me too. I would love to suck blood and give her company for the grand feasts that we would have together. Also it would be great fun to fly and reach your destination. Mumbai traffic is too time consuming and tiring.

Mihir aka Sudeep Sahir (Behenein, Star Plus)
I don't think I would fall in love with a supernatural character if I knew the truth about her. But if I do fall in love then love has no barriers!

Natasha aka Rucha Gujarati (Rang Badalti Odhani, STAR One)

I think love is unconditional but supernatural is very unrealistic. I really cant relate or understand the supernatural. I will face it if it happens.

Gunjan aka Sanaya Irani (Miley Jab Hum Tum, STAR One)

This is a funny subject but then love is love. One cant be afraid of it. It does not matter whether the person is a supernatural character or a human being. The love is no different, the feeling does not change.

Dhruv aka Rohit Khurana (Miley Jab Hum Tum, STAR One) 

It would be fun to be in love with supernatural. Something new to discover. I would love to find out about supernatural world.

Ishaan aka Jay Soni (Sasural Genda Phool, STAR Plus)

If the girl is pretty and nice I would not mind falling in love with her even if supernatural. In fact it is a good thing, something different from normal.

Nivedita aka Neha Sargam (Chand Chhupa Baadal Mein, STAR Plus)

I would be the happiest person if I was in a relationship with a supernatural character. Not a vampire, but I dont mind Superman or Spiderman (laughs).

Amrit aka Anuj Sachdev (Sabki Ladli Bebo, STAR Plus)

It would be very interesting to be in love with a supernatural character. Love has no boundaries.

http://www.starone.in/features.aspx?sid=67&aid=1500&Page=1#more 
Chandni- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
 Hey there is already a Thread called media center which has all the Article Links on it