Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

laxmis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Thank You very much gardes for the posting the mantra and the meaning. I was actually searching for this shloka at this moment on the internet and am glad I found your post.
radha_bilahari thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Vow Gardes!  Enjoyed reading your post as always.  Being a sanskrit student the meaning was not difficult to understand and the language is truly beautiful.

The second issue is according to me too this mantra was not whispered in Dev's ears at all.  The mahantji who conducted Dev's Rajyabhishek was not the same one.  One of the many bloopers. 
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ashnapower

Thanks Gardes 😊

Ashna, you are welcome!
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Grades wise lady that was really lovely to read themantra and the meaning and at the point of repeating what has already been said  Avinash did a fantastic job of reciting it and CVs did goofup the Sr Rp did not wispher any mantra to DevπŸ˜†.
Edited by chalhov - 13 years ago
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: radev24

Gardes,

This is amazing and bee is absolutely right. Only you could have deciphered it like this !! Hats off !! 

And BTW, when mahant spoke of Sr RP whispering mantra in Dev's ears, we know that NEVER  happened coz he passed away in Dev's arms and then he sprinkled the gangaajal that the "hiding" Rads offered him from the kalash.

So it's a technical blooper on the part of CVs, although it served the purpose as far as saving RP status from going to the duo clowns.

P, there are plenty of forumers who know Sanskrit and I am always afraid I will make mistakes.  I can only pick out a few words here and there.  Dev has recited a slight variation of the shloks, so I was hesitant to put myself out there at first.  Thanks for your appreciation.

I knew too that Senior never said the mantra.  The poor chap conked out before anyone could say anything after he anointed Dev.  These CVs make things up as they go along thinking we don't remember.   Think again, CVs!
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: gardes

</div>
<div>

P, there are plenty of forumers who know Sanskrit and I am always afraidI will make mistakes. I can only pick out a few words here and there. Dev has recited a slight variation of the shloks, so I was hesitant to put myself out there at first. Thanks for your appreciation.

I knew too that Senior never said the mantra. The poor chap conked out before anyone could say anything after he anointed Dev. These CVs make things up as they go along thinking we don't remember. Think again, CVs!

They have been doing that ever since ONS track. The Mahant could easily have said that a RP teaches each of kid an unique mantra (say during janau ceremony) which is only known to them and that wouldn't have contradicted the history.
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: zam123

Gardes you have answered my prayer because I wanted to know what was the meaning of this mantra. Thanks

Zam, I truly believe that because you prayed with true devotion, your prayer was answered!  I am glad you now know the shloks and the meaning.

And you are welcome.
radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: why3

They have been doing that ever since ONS track. The Mahant could easily have said that a RP teaches each of kid an unique mantra (say during janau ceremony) which is only known to them and that wouldn't have contradicted the history.

Guys,

Sometimes it seems to me that "they" know this audiences intellectual and intelligence level but make the bloopers anyway, as it serves their purpose whatever that might be, perhaps to keep the story moving forward than falling flat.

Yes, Gardes, sanskrit was one of my fav subjects both at high school and college levels but waqt and time has erased most of that knowledge. It's only when someone like you translates it for the rest of us that I go ... aha ... that's right !!
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: sun_singh

Wow, thank you very much Grades! When Dev was reciting this Mantra i was in awe with his voice because i didnt understand the meaning of what he was saying but was just attracted to how powerful Avinash voice was but now i will look back at that scene and enjoy it once more now that i have some understanding of the meaning of the Mantra...πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you once again....πŸ‘

Thanks Sun.  I agree Dev recited the shloks very clearly, but when I went to listen to them more closely, the background Gayatri Mantra was overwhelming his recitation and it was hard to catch all of the verse.  It took a bit of an effort.

Enjoy.
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: why3

Gardes,

Thanks. I know some Sanskrit, so could understand some of it but not entirely. So, was planning to look at the internet to find the full meaning.

That recitation by Avinash was really great and made the whole episode very beautiful for me. He really looked like RajPurohit when he was saying that mantra.

I am also glad that they have changed the location back to Delhi. Somehow, this set (with few exceptions) have generated episodes where Dev and Radhika had the best chemistry. If they show the logic on Monday (about Abhay knowing so much from Dev's mannerisms to mantra and other stuff), this episode would be one of the outstanding ones.

Why, you are welcome.

I hope I did a good job as I don't know Sanskrit other than a few words.  I had French in high school.  BTW, these 3 shloks are drawn from different sources.  Avinash did a great job in a true RP fashion!  Since this was the only episode that I watched this week, I am glad now that I picked the right one!