Kollywood Masala

K. Balachander's letter to Vijay

honeydaisy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

'Madrasapattinam' movie has enthralled audiences from all classes and masses. Even the experts and trend setters in Tamil cinema are in awe of this magnificent period film.

In a letter to its director Vijay KB has heaped much praise on the young director. KB says Attenborough's Gandhi was awe-inspiring. Mangal Pandey was authentic. Laagan was adventurous. Your 'Madrasapatinam' is simply astonishing!

He goes on to say 'Madrasapatinam' is a film in which the whole is somehow much bigger, better and more beautiful than the sum of all its individual, significant parts!

On Vijay KB Sir has said "Vijay, I hear you have a cinema pedigree but I really do not know where you come from. BUT YOU ARE HERE TO STAY AND TAKE INDIAN CINEMA AHEAD.".

Read the master's appreciation in full from the letter below

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mellisai thumbnail
I was excited thinking it was actor Vijay..😆 long letter.. will read it later on.. thanks for sharing.
ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing. OMG mst say it was an awesome movie. The story could be the same like some others but it defnitely stand out and succeeds increating a HUGE suspense in the climax. Do watch it otherwise you are missing something big.