Celebrity Fan Clubs

Celebrat autumn in china

yangtzejane thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Thinking of You

When will the moon be clear and bright?

With a cup of wine in my hand, I ask the blue sky.

I don't know what season it would be in the heavens on this night.

I'd like to ride the wind to fly home.

Yet I fear the crystal and jade mansions are much too high and cold for me.

Dancing with my moon-lit shadow

It does not seem like the human world

The moon rounds the red mansion stoops to silk-pad doors

Shines upon the sleepless bearing no grudge

Why does the moon tend to be full when people are apart?

People may have sorrow or joy, be near or far apart

The moon may be dim or bright, wax or wane

This has been going on since the beginning of time

May we all be blessed with longevity though far apart, we are still able to share the beauty of the moon together.

"A Tranquil Night" is one of the best-known poems about the moon. The writer Li Bai, who is famous for his boundless imagination and free and easy writing style, uses simple descriptions in this poem. (www honestspace com)The natural and fresh words picture a beautiful moon lit night with a lonely poet who misses his family very much.

I descry bright moonlight in front of my bed.

I suspect it to be hoary frost on the floor.

I watch the bright moon, as I tilt back my head.

I yearn, while stooping, for my homeland more.

There are too many excellent poems about the moon to all be mentioned. They are still remembered and appreciated by generations of poetry lovers. Some of the poems have also been included in compulsory school text books so youngsters can also get an understanding about their ancestors love for the moon and preserve the custom of appreciating the moon.(www honestspace com) Today the Mid-Autumn Festival is still a very important festival for the Chinese people.

From this year, the Mid-Autumn Festival will be a public holiday. Therefore, people can enjoy the festival and the moon in a more relaxed and leisurely way. On the night of the Mid-autumn festival, they can appreciate the moon, eat some moon cakes and relish related legends or poems. And of course, all of these need to be done with their families or friends. After all, reunion is the essential theme of that day(www honestspace com).If you like, thank you reproduced my suggestion!
this is by Nola Qiang

Anhui Friand international trade holding group.
branch : tulip international trade company

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters