Computers, Science, Technology

Is It harder for a Women to become a Scientist??

VampireLeader24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Hello guys, My name Is Roshni and I am a science student and side by side language one, I would like to ask u all that Is it more difficult for a women to become a scientist?
As, Since childhood I was very keen to learn sciene and become a scientist, I want to become a scientist in the feild of Biotechnology or either Chemistry.
I need to choose for my next semester between writing and science technologies, I want to become a scientist but I also have an alternative. Since my parents views are that it's not a right decision to become a scientist, although they have left this decision to me.
My mom thinks that it's a very hardworking field of professionalism and as she was a science student she says that Women have not progressed much in this field.
As happened to some scientists, there is a 50% risk to life. My mom thinks It is a dangerous profession. But the final decision is on me. I would like ur help to know that would it be difficult for me to become a reputed scientist?, because In the history of female scientists many less have become reputed and hold a certain place.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Ryder- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hmm, No. I really do not believe women can't be successful scientists... if you're capable enough, you're sure to get recognition.

I believe the reason why the ratio of women scientists is less compared to that of their male counterparts is because even in today's society, girls are somewhat forced to get settled at an early age, which subsequently hampers their studies... And Science, as we all know, demands undivided attention and dedication. Anyway, that's a social issue, let's not get deep into that...

So yes, if you're passionate about the subject, go ahead with it... and work really, really hard. Success will be inevitable. Good luck! 👍🏼
Always do what you feel like 😃 .
Don't worry about the risks you have to face or the future results. Give your 100% and you see glory in front of you. Being a scientist is a well noticed profession. Explain to your parents, your enthusiasm for it. I'm sure they will not stop you.

Go ahead ! All the best .