Posted: 13 years ago
Hi friends,

I am sure many of you by now must have noticed the arrows that are coming beside your Favorite TV Shows on India-Forums.com homepage.

From the past 4 months we have been internally computing  Chaska Meter rankings to evaluate a weekly ranking system for TV Shows. Being the #1 Television portal in the country with over 2.5 Millions monthly Unique visitors from all of the world and over 60 Million page views, we felt we have a significant enough population on our website to be able to accurately compute rankings for the television industry.

Site Demographic snapshot as on 15th August 2010

How we are computing our data and ranking the shows?

Instead of just ranking the shows on the number of hits the show gets on our website, there are a lot more parameters that we are using to most accurately arrive on our Chaska Meter rankings.  From the amount of media coverage a show receieves to the number of hits the show gets on google, we are trying to get a 360 degree view of the telelvision show and its popularity.  Furthermore, we are also placing a lot of emphasis on the number of unique visits a show receieves on our site as well as tying into fans and hits on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook (will be adding Orkut soon).  Lastly, our Members have a huge part to play in the Chaska Meter rankings as they will be rating their favorite shows on the scale of 1- 5 (where 5 is best and 1 is BAD) based on the story line (or that days episode).

As we collect more data, we plan to fine tune the Chaska Meter over time to make it more accurate and robust.

Do we take into account the TRP / TAM Ratings?

Well, TAM ratings have a very small sample size (around 7000 that's what I have heard)  and are only relevant in India.  But what about the rest of the world?  Indian Television shows today have a large global audience with fans from US, UK, Dubai, etc.  So no we do not take into account the TRP/TAM ratings and instead we are looking to build an alternative to the TRP but its still a bit early to make that claim. Embarrassed Though still in its Beta Phase we are looking to improve our system and make it as close to accurate as possible over time.

How often will the Chaska Meter be updated?

We will be posting the ChaskaMeter chart (Top 100) every Monday noon IST starting from 23 August 2010. We will also be sharing our Demographics like Male/Female ratio, Geographies, Age Group based on which we have computed our data.

Chaska Meter Rankings for the shows have been updated for week ended Sunday, 15th August 2010.

Detailed Chart will be posted from Next week.

We request our members to give genuine feedback if they are liking a particular show or not on the scale of 1 to 5 (where 5 is best and 1 is worst).

This is our way to communicate to the channels / production house / show creatives to know whether the audience is really liking a particular story line, acting, and are we really enjoying watching the show.

We welcome all your comments, feedback and constructive criticism to make this system better.

Regards,
Vijay

India-Forums Development Team
Edited by vijay - 13 years ago
I just noticed this feature. Great feature I must say! Vijay Bhai your doing a great job with IF. Keep rocking :)

Edit: Made this post in Pratigya forum: Chaska Meter: Pratigya No.4 and DMG forum: Chaska Meter: Dill Mill Gayye No.3 Edited by -anonymous- - 13 years ago
Niceee!!! πŸ˜‰

Can I ask how these rankings are calculated? Is it based on hits?
reallly nice idea just love u make IF forum every time better and better nice work Vijay:)

Love Leena:)
Wow MJHT no. 2 show. Kudos! ⭐️

Can you please throw light on how it's calculated?
Thanks Vijay that looks great ,but can you explain how this ranking is calculated ?? 😳
Originally posted by *Reemz*

Niceee!!! πŸ˜‰

Can I ask how these rankings are calculated? Is it based on hits?

This time we have taken even more wider parameters and its not just on Hits. Though I will be posting more information on the same soon. But just as a overview it takes into account the amount of media coverage the show receives, more emphasis on unique visits then depending on hits, people following the show, we are also taking advantage of the Social media like Twitter, Facebook (will be adding Orkut soon), Searches on Google and more...

Cheers,
Vijay
AAAAwesomeeeeeeeeeeeee πŸ‘ πŸ‘

AAAAwesomeeeeeeeeeeeee.. jz love ittt !!!!

OMG.. the homepage looks damnnn interactive n LIVE πŸ‘πŸΌ

Abssss Genius You are VB...!!! 😳
Thank You tonzzzzzzzzπŸ₯³

πŸ‘
Thanks Vijay for that info. , can you also consider the TAM ratings , so that we get more accurate result ?? 😳

Great concept! Good to see LTL at no. 5.