Indian Idol 6

I still fear elimination: Sreeram Chandra

rths thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Sreeram Chandra with Amitabh Bachchan Sreeram Chandra
Hyderabad-based Sreeram Chandra, who won "Indian Idol 5", says it will take him days to believe that he has actually won the contest. "It is an awesome feeling and to be honest, it hasn't sunk in yet. Most likely, I will wake up tomorrow and feel that I still have another round to perform.

I might even take days to accept the fact that I have won all that we were told during the shoots," he laughs. So it is obvious that he has made no plans as to how he'd spend the prize money? "Not at all. I just haven't thought of it. In fact, as I speak to you, I'm still thinking of my next performance and the fear of being eliminated. So you can understand what the pressure has been like," he says.

Sreeram, who got his first big break from composers Salim-Suleiman Merchant, a month back, feels that the confidence to win the show strengthened with this opportunity. "Recording my first song with Shreya Ghoshal was a major achievement. It was an offer that no reality show contestant would have ever turned down," he says. But, wasn't he nervous while doing that? "Shreya was extremely helpful. We chatted and she helped me calm down before we could start recording. I was a bundle of nerves. And it was expected. For, I wanted to give it my best shot. I would have been dead scared if I were to sing with Sunidhi. She has seen me perform and knows my weak points."

Aiming at setting a record by singing in all national and international languages, Sreeram also attributes his success to Andhra Pradesh chief minister K Rosaiah. "Once I return to Hyderabad, I would definitely want to meet Rosaiah sir. He not only encouraged me to give my best but also asked the people to vote for me. It is an honour to have Rosaiah sir show so much faith in my potential."

Irrespective of what others have to say, Annu Malek, as Sreeram says, was his lucky mascot. "Almost in every gala round, Annuji predicted my victory. His compliment, 'I see you as the next Indian Idol' turned true. But this doesn't make Annu his preferred judge. "I have no preferences. Everybody ' Sunidhi, Salim and Annuji ' have been honest about their opinions. In fact, their perspective on my singing talent has helped me grow and discover a new self. I have improved tremendously. I think, I can now take on any challenge that is thrown to me. Such is the confidence level," he says. We wish him all the best!

Edited by rths - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TFS rths..really happy to see his down to earth personality..😃😃
sushrutapandey thumbnail
^^ I read another article where he said his next big dream is to sing for Rahman. Talk about setting lofty goals. Btw even USAtoday mentions his winning Indian Idol😆
This content was originally posted by: sushrutapandey

^^ I read another article where he said his next big dream is to sing for Rahman. Talk about setting lofty goals. Btw even USAtoday mentions his winning Indian Idol😆

Wow really gosh have to run out during the lunch break and get a copy...Thanks for the info Sushrutha JI
rths thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rrsood

Wow really gosh have to run out during the lunch break and get a copy...Thanks for the info Sushrutha JI

yah read it just sometime back😃
rths thumbnail

Working with the Oscar-winning music director is his next dream

picture: Viral Bhayani

For Hyderabad boy Sreeram Chandra, this Independence Day couldn't have been more special. He realised his dream of winning the music reality show 'Indian Idol 5', and can't wait now for his next dream - of singing for Bollywood and Oscar winning music composer A R Rahman - to come true.

"My next dream is to make it big in Bollywood," Sreeram, who was declared the winner of 'Indian Idol 5' on August 15 said in an interview.

"I want to sing hit songs, be a well-known playback singer and be a star performer. I want to learn a lot. 'Indian Idol' has given me a concrete base to create a name for myself and I want to improve on it by working with all the music directors, especially A R Rahman sir," he added.

Sreeram, an engineer, is not from a musical family. As a struggling singer back in Hyderabad, he used to audition for regional reality shows, sing for small budget films and lend his voice for chorus, jingles and radio advertisements.

But his consistently melodious performances on 'Indian Idol' struck the right chords with judges - Sunidhi Chauhan, Annu Malik and Salim Merchant as well as various Bollywood celebrities and the audience alike.

He says the feeling of waking up as 'Indian Idol 5' was "amazing".

"Every morning before the finale, we used to wake up with the conviction of working hard towards the title. When I woke up today (Monday), it was a different feeling. I wasn't just Sreeram anymore. This show has given me a new identity - of being 'Indian Idol 5'," said the 24-year-old.

Along with this new identity, Sreeram has also won Rs.5 million cash, a one-year contract with Sony BMG, a Tata Winger car, and a chance to sing a song in a Yash Raj Films' project.

It couldn't have been bigger and better, he says.

"I feel blessed that I was a part of 'Indian Idol 5' where they are giving me a direct entry into Bollywood with the chance to sing for one of India's biggest production houses - YRF. No previous 'Indian Idol' has got this chance, and I hope this boosts my standing as a singer," he said.

He is also excited about the opportunity of creating his own album and says he would like to sing all kinds of songs because he considers himself a "versatile singer".

For now, he is in a party mood and wants to rush back to his hometown Hyderabad to thank and acknowledge all those who supported him.

Indo-Asian News Service

rths thumbnail

hey sood ji this one for u .up😃
EDIT:GUYS IT IS FOR EVERYONE WHO MISSED READING THIS.😃
This content was originally posted by: rths

hey sood ji this one for u .up😃

A BIG Thank you and a big 🤗
rths thumbnail

A BIG Thank you and a big 🤗

anything for u soodji🤗,u know I mean it.😆
WreckLass thumbnail
Hmmmm😍....Thats why I love this guy not just for singing but for his attitude too😳