Time Bomb 9/11

Articles of Time Bomb

Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

TIME BOMB ARTICLES

This post will have all the press articles related to Time Bomb. When ever any article is posted it'll be later moved to this section. This will help the members to see if any article is already posted in the forum. And also to help them in going through the past and see what happened time to time in the serial. The post will remain closed and can be operated only by the administrators. So no comments here

Enjoy!!!

sujalfan & Megha_Desai.
Moderators

Edited by sujalfan - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

natz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Here's the article copy pasted from the link given by Sneha (breathing_irony)... Thanks for the info Sneha

Waiting to explode
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   June 17, 2005

[email protected]
Seconds ticking by: The Time Bomb 9/11 team at the launch of the show
Film director Ketan Mehta's small screen offering Time Bomb 9/11 starts ticking from June 20. This international political thriller has its epicenter in Asia.

Why 9/11? "Because it is the single most defining moment that shook the world," says Mehta at the media launch of the show held yesterday.

"Global interconnectivity has made the world grow smaller with everyone feeling the repercussions."

The weekly show will air at 10 pm on Mondays. The main protagonist is Varun Awasthi, played by Rajeev 'Sujal' Khandelwal.

He is an army officer who has been sent as an undercover agent to Afghanistan to penetrate the Al Queda. Playing the role of his wife Roma is model Amrita Saluja who works as a journalist.

Due to work pressures she has separated from her husband. Akashdeep 'Ansh' Saigal plays Usmaan, son of Osama bin Laden, played by actor Vallabh Vyas (Chandni Bar, Lagaan).

The cast also includes Vivan Bhatena who essays the role of an industrialist and Amrita Khandelkar who is the prime minister's daughter.

This 24 episode series has Deepa Sahi as producer and will be a one-hour show. Both Khandelwal and Saigal want to shed their Sujal and Ansh image and start afresh with this series.

Time Bomb takes on political tangles, bureacractic hiccups, inter-departmental rivalries and personality clashes.

[email protected]

natz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Shocking naa...? Rocked me off my chair... here's the Indian Television dot com's article...

20th Century Fox contests Zee's 'Time Bomb' in Delhi HC

Indiantelevision.com Team
(17 June 2005 9:30 pm)

MUMBAI: Subhash Chandra and partner-turned-rival Rupert Murdoch are at loggerheads again. News Corp promoted Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation has moved the Delhi High Court, challenging Zee Telefilms Ltd (ZTL) for copyright violation.

Twentieth Century Fox has alleged that Zee TV's upcoming thriller Time Bomb is a copied version of its ongoing TV serial 24. Time Bomb is slated for launch on 20 June, Monday.

Rough weather: On the sets of 'Time Bomb'

According to a PTI report, Justice B D Ahmed issued a notice to ZTL on a lawsuit filed by Twentieth Century Fox.

Senior advocate R K Anand, and C M Lall, appearing for 20th Century Fox, contended that the act of ZTL amounts to infringement of copyright bestowed on the serial 24.

20th Century Fox said it was shocked when it recently learnt that the ZTL was in the process of producing and launching a television serial titled Time Bomb. According to the company, ZTL CMD Subhash Chandra had earlier inquired representatives of 20th Century Fox in India about the possibility of licensing the rights to 24 to create a local version in India. But the company had told Chandra that time that the licensing would not be possible.

The company added that, later, when it had an opportunity of viewing a power point presentation of the serial prepared by ZTL, it found out that the characterisation, storyline and the script of Time Bomb had numerous similarities to 24.

However, ZTL got a breather when the court refused to stay the proposed 20 June launch of the serial. The court has asked ZTL to file its reply and affidavit on or before 20 June, Monday and place before it the CD/VCD of the first episode of the scheduled programme.

Reacting to the developments, Essel Group VP corporate communications and brand development group Ashish Kaul told indiantelevision.com that the channel had no issue in fighting its case in the court. "Time Bomb is an Indian story set in the International backdrop. The concept and the story of Time Bomb belong to its director Ketan Mehta."

Zee's counsel Maninder Singh, and Pratibha Singh refuted Fox's allegation saying the thriller produced by the domestic channel had nothing to do with the American serial and they were ready to pass the test by the court.

The serial 24 revolves around the security agencies' efforts to protect the US President from an international terrorist attack. Zee's Time Bomb is an international political thriller on global terror with its epicenter in South Asia. The story revolves around a plot to assassinate a young and dynamic Indian prime minister.

When asked to comment on 20th Century Fox's argument that Zee had used 24's '24 hours - 24 episode format' for Time Bomb, Kaul said that was a very broad definition. "This way, none would be able to make shows," he argued.

Time Bomb will be a fixed duration serial that will run for 25 weeks as a weekly one hour show (Monday 10 pm - 11 pm). The first episode is supposed to be a curtain raiser.

Waiting for Monday??? Me too... let's see what happens...

TIME BOMB 9/11 Monday 10:00-11:00 p.m. I.S.T

Making of Time Bomb 9/11 Sunday 07:30 p.m. I.S.T

TWO DAYS TO GO!!!

breathing_irony thumbnail

Time Bomb lands Zee in Court

20th Century Fox says the serial is a copy of their show 24 and calls it an infringement of copyright

The telecast of Zee's thriller Time Bomb will have to pass the test at the Delhi high court as Hollywood producer Twentieth Century Fox film corporation today alleged that the serial was a copied version of its ongoing serial titled 24. Justice B D Ahmed issued a notice to Zee Telefilms Ltd on a lawsuit filed byTwentieth Century Fox alleging that the concept of Time Bomb was based on its television serial 24 starring Emmy award nominee Keifer Sutherland.Refusing to stay the launch of Zee's thriller slated for June 20, the court asked the domestic television company to file its reply and affidavit on or before Monday and place before it the cd/vcd of the first episode of the scheduled programme. Senior Advocate R K Anand and C M Lall, appearing for the US producer, contended that the act of Zee Telefilms amount to infringement of copyright bestowed on the serial 24. However, Zee's counsel Maninder Singh and Pratibha Singh refuted the allegation saying the thriller produced by the domestic channel had nothing to do with the American serial and they were ready to pass the test by the court. During the hearing, it was submitted that Time Bomb was an international political thriller on global terror with its epicentre in South Asia.

Similarities
* Time Bomb revolves around a plot to assassinate a young and dynamic Indian Prime Minister
* The Serial 24 revolves around the security agencies' efforts to protect the US President from an international terrorist attack

Identical USP
The serial was divided into 24 episodes of one hour each with a storytold in real time about events over a period of 24 hours

THIS IS FRM MUMBAI MIRROR....

2. this is frm cybernoon.com....

Tele terrorism
Friday, June 17, 2005 15:24:50 IST
A serial on international terrorism
< name=frm =site_search/sitesearch1.asp method=post> </>

for :   

SHOWBUZZ NETWORK
Time Bomb, a new product of Zee, that promises to give action packed entertainment, hits your television screen from June 20. Time Bomb is claimed to be an international political thriller of global terror, with its epicentre in South Asia. Starting from Monday, this serial will go on air every Monday from 10 p.m.  Time Bomb has television's current heart throb, popularly known as Sujal, Rajeev Khandelwal (Varun), who is a special agent of a secret, multi-disciplinary intelligence agency RAW. Also the most hated person for the kind of roles he plays, Akashdeep Sehgal is seen as a terrorist in this serial.

According to the director, Ketan Mehta, "We have a well researched plot which will run
for about 25 to 26 episodes. " On the target group, he said, "This serial caters to all 'thinking' men and women." The story is based on the increasing terrorist attacks and how RAW handles it. As per intelligence reports, there is reason to believe that there will be an assassination attempt on the Prime Minister of India. About his role in the serial, Akashdeep Sehgal quipped, "I have chosen this role for two reasons, primarily because it is directed by Ketan Mehta and because I play son of Osama Bin Laden." He added, "Also, it is a new concept and has a multi plot and so it is challenging". 

3. THIS IS FRM TELEGRAPH CALCUTTA NATION...

Fox smells Zee plot theft
CHANDRIMA S. BHATTACHARYA

Mumbai, June 17: Zee Telefilms says it can still spot the difference between the two plots.

One action thriller has Jack Bauer, a CIA agent who heads the country's Counter Terrorism Unit, uncovering a plot to assassinate US presidential nominee David Palmer. There were 24 episodes in the first season, spanning the 24 hours within which Bauer has to identify the killer and save Palmer's life.

The episodes unfold in real time, with Bauer — played by Emmy award nominee Kiefer Sutherland — also trying to cope with a strained marriage and the serial points at the "Islamic threat" to the world.

Produced by 20th Century Fox, the serial, which is into its fourth season, is titled 24.

The other action thriller has Varun Avasthi, a RAW special agent who belongs to an "exclusive intelligence outfit" called the Agency to Counter Terrorism, uncovering a plot to assassinate young and dynamic Prime Minister Aniruddha Prakash.

There will be 24 episodes in the serial, spanning the 24 hours in which Avasthi has to identify the killers and save Prakash. The episodes again unfold in real time, making up the 24 hours of the single day, with Avasthi also coping with a strained marriage and threats.

Indian small-screen star Rajeev Khandelwal plays the lead here. The serial, which is produced by Zee Telefilms and scheduled to be aired from Monday, is called Time Bomb.

As the similarities are striking, despite Zee not thinking its serial has anything to do with the other one, 20th Century Fox has moved court.

Delhi High Court has issued a notice to Zee on a lawsuit filed by the US production company that alleged that Time Bomb was based on its 24.

The court did not stay the serial, but asked Zee to file its reply and affidavit on or before Monday. It also asked Zee to present before it a recording of the first episode of the serial.

Senior advocate R.K. Anand and C.M. Lall, appearing for 20th Century Fox, alleged that the Zee serial amount to infringement of copyright bestowed on the serial 24.

But Zee's lawyers claimed that their thriller had nothing to do with the Fox serial and they were ready to pass the test in court. Zee's spokesperson in Mumbai also stressed that the serial was unrelated to the American one. The similarities were coincidences, he said.

In a way, the Zee serial does go beyond the American one. Here, the plot morphs into the giant scheme of saving the world, as the protagonist realises that the conspiracy is only a ploy to distract attention from simultaneous plots to explode nuclear devices in Washington, London, Tel-Aviv and New Delhi.

If that wasn't original enough, Time Bomb also features Osama!

Edited by breathing_irony - 18 years ago
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

Will Star's stars shine on Zee too?

Gurdeep Kohli, Rohit Roy, Ronit Roy, Akashdeep Saigal and Rajeev Khandelwal. No we are not talking about the cast of another Star network soap. This is the latest 'star' attraction on Zee.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/june/17jun /news_zee.php
This is not a deliberate attempt to be seen on another channel: Rajeev

With Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka, Gurdip Kohli was the first actor to shift from Star to Zee. Others followed in her footsteps. Audiences noticed brothers Ronit and Rohit Roy in Manish Goswami's Sarrkkar hopping over from Star and Sony respectively.

So are the nation's television heartthrobs Akashdeep (Ansh of Kyunki...) and Rajeev Khandelwal (Sujal of Kahiin To Hoga). Viewers will see them sparring in the Ketan Mehta produced thriller Time Bomb. Sizzling Sangita Ghosh (Pammi of Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand) is not to be forgotten. The radiant lady will be returning to Zee TV after almost five years when she starred in Aroona Irani's Mehendi Tere Naam Ki.

Co-incidentally except for Gurdeep and Sangita all other actors including Karishma Tanna (who will be playing lead in Cinevista's Paalkhi) seem to be moving out of the Balaji camp extending their wings and reach (maybe) to different audiences through another channel.

Actors want to try out different things: Rohit Roy

Reflects Rajeev, "This is not a deliberate attempt to be seen on another channel. I wanted to work with Ketan Mehta and the show happened to be on Zee. I am willing to work on Star and Sony also."

Rohit agrees, "This is a strong co-incidence that most actors shifting to Zee had been doing Balaji shows last. I think actors want to try out different things, making them work with different channels."

Zee managers say this is all part of a strategy to get some of the best known names from television to star in its soaps and series. Zee TV's President Abhijit Saxena told Indiantelevision.com a few days ago, "Today Zee has the best star cast industry has to offer; Rajeev Khandelwal, Akashdeep Saigal, Sangeeta Ghosh, Rohit and Ronit Roy, Gurdeep Kohli. Name it and we have them on board. There is still a long way to go but we are getting there fast."

Zee TV's Marketing head Tarun Mehra shares, "Yes, this is a strategy. But it is not a deliberate attempt (to wean away stars from Star, Sony and Balaji). We would like to have the best of the industry in our shows. We look for the best directors and best stars. So, basically, this is a strategy to get the best of the industry."

Zee TV Programming head Ashwini Yardi echoes the same view adding, "these actors were immediately thought of when the script was written. Divya Seth came to our mind when the character of Priyamvada in Sarrkkar was drafted and so did Rajeev for Time Bomb," she explains.

With the coming on of Star's stars on Zee, will it shine? Watch this space.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/june/17jun /news_zee.php

anonmember thumbnail
New Delhi, June 19: Ketan Mehta loves his thrills. If you thought he would be a trifle sad now that his magnum opus is finally done, you are wrong. ''I am exhilarated that The Rising is finally over. I have already spent two long years over it,'' he laughs.

But even as he is through with this period flick, Mehta is not done with playing around with time. He is now on to his next project, and this time it's a serial for Zee TV. Titled Time Bomb 9/11, the serial is set in the 9/11 period and is a thriller on international terrorism. It will hit Zee on June 20.

And no prizes for guessing who's the baddie in the serial. It's international terrorist group Al Qaeda supremo Osama Bin Laden! No less.

''Osama is now no longer just the man. He's a symbol, in fact, the most identifiable image of terror and fear in the modern world. Which is why I chose him,'' Mehta clarifies.

The serial is set in South Asia and is the story of a single day when Indian RAW agents are trying to thwart an assassination attempt on the Prime Minister by an international terrorist group.

The plot, however, thickens when they find out that it's not just India, but the whole world which is under threat. Even if it sounds like a typical potboiler, the USP of Mehta's serial is the fact that it is set in a single day. ''I don't want to drag the serial unnecessarily. So we will end it in 25 episodes. It's going to be crisp,'' he promises. Produced by Deepa Sahi, the serial stars small screen favourite Rajeev Khandelwal as the RAW agent, Akashdeep Sehgal as Osama's son Usman. Actor Vyas Valla plays the character of Osama. Actor Kay Kay, the protagonist of Mehta's earlier serial Pradhan Mantri will act as the Prime Minister of India, while Amrita Saluja Raichand debuts on the small screen as Khandelwal's screen wife and a journalist. The serial has been shot extensively in Washington, London, Tel Aviv, and Himachal Pradesh in India. First Mangal Pandey, and then Laden, does Mehta have a weakness for characters out of history? ''Their possibilities interest me. Characters like Osama are a result of a lot of myth, conjecture and fear psychosis added to their actual deeds. My story is an imaginative interpretation of that.'' Isn't he worried that such a theme might stir up a hornet's nest among the fundamentalists? ''Being timid has never really been a virtue with me, and people should know that this is just a fictitious account,'' comes the reply. So Mehta has got his hands full at the moment. Coming up next are two more films, which form a part of The Rising trilogy. ''But I enjoy working for the small screen just as much. I love the sheer reach of the medium, and the anticipation it generates,'' he declares.

Bhaskar.T thumbnail

Whirlpool mommy makes acting debut

Remember the lively lass who twirled her fingers, rolled her eyes and worked Mummy ka Magic chalega kya? In the Whirlpool ads before Ajay Devgan and Kajol took over?

Amrita Saluja: jadoo chalega kya?

Amrita Saluja, the pretty ex-Whirlpool model, will now play estranged wife to television's hearthrob Rajeev Khandelwal in Ketan Mehta's forthcoming opus on Zee, Time Bomb. The 24 episode series is a gripping saga that traverses the lives of several characters over just 24 hours. Amrita and Rajeev, (who sports a fresh attitude and a macho stubble) share just 10 to 15 scenes in the entire series.

When we ask her why she took so much time to take on tellydom, Amrita quite candidly points out, "I was a very pampered model, I was happy with what I was doing and to be very frank I am not overtly ambitious. Moreover, I can't act in serials that I don't watch. When Ketan Mehta called me, I thought that it will be good fun just to meet him. When I heard the story I was really blown away."

The pretty lady, who hosts The Big Night on Zoom, is rather excited about her character in the show, where she plays a journalist, who is caught in the political turmoil around her.

"I come from a very conservative family and I am very uncomfortable romancing men and frankly even holding hands is an issue with me. I am afraid I have been trouble for Rajeev," gushes the actress, who says that she flashes the "I am married don't mess with me" signal openly. Thank god Time Bomb is not a mushy love story...to see Rajeev's charms go waste will surely break the hearts of his fans.

Ansh's fans too have reason to rejoice. The truant offspring of Kyunki's Tulsi appears in an Osama Bin Laden like role, wearing his long tresses to good effect. Rajeev, just back from a shoot for a Pakistani series, is gung ho about the new project and seems to have put Kahiin To Hoga firmly behind him. He is even full of praise for Gurpreet Singh, the man who stepped into Sujal's shoes after Rajeev quit. "I think he looks quite good, except for his dialogue delivery, which too I think will improve as time goes by," he says generously.

Time Bomb, sources say, will have various parallel tracks running till the 16th episode, after which the characters converge and move to a climax in the 24th episode.

Courtesy :- Telly Chakkar : Indiantelevision.com

Bhaskar.T thumbnail

"I am a die hard Balaji guy"- Akashdeep

Ansh aka Akashdeep will star in a fresh Star Plus soap to be produced by Balaji Telefilms. Although the long tressed actor has been switching channels rapidly ever since he got killed at Tulsi's hands in Kyunki... six months, he appears to be quite happy with his decision.

Akashdeep and the team of time bomb

He hasn't moved out of the Balaji fold though, he maintains. His track in Sony's Kkusum may not be going great guns, and for now, he may seem firmly entrenched in Ketan Mehta's Time Bomb, but Ekta's production house is still dear to Akash.

"I don't like playing negative characters," declares the guy whose positive roles always seem to take on negative overtones as the script moves ahead. "But I love to be compared to Amrish Puri or Amjad Khan," he grins his wicked smile.

"I always thought 'Gabbar' was Amjad Khan's real name, I never knew his real name till a very long time. That's the kind of effect a character should have on the audience. I see kids on the street calling out to me as 'Ansh.' This role is different from the one that I have done for Kyunki….as it was a mean character which was crafted, there was a motive but no justification. In

Akashdeep: "we love to hate you"

Time Bomb there are no emotions, but Ussman, my character, has a mission which he needs to accomplish by hook or by crook.

Akashdeep today seems a contented actor, yet itching to take on that experimental role that will allow him to explore his histrionic skills further.

Says he,"I feel proud when people say we love to hate you." Way to go, Akash!

Bhaskar.T thumbnail

"I am not afraid to start from scratch!"

He is probably the one Man among men. He has made his stand in an industry that thrives on past successes --- he

The new 'Time Bomb' look Rajeev Khandelwal: "I am over being Sujal"

had the courage to obliterate his past and start afresh. This perhaps best describes Rajeev Khandelwal, a man as genuine as they come; and just listening to him makes one hope that there are more artistes like him in this world.

Despite all the efforts of the makers of Star Plus' Kahiin to Hoga, there always will be just one Sujal, who is not only Ekta Kapoor's dream man, but also the dream man of thousands of teens in India and abroad.

But surprisingly, Rajeev has moved on. He has had the courage to stand aside and yet pray that the character that was once so close to his heart grows and continues to have that special place in the hearts of audiences near and far. Now, with Ketan Mehta's Time Bomb, he hopes to woo audiences as the inimitable Varun, a man of many contradictions --- a far cry from the man who shed copious tears over the loss of his lady love. In an exclusive chat with Ananya Sengupta ever since he took on the new project, Rajeev Khandelwal bares all about being Sujal and about trying to make a difference in the illogical industry that he is a part of.

So Sujal is done with...has it sunk in as yet?
Yes, I am completely reconciled with the fact that I am no longer Sujal and really I am beyond KTH now. But frankly, I have given blanket orders to everybody not to talk to me about Sujal --- although I have given it up, I still have that niggling feeling about "What might have been." You know what I mean? It has not been an easy thing to leave a character of the stature of Sujal ..... this is like starting afresh. But I have decided to do it and I have no qualms in admitting that I just couldn't carry on anymore. I was confusing myself, my directors...it was getting insane!

....oh! to be Sujal!

But many actors have gone on record saying this, but they have continued....
For each one to themselves. I hope that Time Bomb succeeds...not so much for me, but for the others actors who want to make a difference...it is about conviction you know...I want people to say that if Rajeev could do it, so can we!

(He asks for some tea...kadak hona chahiye, he says, dhak ke banana, he adds)

So what is Time Bomb about?
It is about an international political intrigue and I play a cop. I can't tell you much at this stage, but it is very pacy and it is very different from what I have done before. There is just one thing that I think is similar and that is perhaps the fact that he has no time to smile...quite like Sujal! But yes, I really think that Varun will be very different...non-filmi and very realistic...

How different is it working for Ketan Mehta?
I get to learn a lot...that has always been my prime concern. I thought that I will be completely exposed in front of this man....and K K Menon...well, I was so nervous during the first shot...they kept telling me not be filmi..."Rajeev you are speaking as if they are dialogues...they have to be realistic..." this is what I got to hear initially, but I sat down with Ketan and Deepa and perfected the look and the attitude that typifies Varun --- actually, he is a simple guy and that is what makes it so difficult for me...you know the fact that he is quite ordinary... (laughs) It is a great experience working with them, and if Time Bomb fails, I would have the satisfaction of working with Ketan.

(He acts out a very filmi Amitabh Bachchan track and demonstrates, complete with the look and attitude what he has been advised not to do)

Ketan Mehta has pulled off a casting coup of sorts...Akashdeep and you seem to be a deadly combination...

Akashdeep...ready to rock n roll!

Well, if I were to cast anybody for this role, I would not look beyond Akashdeep. Doesn't he look just deadly in the promos...I agree it's a great combo and I hope it works.

(As we nod our heads agreeing that Akashdeep looks nice...his face lights and he says that he is waiting to start shooting with him)

Are offers pouring in? Is that what gives you the confidence to go on?
Yes, I have got offers from virtually every channel, except the biggie! But surely everyone likes and appreciates Rajeev...perhaps more than Sujal...I know even Ekta appreciates the fact...she sms'd to invite me to her birthday party...and I have the greatest respect for both Ekta and Shobha aunty...Ekta is an intelligent girl and we have no problems with each other.

Rajeev:"I am taking on the toughest challenge of my life!"

How did your parents react when you decided to quit KTH?
My parents were aghast. They were so used to being called Sujal's parents that they didn't know how to be otherwise. My house in Rajasthan is virtually mobbed, when I am there...and they have to get used to the silence now! It will take some time for them to reconcile to this...but this will happen. One cannot live on past glories; I had to prove to myself that I was a good actor beyond being Sujal. I wanted to take care of that feeling that made me doubt my capabilities as an actor. Time Bomb might fail...but that is life!

So what other projects in the pipeline?
Well, to be very frank, I am not looking at different projects now. Ideally I want to take a break of two or three months after Time Bomb and then resume work. But then if there is something really challenging offered to me...I will do it... but I am yet to look at something that will really excite me. There were some interesting scripts but then they were looking at my sources for producing it! And again there were some who wanted to be my godfather...and I don't want that either!

Now that all is settled on the professional front is it time to get married?
Well, my parents are trying their very best. More so because my younger brother is getting married this week...but I want to live my life my way...in that sense, I may say I am very selfish!

(At this point he is called for a shot, and we leave after taking some quick snaps, hoping that Rajeev will re-invent himself as Varun, and that Sujal remains with him as a sweet but distant memory!)

Rajeev Khandelwal pic by Ananya Sengupta

*Meg_d* thumbnail

"This show is a gamut of emotions"

A strong man, with a strong will. He has made films that boldly projected the social biases in rural India. His films are known to have hit the audience hard. One of the few Indian filmmakers whose work has been acclaimed internationally, Ketan Mehta talks about Time Bomb, his next venture on television to Sapana Patil.

Ketan Mehta makes the biggest serial ever on telly

You are associated with films that deal with social and political issues. What tempted you to direct an action thriller?
I had made Pradhan Mantri for Zee TV three years ago. Time Bomb is an extension of that serial. It is not just an action thriller, it has a political backdrop with conspiracy to assasinate the Prime Minister and threats to global peace. Kay Kay played the Prime Minister in that show, so in Time Bomb too we cast him as the Prime Minister.

Did the channel have a say in finalising the cast?
No. Zee TV has given me the freedom to choose the cast.

So how does Rajeev Khandelwal, known for soft mushy roles fit into the garb of an undercover intelligence officer?
I wanted an action hero with a heart. Apart from that, I have full faith in the cast. They are good performers and give me hundred per cent.

Ketan Mehta with Deepa Sahi and the cast of 'Time Bomb'

You have shot in four different countries. How much did you invest in the serial?
(laughs) I have been told not to disclose the amount spent. But yes, it is a very big budget serial, probably the biggest on Indian television ever. Also, this is Zee's biggest serial.

Who has worked on the special effects and what kind of special effects have you used?
Maya Movies has worked on the special effects. In some cases, we have shot real explosions conducted at Film City. Clippings of the World Trade Center being demolished are original.

What different shooting techniques have you implemented?
We have used techniques to show simultaneity of events and multiplicity of happenings. We have used special techniques to show the feel and the pace of the time bomb ticking away to death.

What feeling do you want the viewers to experience when they watch this serial?
This show is a gamut of emotions. There is love, romance, passion, thrill, patriotism and deceit on this show. I expect the audience to be left with a bag of mixed feelings.