Desi Girl

I'm not competitive: Roshni Chopra

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

I'm not competitive: Roshni Chopra

Giggling through most of the first part of the conversation, she makes it evident that she is over the moon, having beaten other girls to be the winner of Desi Girl.

I'm content
"I'm super happy. Right now I'm busy buying gifts for family and friends. My family is extremely fond of tea. I've bought tea, crockery for them, and some watches and jewellery also. Sadly, I have to go to Phuket to fulfill a work commitment, otherwise I so wish I could catch the first flight to Chandigarh and meet my people. Also, this is the first time that I'm not buying anything for myself. I'm content with my victory."

I knew I was popular
"I knew it for a fact that I was extremely popular among the villagers. Although Kashmeera won the audience's votes, I won the villagers' votes. They saw us for 24x7 for seven weeks, while the audience saw only 21 hours of programming. Villagers were the ones who were there all the time, they managed to see through us. It was they who put a seal on the love that they had for me."

Most difficult task
"The most difficult task was the kabaddi game where we had to fight the state-level champions. I was the last one to go, but the only one to win the task and gain immunity. No one had expected a delicate darling like me to win, while all other contenders lost the fight." 
Monica Bedi shouldn't act like a sour loser
"Contestants who get ousted from the competition shouldn't act like sour losers. Monica's allegations that I bribed the villagers with money and alcohol are stupid. Everything was taken from us when we entered the village, so from where would have I sourced the money and alcohol that she is talking about?"

I'm not competitive
"Taking part in more reality shows is not on my scheme of things right now. I'm not a very competitive person and I like to be a non-controversial person. I can't tolerate politics that form a part of these shows. My normal behaviour on the show was misconstrued as fake, and the villagers' positive response – their love and trust was considered as partiality by the other contestants. People like watching reality shows for the masala and politics, and I can't offer these."

Filmi side up
"I think films suit me fine. I have many TV offers right now, but I'll take them up only if I think it's worth the effort. Soon I'll get busy with my film – Fir. It is a Vikram Bhatt movie, and my co-stars are Adah Sharma and Rajniesh Duggal. I also have a Hollywood production that will start rolling in September. But, I'm not allowed to talk about it right now."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Im-not-competitive-Roshni-Chopra/articleshow/6130596.cms