Posted: 13 years ago

Geet The serial has so much to offer...

I like the way Geet uses symbolism to portray deeper meanings of life…

Everday there is something we can take home..besides Maaneet… but yes really take home into our lives

Be is sharing, caring, giving, tenderness or heartache. All give us depth of what it feels like to be in love or to love someone.

Some of the symbolisms I have seen are

The dupatta – ek naari ki lajja… How Maan always and I mean always ensures that he respects Geet, her dupatta signifies the symbolism of being dignity that surrounds a woman. It protects and covers a woman not literally but figuratively her self respect.

The wound Maan gets – noticed how whenever Geet had been in pain or hurt, it is always Maan hurting his left hand too. Especially noted during the scenes in hoshiyarpur where he hurt himself and even when he hurt her, his wound got scratched again he once again hurt himself. This is symbolism of his understanding her pain, what better than to feel her pain like his own.

The Taveez – this is probably the biggest symbolism of all..

He is her destiny and vice versa. Taveez bind them together, this of course sy mbolises that destiny will always bring two people who are meant for each other together, no matter what…

These are some that I find…pls add what you have seen as well and if you agree with me!

Nice topic Vrushali.....hope Maan also understands the meaning of these symbols and y they r showing up in his life again and again
Wow...that was brilliant!..Speaking of Taavez...I havent seen it for a while now.....

Now that Geet is moving to his outhouse...it will probably show up again....who knows maybe Geet will come across the taveez herself...
interesting topic 👍🏼

**Geet tingling her bangles as he enters her dressing room
**da dupatta falling on her head
**da garland  around his neck
**da red blood marks of geet's feel like altaa on a brides feet
as she walks in her new home for da first time after wedding
**his drop of blood  wen he cuts his hand, falling exactly
 on her feet marks on da floor, mixing der blood together
a perfecto symbol of being *DESTINED* to be together

certainly well symbolised...
skorpion
love your post...and so agree!!! I love that kind of writing...writing that explores deeper meaning and themes and literally devices!!
Originally posted by serendipityusa

Wow...that was brilliant!..Speaking of Taavez...I havent seen it for a while now.....

Now that Geet is moving to his outhouse...it will probably show up again....who knows maybe Geet will come across the taveez herself...

agree......after seeing that she will remember what the astrologer had said & then realize that Maan is the one for her.

@rushtrip.....yeah i love how the creatives have added these subtle nuances in the story.......very innovative...👍🏼
Edited by swan20 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by skorpion

interesting topic 👍🏼

**Geet tingling her bangles as he enters her dressing room
**da dupatta falling on her head
**da garland  around his neck
**da red blood marks of geet's feel like altaa on a brides feet
as she walks in her new home for da first time after wedding
**his drop of blood  wen he cuts his hand, falling exactly
 on her feet marks on da floor, mixing der blood together
a perfecto symbol of being *DESTINED* to be together

certainly well symbolised...
skorpion

hey so true..thanks...so much for adding them...
you know i thought about all the stuff that has been happening..but got distracted with the promo..i saw...

thanks for reminding..these..
Originally posted by swan20

agree......after seeing that she will remember what the astrologer had said & then realize that Maan is the one for her.

@rushtrip.....yeah i love how the creatives have added these subtle nuances in the story.......very innovative...👍🏼

yes i am sure..the taveez will come once they fall in love...totally..right now it is Maan..

Geet has yet to like him for himself.and then fall in love..the close proximity will bring..out the other facets that maan has...and yes they will be comic..and sweet...i am so looking forward to this track..

@bold yep i find the symbolism very appropriate, it is a different way of story telling and i find it so much more refreshing than the silly bang and angles of the same scene that other serials do...
Edited by rushtrip - 13 years ago
Originally posted by rushtrip

yes i am sure..the taveez will come once they fall in love...totally..right now it is Maan..

Geet has yet to like him for himself.and then fall in love..the close proximity will bring..out the other facets that maan has...and yes they will be comic..and sweet...i am so looking forward to this track..

ahhhh i am loving it!...it feels as if i am in maneet's heaven!...😳😆.......
you people are so creative,...........how come u come up with all these amazing analysis? Looks like maan's fans rocks too! :)