Tamil Cinema - General Movie Discussion!

Posted: 13 years ago

**Tamil Cinema**
-Films from the Indian State of Tamil Nadu in Tamil Language-
**Disscusion**

Hi Friends, this thread is dedicated to disccusion on Tamil Cinema.  Please feel free to tell us about the movie you recently watched or about your all time favorite actor/ actress/ movie!

NOTE: New Movie Reviews can be posted as a separate post.  Please check the forum if a thread is already opened for new movie, prior to posting!

**Rules**

Hope you all have a wonderful time here!

Thank you,

~Sensational South Forum Dev Team~

ohhhkkk im the first one..hehehehe..
Let me begin.. i watched Paiyaa yesterday and say wat i lovedd it big time... Karthi is the man to drool over.. 😳 and Tamanna looks as pretty as an angle... The movie's feel is superbb, full of thrill and excitement... I loved ittt.. i would recommend it to everybody.. Enjoy it.. will come back with my list of all time fav's
One of my favourite tamil  movie is Raja Paravai. i loved the movie so much. because for the first time( i think) a movie shows disable people who can stand by themself. normally in Tamil  movies, if someone blind, he or she will lives on street and be begger. but in this movie, kamal be violinist and stay alone. kamal as ragu done a great job. madhavi as nancy done a great job as gf. and i liked the guy who played as thatha for madhavi. he was so jolly type.the best scene will be climax where kamal and y.g mahendran attented nancy's  wedding.

Kudos to the new section! Yayyyyy 😃🥳

To begin with, my favorites have always been from Manirathnam's, Shankar's and Goutham's direction, and the movies in which Kamal, Rajini, Surya & Karthi have been heroes. That makes up a looooooooong list right?? 😆 Of course, I like other actors/directors/movies as well, like Ghilli and Mozhi etc.

The latest I caught on screen was Madrasapattinam, on the insistence of many of my friends. It was a classic movie and the chemistry between Arya and Amy Jackson was awesome!! 👏 The best part of the movie was near the train station, when they were both nudging the crowd to find each other, and the moment they did, fireworks started and it was Independence... That scene was sooo artistic...! Of course, not forgetting, the picturesque old Madras, which was the highlight of the movie! I couldn't relate much to it cos I wasn't born in that era 😆 but my parents felt deja vu when watching it..! Hats off to the whole team!! 👏

Next on my movies-to-watch list is Naan Mahan Alla.. Any other suggestions for new and good Tamil movies?Edited by khpriya - 13 years ago
Congratulations on new section.

I saw Paiya, and sorry to disagree with you Puls.  Tamana and Karthi were just a pulling attaction there - handsome and beautiful.  That's all to it.  There was no chemistry, and Tamana's acting is childish. 

You have seen this type of movie once to many.  Boy meets girl, follows around, girl needs help, boy helps her from baddie.  blah blah.....

We all felt that the whole attraction of this movie is the highway and picturesque of India.  Other than that, this movie is "YAWN" 🥱 - well at least for me.  Even my little nephew movie commented .... soooo boring.
I like Cheran's movies - all his movies. 👍🏼

One particular movie POKKISHAM is about a son who reads his father's (Cheran) diary and goes thru many of his letter written to his girl friend but not sent to her. 😕 Its beautifully supported with flashbacks as he goes thru the diary.👏👏

Its abt his love for a muslim girl - due to religious reasons the girl's family moved out to a faraway land - PENANG. Many years later the son goes all the way to Penang to look for his late father's ex girlfren. He politely gives all the letters written to her by his late dad. It was so touching and it brought tears in my eyes ....I was pratically involved with the whole storyline....and it was so heart breaking to watch the woman cry her heart out..!!😭 I don't think she got married but remained a spinster throughout her life.

Many of our local artists were involved in the making of this movie too - it was nice to see the lead actress using the Malaysian National Attire - the baju kurung..!!👍🏼
Edited by Sue Nair - 13 years ago
Cheers to the new thread..

I recently got to see Thillalangadi,Inidhu Inidhu&Vamsam... I'll be back soon with my review on them also on other movies i watched😳...
Edited by anjkhoney - 13 years ago
Recently i watched Boss Engira Bhaskaran...!!That Movie is hilarious..A must watch movie!!
The Comedy is great..No words!!😉 Arya and Santhanam combination is awesome!!
And Nayanthara did a neat role too!!
Great Effort by Rajesh Sir...Songs are superb tooo!!

If u wanna watch a comedy film then i will suggest u this Movie!!

I am yet to watch BEB...hopefully by within this weekend😛

The latest i saw Naan Mahan alla..and it was good movie..will recommend to watch it. Better than Paiyya, somehow I didnt like that much apart from the music🤔

Same ^

Saw Naan Mahan Alla last night and i loved it ! Some of the songs are really good too !