Debate Mansion

India- shd there b freedom 2 carry arms?

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Should carrying arms in India be legalised ?  Like in the U.S you can procure a license for a gun easily !!

I am personally against carrying of arms !!Although people carry arms for their protection . For example , an elderly lady or a single woman who may want to keep a gun in the house to protect herself against intruders and burgulars .

Against it , there are often many instances when people have fired a gun for the wrong reasons - not for defense ....but for offense. Also often there have been cases when the child lock wasn't in place on the gun and it got fired accidentaly , to take away the life of some one very dear in your life.

Whats your take on this subject ..............please relate your discussion to India !!😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Hey no takers on this issue ?? 😊
chikoo thumbnail
Well, I agree with you! This idea does not make so much sense in a country like idea. One of the reasons:
* one interacts with many people and there are more social and family issues to make people emotionally weak and attempt an easy suiside or harm someone.

There are many other ways to protect self and arts like karate, pepper machine, knife and rods etc. work well. I am against any war or blood so I'm against weapons
devashree410 thumbnail
Well,I don't know.Maybe for safety....................
hazelgirl thumbnail
NO....arms should not be legalised in India.Coz if it is legalised them more crime will increase. 😛
sowmyaa thumbnail
I agree with chikoo and vishesh.
kitty468 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
no definitely no. an incident which happened to my friend. he went to US to study he lived in a apartment. one day his towel fell down to the apartment below he went to pick it up. the elderly women got scared as he looked chinese and shot him dead. even for protection i dont support it.
dare_dis_devil thumbnail
NOWAY....legalising arms in d land of ahimsa??....naah....

ok....the safety aspect is thr....but tht doesnt mean tat v all strt keeping arms n walkin' around da town.... gosh, da very thot is creeeeppppyyy......

Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I probably wont have much of an argument to base my take on but I dont support carrying arms anywhere and especially not in a system such as the one now in India.
It is relatively expensive to own a license in India for even a small weapon so I doubt if many people would be able to afford it.

If one enjoys shooting, they can take a class or join a club, not keep guns at home to shoot in their backyard or at endangered animals as a hobby.
As for as those that need it for protection they can learn marshall arts or kalaripayattu, more lethal for sure.
syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
we already have a reasonably huge law and order prob here. and our law enforcement agencies are also not as good as in other devpd countries... i think these weapons will be used more for offence than defence...