Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Saif & Kareena r supportive costars - Adil Hussain

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Saif, Kareena great co-stars, says Adil Hussain

Updated on Sunday, September 19, 2010, 15:14
Tags: Saif, Kareena, Adil Hussain Share Buzz up!
New Delhi: Adil Hussain, who played Vidya Balan's husband in 'Ishqiya', is all praise for Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor, his co-stars in 'Agent Vinod' where he is the bad guy.

"Both are wonderful to work with. They are very supportive and never hesitate to help you out in whatever ways they can," says the Assam-born Hussain, who plays the doctor
husband of Sarita Choudhury in the just-released 'For Real'.

"Saif helps me out in my dialogues, takes care of how I look and even fixes my costume at times. Kareena also comes up with her tips," Hussain, who is called 'Colonel' in 'Agent Vinod', told reporters over phone from Latvia where shooting for Saif's home production is on.

"I am the bad guy Saif is trying to catch," he says about his role.

Hussain rose to fame post his NSD days with his role as Othello in the acclaimed production of 'Othello: A play in Black and White'. The play by the Indian Shakespeare Company and directed by Roysten Abel won the Fringe First at Edinburgh in 1999, where 'The Scotsman' critic rated Hussain's performance as, "bar none, the best acting I have seen in any Shakespeare play'.

He tours with this production till date, which has travelled in the last decade to countries far and wide, including Zimbabwe, France, England, Egypt, Germany, Holland and Belgium, besides India.

More known for his acting skills in plays, Hussain, however, has not set any goals for a Bollywood career.

"Of late, I have been acting in quite a number of times and I am trying to deliver as much as I can. Things are happening very organically but there are no goals as such," he says.

Hussain continues to serve as visiting faculty at the NSD, Drama School in Amsterdam, Royal Conservatory of Performing Arts in The Hague, and Film and Television Institute of India in Pune.

From 2004 to 2007, he served as the Artistic Director and Trainer of the Society for Artists and Performers in Hampi, Karnataka.

"The prime objective of this residency program was to discover a perpetual access to one's creative reservoir that lies deep within," he says.

PTI
http://spicezee.zeenews.com/articles/story71181.htm Edited by desigal90 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
well i have not seen ishqiya so really dunno who he is but good to hear him say so nice things about his co-stars

desu, I think Ram kapoor is also in AV, do u have any info about him and his character??
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Pooja everything abt AV has been so tightly wrapped we dont even know anything about kareena except that her character's name is Iram.
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: desigal90

Pooja everything abt AV has been so tightly wrapped we dont even know anything about kareena except that her character's name is Iram.

wow, nice name

i have heard there r quite a bunch of villains, looks like saifu has to fight many bad guys 😊