Chhoti Bahu.. Sindoor Bin Suhaagan

The secret Raj Purohit Mantra

gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Yesterday I watched CB for the first time this week, though I have kept up with the story through daily updates.  In it Abhay/Dev is challenged by Chachchu in his attempt at reclaiming the Raj Purohit throne.

It seems that Raj Purohit Senior, when he anointed Dev as his successor, whispered the secret code, er, the ultra secret Raj Purohit mantra right before he died in Dev's arm.  I went back and checked if he really whispered the code, er, mantra, but my copy did not have that bit of the segment (CVs...??  😲😡).

Nevertheless, let me share the mantra with the forum:

Aham brahmah sarvasva cha
Jagatah kaaranam parama
Aatmeshvara upadrashtah
Svayam-dridh aviseshanah

Lord Visnu replied, 'Brahma, Siva and I are the Supreme cause of the material manifestation.  I am the Supersoul and the self-sufficient witness.  But in a way we are non-different because everything rests in Me'.

Narayanahparo devas
Tasmah jatas chaturmukhah
Tasmad rudro bhavad devah
Sa cha sarva-janatam gataah

Shri Narayana is the Supreme Lord and from Him alone Brahma, Rudra, and others Gods are born.  Narayana is omniscient.

Machchitta madataprana
Bodhayantah parasparam
Kathayantascha mam nityam
Tushyanti cha ramanti cha

Those whose thoughts are absorbed in Me and whose vitality flows in Me;  teaching one another, talking about Me always, they are satisfied and fulfilled.

Beautiful sentiments that can only be appreciated in Sanskrit!
Edited by gardes - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow!! gardes, Wonderful!!
The secret mantra and its meaning!!

I can not expect anyone else among our forumers than you to get this mantra and its right meaning to all of us.
Thank YOU,

evasumi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you Gardes for the sholaka and the meaning.  Avinash did a pretty good job reciting that Mantras..  Love his powerful voice ..

Thank you once again..
radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Gardes,

This is amazing and bee is absolutely right. Only you could have deciphered it like this !! Hats off !! 

And BTW, when mahant spoke of Sr RP whispering mantra in Dev's ears, we know that NEVER  happened coz he passed away in Dev's arms and then he sprinkled the gangaajal that the "hiding" Rads offered him from the kalash.

So it's a technical blooper on the part of CVs, although it served the purpose as far as saving RP status from going to the duo clowns.
zam123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Gardes you have answered my prayer because I wanted to know what was the meaning of this mantra. Thanks
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: bee5

Wow!! gardes, Wonderful!!
The secret mantra and its meaning!!

I can not expect anyone else among our forumers than you to get this mantra and its right meaning to all of us.
Thank YOU,

Thanks Bee, for your vote of confidence in my ability to keep the forumers educated on the shloks and mantras.  The one thing you have to hand it to the CVs - they keep me on my toes.

You should have seen me at my computer changing earphones a couple of times to make sure I got the shloks correctly or my reputation would have been in the mud!  😆. 
gardes thumbnail
Originally posted by: evasumi

Thank you Gardes for the sholaka and the meaning.  Avinash did a pretty good job reciting that Mantras..  Love his powerful voice ..

Thank you once again..

Thank you, Eva, for appreciating my effort.  Abhay/Dev's delivery and diction were great.
sun_singh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow, thank you very much Grades! When Dev was reciting this Mantra i was in awe with his voice because i didnt understand the meaning of what he was saying but was just attracted to how powerful Avinash voice was but now i will look back at that scene and enjoy it once more now that i have some understanding of the meaning of the Mantra...😃

Thank you once again....👏
Edited by sun_singh - 13 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Gardes,

Thanks. I know some Sanskrit, so could understand some of it but not entirely. So, was planning to look at the internet to find the full meaning.

That recitation by Avinash was really great and made the whole episode very beautiful for me. He really looked like RajPurohit when he was saying that mantra.

I am also glad that they have changed the location back to Delhi. Somehow, this set (with few exceptions) have generated episodes where Dev and Radhika had the best chemistry. If they show the logic on Monday (about Abhay knowing so much from Dev's mannerisms to mantra and other stuff), this episode would be one of the outstanding ones.
rajsri thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Gardes ... thanks for the wonderful post

Dev/Abhay reciting the mantra was the best part of the episode for me ...

You are right in that sanskrit is a beautiful language and is hard to translate ... - also know that you have been watching only sporadically but since you have done a great job of it in the past, was hoping you would do the translation this time too 😊