Mini Mathur turns quizmaster

monzyxo thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Mini Mathur turns quizmaster

Mini MathurShe's back! After becoming a household name as the affable host of Indian Idol and the passionate dancer on Jhalak Dikhla Ja, Mini Mathur is back to doing what she does best. She will soon be seen quizzing people on a sports-based quiz show - Sports Ka Superstar - Khel Quiz.

Returning to television after a long voluntary sabbatical Mathur says, "I only want to be associated with shows where I can add value to the show, where my expertise makes a qualitative difference to the show. Such shows are slow to come by and I have never worked for money alone. It's always quality over quantity. So I waited."

Ask her about the show and she is quick to say, "At the core Sports Ka Superstar is a pure sports quiz but it's very entertaining as well. The competition is very intense but there is a lot of fun and positive energy on the show. True to television, it has a lot of nail biting twists as well. I can bet no one has seen a show like this on TV before. Plus, there is me!"

Hosting a sports quiz for the first time, she quips, "I have to say I'm not a sports freak but I know enough to hold an intelligent conversation. As a host, quiz is the toughest format. I have to be the energy, question, an answer, court jester, fun provider, fact finder and game player all rolled into one! It's something no woman anchor has been entrusted with before!"

Interestingly, Mini Mathur- the veejay, television presenter and actress started her career with a corporate job. "I was working with J Walter Thompson for a couple of years when the opportunity to host Tol Mol ke Bol dropped into my lap. Post that the offers kept pouring in and I couldn't sail in two boats at the same time. Though I don't regret the shift, I miss being part of the corporate world"

After veejay-ing non-stop for almost four years with MTV, she shot to fame as the exuberant co-host of Indian Idol. "I gave a piece of my soul to Indian Idol. I was emotionally available for the contestants 24 x 7, from sorting their insecurities to love problems. I even got home cooked food for them! I guess that bond showed on screen," says a clearly emotional Mathur.

She is no doubt that she is a television icon but why does she shy away from doing movies? "I have always liked focusing on one job and getting better at it rather than being a jack of all trades. I genuinely love my job as a TV presenter. Plus nothing so exciting has ever been offered to me in films that I may want to experiment with it."

After becoming a mother for the second time, she is back to looking her svelte vivacious self. "My husband (Kabir Khan) is a fitness freak and he motivates me to be fit as well. I work out regularly with my trainer. During my pregnancy, I did a lot of yoga and ate sensibly. I lost the post-natal weight quite soon and am in my best shape ever right now," says the proud mom of two-Vivaan and Sairah.

So after the hugely successful MTV Big Picture, MTV 123, MTV Gaana Masti, Indian Idol, Bombay Blush and Iss Jungle se Mujhe Bachao… Mini Mathur is back to entertain us all with her incisive quizzing and infectious smile.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monzyxo thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
i want her back on indian idol! she was such a good host