Dill Mill Gaye

Passive resistance: why move all ATs? - Page 5

Poll

How many of you agree with the decision to shift the ATs?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Ishan.

I am UNHAPPY with this decision. Moving all ATs because of a problematic one is not correct !! So I am in , I don't agree with moving of ALL ATs to some other forum just to be fair to the problematic AT !

thanks for the support ishan! I'm glad you think along the same lines 😊
.driftingaway thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Im not suprised to see that the mods have moved the AT's to CFC section despite the majority of us strongly disagreeing with the decision. They are THE MODS afterall. They can do whatever they want. They have the power. We get treated like horseshit, and our opinions are not valued at all.

Hell, all we wanted  was a clear explanation of why all the AT's were being moved. Even though it is only one specific AT (yes, you guys know who you are)  in which members bash dmg and the characters, chat and spam, and discuss explicit sexual content.

ZOMG. WE EVEN POSTED EVIDENCE.  YET THE MODS BLATANTLY TURNED A BLIND EYE TO IT ALL.

Aah but then again, when a certain viewbie who also happens to be a core member at that  AT can get away with posting po*n*graphic material,
 i can see why the members there get away with it too.  😊

I'd like to thank the DT for once again proving to us that they really dont value any of the members here, (exception: a select few)  and completely disregard our feelings and queries and opinions.  Shows what excellent moderator's they are.

The dev team couldn't even provide us evidence to back up their argument and to justify the reason for moving the completely clean AT's. Unfair decision! and NO '' we know what is good for the forum'' or ''this is the best option for everyone'' or '' we cannot discuss/provide evidence because it is all confidential info'' (lmfao yeh, right) is not good enough.  We arent stupid, so dont treat us like we are!

on a final note i'd like to say that in my opinion the dmg dev team is biased, unfair, and moderate selectively. The majority of the moderators/viewbies are not competent enough to run this forum, they lack key decision making/leadership and communication skills and qualities and a certain person was promoted into a viewbie despite posting sexual content in a public forum, having a history of being abusive and has had numerous WL raise's from the JDJ forum (whilst protecting KSG, and attacking members who are not banana lovers).  Some even think because they have the power they can dictate the entire forum.

Im not ungrateful, yes the dmg dev team do dedicate a lot of time to helping out for free, and i am thankful for that! but i would appreciate it if the mods here didnt constantly try and toy with us emotionally by giving us the whole '' we have lives too!'' ''we dont get paid for this'' bull, because at the end of the day you VOLUNTEERED to help out, and if you cant handle the heat, you shouldnt be moderating in the first place!

There are more than enough members here, on this very forum who not only have a clean history on IF. But possess all the qualities to moderate this forum succesfully, yet they are not given a chance because they do not have any connections, and neither do they suck upto the mods. Instead we have a bunch of amateurs who indulge in abusing their power.

Edited by driftingaway - 13 years ago
U-No-Poo thumbnail
@Aish - thanks for commenting! I agree completely.. we NEED answers to questions.
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Even i didn't like the decision !!! AT's for a certain show should be in the forum !!!
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Originally posted by: gimzy

Count me in!!!!  This whole idea is absurd and the points put forward by MODs for taking this decision have no base, and i can say this since yesterday i have been trying to fiind one good reason why they decided to move all ATs when seriously some ATs work so hard at maintaining a decorum and even members get told off because sometimes we get carried away and talk negative and i won't say abuse coz for me abuse has a total different definition than for many in DMG forum. 

exactly! some members here voluntarily quit because they wanted their AT to be safe. and this is what they get in return? All the ATs belong here in the main forum. Period. The mods outright REFUSE to answer the questions. wow, and since when is that known as being fair?

Here i would like to quote Hally and say this too, many members in SR AT prefer not to go there and discuss what they really feel about the characters, current storyline and how things are being handled just to avoid the AT getting warnings, some members in that AT work so hard in maintaining the decorum, and try hard to monitor the situation so that bad posts can be edited, they do the job MODs should be doing and what they get in return, or should i say what we members who have lots of negative things to say but surpress our thoughts just not to upset everyone gets in return!!!! to be treated like others who don't think twice before writing whatever they feel not caring at all, of ots against the rule!!!!

WORD.

Basically this whole idea of taking decisions for members is not right, MODs i agree do a tremendous job here on DMG forum, the war zone of IF, evryone knows that, but that doesn't mean we have to actually behave as if we are in WWII or more nicely put,  these rules and regulations makes it feel like we are a whole lot bunch of kids and not know how to behave and take remarks on us, so if children don't listen the best way to deal with them is lock them up in their room or send them to a boarding school or something,  that what they did, remove all ATs and send them somewhere else, not our problem anymore, frankly i am truly disapointed, that in this age and believing lots here are adults we are still behaving like kids and are getting treated like kids........................

making rules and giving WLs is the easy way out. what really demands hard work is actual moderating and monitoring, which unfortunately the mods never do. look into the history of DMG forum, you will find rules, more rules, AND MORE RULES.

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Originally posted by: shanti05

Even i didn't like the decision !!! AT's for a certain show should be in the forum !!!

yep, ideally they should be. but the mods no longer wish to take responsibility for these ATs, and have hence dumped us unceremoniously into another section.
AnonymousUser thumbnail
What's the point of this forum when we cant have our AT's here?? And if its getting too hard to monitor the AT's then get more moderators.
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
We prefer to discuss abt the show and the characters they play in the forum and appreciate their efforts
Do we need to go all the way top CFC to tell in the AT
It is ridiculous
and again come to the forum
we will be walking all over the placeπŸ˜†

keep mods exclusive for AT

Yes invite some more mods to handle DMG fourm

'As it is I think this is the only forum will a dozen mods and they can initiate some fan group members to also take care of the AT's and report anything which is against the rules!!

U-No-Poo thumbnail
yeah, if handling the forum is so much of a trouble, then just introduce more mods to take care of the place.
-Doppelganger- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I'm certainly not happy with the decision!!!
Shifting the AT's is like punishing all the members because of the wrong done by a few.The mods could have just raised the WL's of those members found violating rules or ban them if there are too many reports against them.What's the need of punishing everyone?
There is absolutely no fairness in this.

Shifting the alleged 'problematic ATs' is not the solution as well.All the members in a particular AT aren't problematic.Proper actions should be taken only against the one's who are seen violating rules.