Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Spoiler- Rahman did not sing Vande Mataram onSRGMP

Anamika21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
They may be big names in the Bollywood music industry, but music director duo Vishal-Shekhar did not shy away from asking music maestro A.R. Rahman for his autograph.

They met Rahman on the sets of Zee TV's "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar" — the music maestro came with actor John Abraham to promote their upcoming project "Jhootha Hi Sahi".

Vishal was especially enthusiastic about his first meeting with the Oscar winner and urged Rahman for an autograph, said a source from the sets.

On meeting Rahman, Vishal said: "Each decade in the Indian music industry has an identity – the melodious 60s, the swinging 70s, disco of the 80s and the 90s was a one man show – A.R. Rahman who pioneered a distinct phase in Indian film music combining western influences with Indian sounds, ranging from classical instruments to folk music."

Vishal even asked Rahman to sing the latter's version of "Vande Mataram". But Rahman couldn't fulfill his wish.

"I will not be able to do justice to our national song today because it needs to be sung in a high pitch, and it will be difficult for me to summon that amount of energy on an empty stomach. It's the holy month of Ramzaan and I am fasting," Rahman said on the day of the shoot, Sep 7.

The special episode of the music reality show will be on air Friday.

Link:

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank god 😳 😳 I don't like the new version
😳 😳
Anamika21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Sugandha Mishra first shot to fame as a stand-up comedian and is now one of the top 14 contestants of Zee TV's popular singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstars.

This talented young classical vocalist from Vishal Shekar's Hit Squad has taken many a stage by storm as she delivers one brilliant performance after another. However, during a recent filming of an upcoming episode of the show, Sugandha could not help but gush when she came face to face with the charming John Abraham, who made an appearance as a guest judge.

After she performed the song 'Hai Rama Ye Kya Hua' from Rangeela, Sugandha could not help but stated her long standing crush on Bollywood's favourite blue eyed boy and requested him to dance with her for which the ever charming actor gladly obliged.

John joined Sugandha on stage for a short jig to 'Maa Da Laadla'. The actor then turned around and caught her by surprise when he bestowed her with a peck on the cheek declaring "Actually sach batau toh mujhe bhi aap par ek chhota sa crush hai!"

Indradhanush thumbnail
Carry on with another melodrama...🤢
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
editedEdited by musicmuse - 13 years ago
mind-googling thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Anamika21

On meeting Rahman, Vishal said: "Each decade in the Indian music industry has an identity -- the melodious 60s, the swinging 70s, disco of the 80s and the 90s was a one man show -- A.R. Rahman (until we came on the scene 😳) who pioneered a distinct phase in Indian film music combining western influences with Indian sounds, ranging from classical instruments to folk music."

@ underlined - What did Jatin-Lalit do then?!

Edited by mind-googling - 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: mind-googling

@ underlined - What did Jatin-Lalit do then?!

I can't forget Jatin-Lalit & Nadeem-Sharavan. That was my college time and music was fodder for my good study. I really enjoyed music from these 4. I had not liked ARR music that time which was mainly mechanical. These two due were trend setters.

Beautiful picture of John and Sugandha...