Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
thanks a lot for sharing the meaning:)
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: radev24

Guys,

Sometimes it seems to me that "they" know this audiences intellectual and intelligence level but make the bloopers anyway, as it serves their purpose whatever that might be, perhaps to keep the story moving forward than falling flat.

Yes, Gardes, sanskrit was one of my fav subjects both at high school and college levels but waqt and time has erased most of that knowledge. It's only when someone like you translates it for the rest of us that I go ... aha ... that's right !!

P, alas, it is the bloopers that stand out more than the story!  And the story falls flat because of the bloopers as they don't sit well in our mental images of the story.

P, if I knew then what I know now, I would have made an attempt to learn Sanskrit!  I bet if you put your mind to it it will all come back!
gardes thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: why3

Gardes,

I have to agree that Sanskrit is most beautiful language. My mother has a masters in it and she urged us to take it in High School. I took it over Hindi only (after 8th grade: the choice was Hindi, Panjabi or Sanskrit) because you could get 100% in Sanskrit. It was only after I left the school that I started appreciating the language for its beauty. Few years ago, one of my friends got me all Kalidas novels and poetry in Sanskrit with translation for each verse in Hindi. Sanskrit verses were so beautiful and the Hindi translation was quite bland in front of it.

Why3, I took french for the same reasons - 100% score!  You are lucky that you can always ask your mother.  There is enough material online to learn, but time is an issue. I wish......, I wish......., I wish..... is a long list for me!
divya-divz thumbnail
Thank you Gardes for the sholaka and the meaning
gardes thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Bluebird10

thanks gardes amazing translation. bravo!

You are welcome, Bluebird.  Long time no see!  Good to see your posts again!
gardes thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bholabear

Gardes,

Thank you so much for your enlightened posts. i wonder, from where do you get so much gyan of our history / mythology / religion? Do you have an encyclopedia inside you? πŸ˜† Just joking.

But seriously, thanks to you, me and so many other members of the forum have learned so much about our history and religion. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thanks Bholabear.  It is not so much gyan as much as interest and curiosity.  I cannot possibly have imparted that much knowldge but I am certain that we all collectively keep this forum vibrant and interesting and share so much.  No doubt about it.  I learn new things everyday too.
gardes thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: endeavour

Same here Gardes πŸ‘πŸΌ ... Tks to u.. many of us didn't have to search the net or other sources to get the meaning of the shlok...

You are welcome, Endeavour.  I look up shloks and you entertain with beautiful songs.  We have have our little areas charted out in the forum!  πŸ˜‰ 
Edited by gardes - 13 years ago
gardes thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: lux123

thnx thnx so much😊

You are very welcome, Lux123.
gardes thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nycsweetie

thanks for sharing the meaning