Pavitra Rishta

I am more of a window shopper : Priya Marathe

nycsweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

I am more of a window shopper : Priya Marathe

Priya Marathe

Priya understands the value of money as she has been through hard times. She is not an impulsive buyer but she does invest in gold a lot.

How important is money for you?
Money is very important for me as I have been through difficult circumstances and I know its value. I respect money because it can buy you necessities. But, it can obviously not buy someone's feelings.

Are you an impulsive buyer?
No. I am not actually I do not shop much but I am more a window shopper as I like looking at stuff. At times I do give in.

What are the investments you have made?
A LIC policy (laughs) I think everyone has at least one of that. Apart from that I have some gold for myself. As most of my uncles are in the jewellery business they keep explaining the benefits of having gold to me.

What is your most expensive purchase?
I am not a brand freak. I am mostly happy with even the simplest of things. So I don't think I have any expensive purchases.

Do you feel financially secure?
A little, yes. It's human nature to not be happy with whatever you have. You always want a little more.

Who handles your expenses?
I do.

What was your first salary? What did you do with it?
My first salary was around 10,000 and I earned it while I was in college. I was working in a call center. I worked there for three months and I earned somewhere around 30,000 and I spent it all on myself.

How much money do you carry every day?
I have cash hidden in my pockets like a 100 here and a 500 there. Apart from that, I carry a debit card.

Any advice for investors?
Buy gold, lots of it and that too from my uncles' jewellery stores (laughs).

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssral thumbnail
Really Whole cast of Pavitra rishta are very simple and natural. Priya is such a natural and practical in real life also, Ankita is another cutest and simplest person. Prathana seems like their real younger sister very innocent and cute. Pavitra rishta is bunch of good people.
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
tnx for sharin!!!!!!!!
nycsweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
ur welcome ^^ 😊
Edited by nycsweetie - 13 years ago
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing. It looks like came from a middle class family from the talks.  She knows the value of money.