Posted: 13 years ago

I'm disappointed!-Barbara Mori

May 23rd

Barbara Mori returns home after flying high in India…

SUBHASH K JHA Times News Network (BOMBAY TIMES; May 23, 2010)

Barbara Mori is leaving our shores a disappointed woman. The sexy Latino actress, back in India for the second time in a month and probably the last time now, feels let down on two counts. One, of course, is the unfavourable public response to her much-awaited film with Hrithik Roshan this weekend; and, the second, is that her dream of visiting the Taj Mahal remains unfulfilled.

Hours after the negative feedback for Kites began rolling in, Barbara pretended to be oblivious of what critics and audiences had to say. She also appeared unaware that the screening of the film had been stopped in Bangalore. For when BT asked where she was going as part of the promotional tour, Barbara mentioned Bangalore along with Delhi and Kolkata. Friday afternoon, the actress spent visiting multiplexes and theatres across Mumbai to interact with fans. But while the fall in the excitement level was palpable (Kites was one of the most hyped films of all time in Bollywood), Barbara said unconcernedly, "I'm really excited. I'm waiting for the Indian people's response. The premiere in New York and London was amazing. There were hordes of Indians screaming for Hrithik and me. Let's see how people here love it." The 'people here' haven't loved the film too much. And when informed that the response to it has been sluggish and at best mixed, Barbara's feisty Latin blood boiled in heated defence. "It's a little different from Bollywood films. Kites has got a lot of Hollywood mixed with Mexican culture and then packaged in Bollywood. It's a different experience," she argued. True, but then the language in the film is an uncomfortable challenge for audiences. It's 90 per cent in Spanish and English, with subtitles in Hindi, and Indian audiences aren't used to reading sub-titles. Somewhat angrily now, Barbara replied, "The problem IS what the film is about. Kites is about two people who cannot understand each other. She's from Mexico and doesn't speak English. He's from India and he doesn't speak Spanish. And they fall in love. My brother thinks it is my best film to date. Friends in New York enjoyed it too." Maybe, but Indian audiences are reportedly dissatisfied with Rakesh Roshan's product. And Barbara now heads for Venezuela to star in her next film. "And then I'm back home in Mexico to produce a play which I'll be acting in. I really like being on stage," the actress said. As for the Taj Mahal, she's hoping to be back in India for another film next year "and then I'll see the Taj Mahal". But just why the Roshans who played host and dost to her couldn't arrange a trip for their Mexican guest to the monument of love is beyond comprehension.

http://fenilandbollywood.com/tag/bombay-times/
she needs to understand that it is not the indian audiences it is the screenplayEdited by nkapoor - 13 years ago
ignorance is bliss.......seriously rather than giving all sorts of wrong reasons why can't babara just admit that Kites had a weak story line and weaker screenplay and that the main reason why the audiences did not like the movie......

Disgusting: How Barbara Mori Was Conned?

There's this front page story in today's Bombay Times 'I'm disappointed'...Barbara Mori returns home after flying high in India

Now, Barbara has not said a SINGLE time that she is 'disappointed' in the story that follows. Obviously the writer (well known for con games) has manufactured a story according to his convenience. Mori has tweeted today morning that she will be in India for a few more days but the BT story portrays as if she is fleeing India because of the so called 'negative' response to her film 'Kites'. This is what Barbara tweeted about this Bombay Times 'Isshtory':

@Delamori This bombay times lies!! Unbelievable! Why they doing this?.i just want u to know that i can't be more happy in my life rigth now because of kites and how the people loved the film!

The manner in which the writer hammers his point of view and rubbishes Mori is disgusting to say the least. The writer (infamous for allegedly seeking sexual favours from a famous male singer in Bollywood) who is known to patronise a certain set of Bollywood fraternity and demonise others, as per convenience, has shamefully discarded the Indian term 'Atithi Devo Bhava' (The guest is God). Barbara is a guest of the country. She doesn't deserve to be hounded like this. I have interacted with Barbara and she is a genuinely nice person without any airs about her whatsoever. I asked a few tough questions with Barbara but she handled them very maturely and in an easy going manner. It's obvious once you read this article that this guy deliberately provoked her for no rhyme or reason. He insinuates why Roshans couldn't arrange for her trip to Taj Mahal which Mori wanted to see. Did the Roshans not 'buy' the editorial space that this paper is well known for to get such unsubstantiated junk written about them?

Well, as a journalist, one can surely comment about a film, whether you like it or not. That's fine. But desperately running down a film whereas the same writer has written such glowing praise about some of the trashiest films in the past (Saawariya was a work of Art for him, maybe the 'closeness' to the director had something to do with that).

'Kites' has taken a humungous opening all over. All the sensible Indian critics have given favourable reviews while the foreign press seems to be loving it. Yes, the people reaction is mixed. But some films take time in growing. As long as people are coming in theatres because of their own choice, why spread such negativity. The fate of the film will be decided anyways.

Also, anyone aspiring to be in media, always remember, never misquote the celebrity whom you've interviewed. It's cheating. And should be condemned in the strongest words.

http://faridoonshahryar.blogspot.com/2010/05/disgusting-how-barbara-mori-was-conned.html

Her tweet

Delamori

This bombay times lies!! Unbelievable! Why they doing this?.i just want u to know that i can't be more happy in (cont) http://tl.gd/1eg6l7
Originally posted by -anisha-

Disgusting: How Barbara Mori Was Conned?

There's this front page story in today's Bombay Times 'I'm disappointed'...Barbara Mori returns home after flying high in India

Now, Barbara has not said a SINGLE time that she is 'disappointed' in the story that follows. Obviously the writer (well known for con games) has manufactured a story according to his convenience. Mori has tweeted today morning that she will be in India for a few more days but the BT story portrays as if she is fleeing India because of the so called 'negative' response to her film 'Kites'. This is what Barbara tweeted about this Bombay Times 'Isshtory':

@Delamori This bombay times lies!! Unbelievable! Why they doing this?.i just want u to know that i can't be more happy in my life rigth now because of kites and how the people loved the film!

The manner in which the writer hammers his point of view and rubbishes Mori is disgusting to say the least. The writer (infamous for allegedly seeking sexual favours from a famous male singer in Bollywood) who is known to patronise a certain set of Bollywood fraternity and demonise others, as per convenience, has shamefully discarded the Indian term 'Atithi Devo Bhava' (The guest is God). Barbara is a guest of the country. She doesn't deserve to be hounded like this. I have interacted with Barbara and she is a genuinely nice person without any airs about her whatsoever. I asked a few tough questions with Barbara but she handled them very maturely and in an easy going manner. It's obvious once you read this article that this guy deliberately provoked her for no rhyme or reason. He insinuates why Roshans couldn't arrange for her trip to Taj Mahal which Mori wanted to see. Did the Roshans not 'buy' the editorial space that this paper is well known for to get such unsubstantiated junk written about them?

Well, as a journalist, one can surely comment about a film, whether you like it or not. That's fine. But desperately running down a film whereas the same writer has written such glowing praise about some of the trashiest films in the past (Saawariya was a work of Art for him, maybe the 'closeness' to the director had something to do with that).

'Kites' has taken a humungous opening all over. All the sensible Indian critics have given favourable reviews while the foreign press seems to be loving it. Yes, the people reaction is mixed. But some films take time in growing. As long as people are coming in theatres because of their own choice, why spread such negativity. The fate of the film will be decided anyways.

Also, anyone aspiring to be in media, always remember, never misquote the celebrity whom you've interviewed. It's cheating. And should be condemned in the strongest words.

http://faridoonshahryar.blogspot.com/2010/05/disgusting-how-barbara-mori-was-conned.html

Her tweet

Delamori

This bombay times lies!! Unbelievable! Why they doing this?.i just want u to know that i can't be more happy in (cont) http://tl.gd/1eg6l7
OMG THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Why are the media people showing India in a bad light everytime they write false reports like this. How unwelcoming for babara.
Originally posted by Angel39

Why are the media people showing India in a bad light everytime they write false reports like this. How unwelcoming for babara.

i knowww
this isn't the first time. media always do with hrithik's female actresses.
There are two different articles posted. First one is stating the false article about how B. Mori was disappointed, thats when nkapoor replied first. but then another article was posted how she never felt like this with her tweet as proof. Nkapoor read the second article how the first one was false therefore changed her view. Edited by Angel39 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Angel39

There are two different articles posted. First one is stating the false article about how B. Mori was disappointed, thats when nkapoor replied first. but then another article was posted how she never felt like this with her tweet as proof. Nkapoor read the second article how the first one was false therefore changed her view.
dun worry angel39 thanks for helping!👏⭐️