CBS

JJ & Prentiss being written out of CM?

ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
I just came across this (although the news is week or so old) and I'm horrified.

Breaking: 'Criminal Minds' drops A.J. Cook

There was blood shed on the set of Criminal Minds today, only this time it was behind the scenes.

Sources confirm that producers have opted not to pick up A.J. Cook's contract option for next season. Which is a fancy way of saying girlfriend was fired.

Meanwhile, fellow cast member Paget Brewster is in talks to remain a series regular, although her episode count is expected to be reduced.

The decision to cut Cook — and cut back Brewster — was made for financial creative reasons. A new actress will be brought in later in the season to fill the void left by Cook.

Will you miss J.J.? Tell me all about it in the comments!

tbqh, this reeks of institutionalized sexism. CBS seems to be doing just fine financially if the CM spinoff is any indication. Typical case of white men only writing for white men (honestly, they could name this show Hotch/Reid Angst Hour and it wouldn't be less accurate) but they were still trying with the female characters. I can't emphasize how much I hate that they've stopped trying to write kickass female characters. If this really does stand, S6 is the last season I'm going to watch. Stay ~classy CBS.