Friday's food for thought

Posted: 13 years ago
Friday served food for thought mostly courtesy of the two younger Takur siblings. The older one has been a lost cause from day one. Kesar suffered humilation in silence, Krishna finally called Prats out on her behavior, Komal stripped the facade of the Sax family with a good dose of bauji-baba sparring for wind up the week's episodes.

Katra Naresh, the rude hyena, woke up his sleeping wife Kesar and asked her to move to the open terrace of the Niwas for the night.  He didn't think his wife worthy of sharing his bed bec' as she had slighted him and chosen to have his baby instead. Talk about being delusional!🐷 He had invited his kote-wali friend to share his marital bed instead.🐷 What a piece of work! πŸ˜ˆ He ordered his wife to make sure no one knew about his undercover activities at home. On her way to the terrace, Kesar ran into her devar, the young lion king Krishna who wanted to know why she loitering around in the middle of the night. Kesar gave him a cover up tale and headed for her bed with open views of the midnight skies.

Krishna walked into the room where his sherni hurriedly reminded him that he had kept her waiting while she was so pareshaan all evening bec' she was anxious to share some important information with him.  Tsk, tsk, tsk, Prats's got to pay more attention to her husband's moods when he walks in the door from now on.πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ Why does it have to be all about you all the time, beta?😲 She needs to get over herself, at least once in a while, please! Krishna was determined to be the first to have his say tonight after spending hours alone, contemplating on the sorry state of his existence in the animal kingdom recently. He told her he realized that the current situations and her actions to address them were not her fault. As a husband he had listened to her and done so much for her but could she in all honesty give him one instance when she had done one thing he wanted of her? What had he got out of this marriage? So why did he deserve this kind of treatment from his wife who to this day wouldn't let him touch her? Good questions Baba!πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ You are on a roll, dude, keep going! That's something many of us have been raking our brains over for months now.  He continued explaining that bec' of her behavior, the other animals in the family no longer treated him as the respected lion king but as a pathetic bleeting scapegoat. What had he not done for her?😲 In return, could she name ONE INSTANCE when she had done what he had asked of her😲?πŸ€” Sherni Prats couldn't come up with one. She listened quietly and let the lion king have his say. Hard to say whether she was mad, shocked or a wee remorseful there.πŸ˜• He threw down the gauntlet with an ultimatum that whatever she wanted to say would have to wait. First she had to prove that she gave a toss about him by consummating their marriage.πŸ€—  Flowers on the bed or a sign on the wall would clue him in. 😳Short, precise and succinct, Baba sounded more like Perry Mason in a courtroom than an illiterate today.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Baba asked Prats to prove he mattered to her.πŸ€— Terrified,😲 she pushed him away and challenged his "tareeka" of making his point, as expected. For a comeback she went back into her offensive mode and told him to listen to her instead bec' what she had to tell him was very important to the future of their marriage. Baba was tired of listening to the same tune. The lion king was back. He took charge and told her he was doing it his way now.

On the other side of town, Komal served her sasural another dose of reality without batting an eyelid. Way to go girl! Goes to show even an illiterate can teach the educated ones a thing or two. She called them out for trippng over themselves and treating the new lawyer in town like their new damadh who had just dismounted his horse. She reminded them of their hypocrisy in not giving their asli damadh the same hospitality. The Sax family's long forgotten manners and etiquette sorely missing esp. in the presence of a Takur, was reawakened by the presence of one of their own, an educated dude. The entire Sax clan ignored Komal as did the guest enjoying his hot cup of chai. Having made her point & flicking a snack off the plate served to their guest and went back to her room.  Saxenas expressed their gratitude to Mathur in their own ways. Dadi blessed Mathur for getting a date for her Shamu's trial. Nainaji invited him to a meal which Mathur gracefully declined with a rain check to join them once Prof came home. Arushi drooled a tad at Mathur who quietly ignored her and left the house in a hurry.πŸ˜›

Piasiya finding a paayal on KN's marital bed decided not to miss an opportunity to expose the Takur family's skeletons.  She announced the finding of Kesar's paayal holding it like a smelly dead rat.😑 KN looked at it with fear😲 in his eyes like a man who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. What will SS do when he finds out about KN's extra-marital activities under the family's roof?

The next morning, persistent Prats wanted to tell Krishna about the kidnapping again. He reminded her calmly he'd listen to anything she had to tell him when he was no longer a naam ke vaste pati to her. πŸ˜‰

Adarsh couldn't get wait to tell little sister Prats about Papa's date for the court hearing. But Nainaji wanted to make sure things were fine with Prats after she had told Krishna about the kidnapping. So when she called Krishna rudely told her to save her inquiries to the well being of her daughter. Krishna,come on dude,
that's no way to win over your in-laws to whom manners were of paramount importance!πŸ˜•

How was Komal not hearing some of this talk when she lived in the same house? πŸ˜•Was she not curious to figure out what her sasurals were hiding from her?😲

What a treat it was to watch the buzurg Takur and his young lion sparring with each other after a while! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘SS was back to his condescending way of talking to his wife and Baba. Baba walked out after reminding his bauji not to ask him questions to which he already had the answers. Bauji however had the last word when he called Krishna the deadweight of the world as he left the Niwas.πŸ€’πŸ˜•πŸ˜²

Preview: The sher got off his bike to the accompaniment of his famous "Krishna Krishna Krishna" background music as he approached Mathur with a smirk on his face. Mathur like his client was enjoying his cup of chai leisurely. The two rams are about to lock horns come Monday.😑

Today's episode confused me somehow. Though I'm very happy that Pratigya is getting a dose of her own medicine of how she treated Baba all these months, I am wondering whether the solution Krishna offered was right? Truly thinking, it would be a horrible situation for a girl where you're not sure you love the guy.πŸ˜• But every word Krishna said was so true, and I guess this was long coming. It has been months since their marriage, he has given her time, supported her multiple times, yet he has never been on the recieving end. At least the story is progressing.

Katra Naresh is just one sick person... he deserves a wife who will beat him up daily. Poor Kesar, she's so shareef.

And I swear, Komal is fast on her way to becoming my favourite character, right after Krishna though πŸ˜†. She has so much wisdom in her, and her mini speeches are the highlight of the Saxena scenes. However, the family never pays any attention to her. The poor girl, first the family used to send her to her room, now she sends herself to her room! πŸ˜† 

The show's gone back to being interesting 😊, I guess the CVs have read your W.O.P. post. It really seems as if they are taking the suggestions seriously. All that Baba spoke today seemed as if it were coming from our hearts. πŸ˜ƒ 

One question, though it's not related... what does Katra Naresh mean by the way?
Brilliant summing up Mera , kudos to u .
Three points
1] Krishna was brilliant when he told her What I got in this marraige .Krishna is perhaps not being fair in the eyes of youngsters by putting this condition but he has been pushed too far by pratigya's frigidity and one cannot now blame him .She wud have driven ANY man crazy is the blunt truth . She has done too much , far , far too much . Now he has gone beyond listening point .
2] Komal told very accurately that the son in law of this house is not as welcome as this SUDDEN CHAMAN . Muvaaa to Komal .

3] After hearing the truth , Krishna shud publicly defend Pratigya , bring her home and give her cold treatment for mONTHS .If she puts flowers on the bed to indicate she is READY he shud throw the flowers in a waste paper basket and walk out . Same goes for a sign on the wall , he shud rub it and sleep with back to her saying IM NOT interested .

4] Shakti's activities R REALITY . In Landlord houses in UP , such things r rampant . May shock some young , intellectual minds on this forum but at last some realism is here .
Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 13 years ago
Well there is  only one question I wanted to ask, what if Pratigya had agreed to his demands today. Would he be happy to have her this way. Can we say that he really loves her or just anxious to consummate their marriage when his second half was not ready. What we would have called such an act.??πŸ˜‰ , I mean he came in full of rage and anger, any act with that mind set could only be called🀬. 😑. The way Pratigya pushed him away was the only way out for both at that time.πŸ‘
Edited by SAM2U - 13 years ago
Mera, great recap😊....... After pouring his heart out...Pratigya immediately dismissed his words and said 'listen to me'...so sick of hearing that. I thought I saw some flicker of reaction on her face as he spoke but her words certainly show something else..!!......Then the same words again the next morning....honestly, she may as well record her words and play it over and over again becuse she sure isn't saying anything new......if this was real life, we would have been frustrated, upset and worried and when could not contain anymore would have just blurted out '...btw I was kidnapped..' but not here...πŸ˜”...

Everything Krishna said was so true and right. He has been more than patient and got nothing out of this relationship at all. Everything was for her benefit only, she never once acknowledged how he stood up for her time and time again.....seriously as Kool mentioned, he should just ignore her for some time and then perhaps she will realise what a treasure her husband is......Just to present a balanced view, Pratigya walked into this marriage with her eyes wide open and so she should be ready to be a wife...if she can't hack that then why on earth doesn't she leave him?.surely that would be the biggest lesson she could have taught him..😳...as long as she is in the relationship then it must work as a marriage, she can't have it all her way....In fact Krishna has reached the end of his tolerance as he coldly told her that only he will decide the future of their relationship, not her.......Few months ago he would never have said that as everything his pratigyaji said was the gospel truth..........But I can't shake the thought that Krishna has matured, he is no longer the lovesick boy blind to all and everything except for pratigya........He realised she is just human after all with clay feet...even his interaction with his sasu-ma showed some change, he used to adore them more than his own parent...too late they may realise what a great daman he is.......

I hope that his words have some effect on her thinking and actions otherwise come the 'C' episode I might have a tough time believing in it and have waited for so long......

btw, Sam2u..Krishna wasn't using force, he was just holding on tightly....yeah she pushed him but he wanted to show who had the upper hand....if he really wanted to force her well we all know he could have.....

There was no anger on his face tonight, just a lot of pain and resignation but wow was he the Man!!..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜³πŸ˜³
Edited by Dreamygal301 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by SAM2U

Well there is  only one question I wanted to ask, what if Pratigya had agreed to his demands today. Would he be happy to have her this way. Can we say that he really loves her or just anxious to consummate their marriage when his second half was not ready. What we would have called such an act.??πŸ˜‰ , I mean he came in full of rage and anger, any act with that mind set could only be called🀬. 😑. The way Pratigya pushed him away was the only way out for both at that time.πŸ‘

The way I saw the scene was Krishna after thinking about the past months realized that he had to get his answers. He didn't yell, he got right to the heart of the matter, kept it simple yet expressed it with passion bec' it mattered to him bec' he was invested in this marriage. He didn't manhandle her and when she pushed him away she tried to avoid the subject. He gave her the space and time and told her to give a sign when she was ready....sign on the wall, flowers on the bed, whatever and was willing to give her some time to digest what he told her. He wasn't rude or disrespectful just putting his POV across.

He told her he got diddly squat out of the marriage which is the truth, when he had supported her always. One of his best lines was when he stumped her with "give me just one instance, just one when you have done what I asked of you. He gave her food for thought. She couldn't refute his point bec' she knew he spoke the truth. None of the Saxenas would have fault his stance. Would love to see Adarsh posed with such questions to wake him up from his indifferent state.
Originally posted by MERARAI

The way I saw the scene was Krishna after thinking about the past months realized that he had to get his answers. He didn't yell, he got right to the heart of the matter, kept it simple yet expressed it with passion bec' it mattered to him bec' he was invested in this marriage. He didn't manhandle her and when she pushed him away she tried to avoid the subject. He gave her the space and time and told her to give a sign when she was ready....sign on the wall, flowers on the bed, whatever and was willing to give her some time to digest what he told her. He wasn't rude or disrespectful just putting his POV across.

He told her he got diddly squat out of the marriage which is the truth, when he had supported her always. One of his best lines was when he stumped her with "give me just one instance, just one when you have done what I asked of you. He gave her food for thought. She couldn't refute his point bec' she knew he spoke the truth. None of the Saxenas would have fault his stance. Would love to see Adarsh posed with such questions to wake him up from his indifferent state.

Even the next morning when she said the same words again he was like last night I told you ok I will again say it quietly.....and yet again she still had a blank look on her face.....I'm hoping the blank look is just a facade and behind that her brain is busily making plans/ideas to show her husband how wrong he was and that she appreciated everything he had done to support her in their marriage...I'm hoping she takes his advice that if she feels too shy to tell him she is ready, she just decorates the room, draw on the wall (πŸ˜†) and he the astute guys that he is will know she is finally ready for their suhaag raat...😍....All I can say is pratigya don't let him slip from you or you'll regret it for the rest of your life...πŸ₯Ί

Originally posted by Dreamygal301

Even the next morning when she said the same words again he was like last night I told you ok I will again say it quietly.....and yet again she still had a blank look on her face.....I'm hoping the blank look is just a facade and behind that her brain is busily making plans/ideas to show her husband how wrong he was and that she appreciated everything he had done to support her in their marriage...I'm hoping she takes his advice that if she feels too shy to tell him she is ready, she just decorates the room, draw on the wall (πŸ˜†) and he the astute guys that he is will know she is finally ready for their suhaag raat...😍....All I can say is pratigya don't let him slip from you or you'll regret it for the rest of your life...πŸ₯Ί

For every rude comment  or rejection she has directed his way he has given her more support and done her bidding. That's the difference. Today he was brilliant. He behaved with so much control esp. since what he was saying was rather intense but he calmed himself to make this an honest sensible talk.  I expected to see her show some admiration, may be even appreciation for how well he put it all in such simple terms. He may not be formally educated but he made more sense and expressed himself beautifully. There was so much clarity in his expression of his feelings. She was stumped by what he said, if she was honest she'd admit he spoke the truth.
for katra naresh.....i was shocked.........after all d slap nad gallis he gets from ss still he had d guts to get another woman in d house..........................horrible...................😑

and krishna .....well his dialogue abt sign on d wall or flowers on bed made me.................🀣

he still thinks that prats sharmati hai...............🀣

and v have seen him listening to other ppls comments and then react.......................well for a change today he decided alone and put this condition for prats................................πŸ˜•

Originally posted by MERARAI

For every rude comment  or rejection she has directed his way he has given her more support and done her bidding. That's the difference. Today he was brilliant. He behaved with so much control esp. since what he was saying was rather intense but he calmed himself to make this an honest sensible talk.  I expected to see her show some admiration, may be even appreciation for how well he put it all in such simple terms. He may not be formally educated but he made more sense and expressed himself beautifully. There was so much clarity in his expression of his feelings. She was stumped by what he said, if she was honest she'd admit he spoke the truth.

Mera, he did ask her that...said be honest, have you ever did something for me...something along that line but he used the word 'immander'....she was mute...wish I could read her expression. But I don't think it's my imgaination, she did look a bit agitated when he first spoke..about what though cannot say because she then immediately dismissed his words...she could have said something like 'ok I understand, can we discuss this later as I want to talk about...'...but no, her words so abrupt and hard...!!