*::*Vaibhavi Merchant Appreciation Thread*::*

Posted: 13 years ago

Vaibhabhi Merchant was born on 1975.She is a well-known Bollywood dance choreographer, the granddaughter of pioneering choreographer Shri Hiralal Merchant. Currently she is dating director Sanjay Leela Bhansali, whom she became involved with during the shooting of the movie Saawariya.

She began her career by assisting her uncle Chinni Prakash. She had her acting debut in the Malayalam film Snehapoorvam Anna, but returned to her roots as choreographer.

Her first solo work was the choreography for the song "Dhol Baaje" for the hit film Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. She won a National Film Award for her work. She took a short break from the industry and then returned with a bang in the form of the song "'O Ri Chhori'" from the Oscar-nominated Lagaan in 2001.

She continued to choreograph selected numbers in prominent films such as Devdas, Baghban, Fida, Dhoom, and Veer Zaara. She also choreographed the Australian musical The Merchants of Bollywood, a musical written by Toby Gough about her family.

She also choreographed one of the most popular song of 2005, "Kajra Re" from Bunty aur Babli, winning several awards for her choreography for the song. She was a judge in Nach Baliye 3 along with David Dhawan and Isha Koppikar.

For "Dhol Baaje" from Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam: she got National Film Award for Best Choreography. For "Kajra Re" in Bunty Aur Babli: she got many awards for best chareography like IIFA Award,Zee Award,Star Screen Award,Apsara Award.

Currently she's one of the judges in Zara Nachke Dikha, and the best judge in my opinion. She's sweet, she's cute, she's adorable, she's staright-forward yet she's the master in judging the technical factors of dancing. She was also the judge of Nach Baliye 3.

_-sHoNaa-_
desi_baby07
missmasakalli
Naughtynatty
tanya121
KaJen1

Edited by _-sHoNaa-_ - 13 years ago
Hey! I'd like to join! She's an amazing judge! :)

-aisha
woot!! wud like to join ...she is brilliant and  very bright .......
hey add me too !!
I love her !!
One of the best choreographers !! =P
Vaibhavi's picks this season

Celebrated choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant, who is judging STAR Plus' reality show Zara Nachke Dikha is in awe of the stunning acts the contestants have showcased so far on the show. Right from the pro at dancing to the two tiny-tots, she has praised them all for  their mesmerising acts.

In her own words, the lady behind the moves of Dola Re (Devdas) had declared in one of the episodes that she has witnessed some of the rare acts on this show. All these  acts  have been choreographed by Karishma for  the Massakalis and Harshal-Vithal for Mastkalandars while their assistants are Deepa, Uchita, Saaket. Here's a look at some of the acts that impressed Vaibhavi.

The fire act
t
In the second episode of the show, Massakali girls did something which was never seen on the dance floor. Both Mukti and Hazel performed a fire act, which has all kinds of stunts but at the same time very dangerous as well. After the performance, Vaibhavi gave a compliment to Mukti saying 'You are looking hot and I have never seen such dance by girls...

The fire-brand
It looked as if the two teams had sworn to set the stage on fire and Vaibhavi seemed to be loving it. After the fiery act from Massakalis, the lady was a witness to an even more hot act put together by Siddhesh Pai and Akkshat Gupta. She was impressed with the well co-ordinated act of the guys but was eqaually scared for them having attempted such a dangerous act. She applauded Siddhesh for having tried something as risky as this as he had to jump into the fire.

Former lovers unite for an act
The act had Rakhi Sawant and former boyfriend Abhishek Awasthi perform together. And Vaibhavi was all praises for Abhishek. She even went on to say that Abhishek was better than her counterpart. She felt that the lad was technically more fit and nimble footed whereas, Sawant felt a little short when it comes to doing his moves swiftly.

Little Sparsh's divine performance
Massakali little girl Sparsh Khanchandani performed something different, well the budding actress did Natraj tandav in Lord Shiva get up and she got good comments from all the three judges.Vaibhavi Merchant was so happy with her performance that she said that 'I salute to you for  this performance and I didn't know that you were so flexible and you know classical dance very well at this age, especially all the mudras were perfect in the show.

Gondhal Act
If Massakali girls are giving impressive performances then Mastkalander boys are also giving tough competition as recently Akkshat did a mind blowing act of Marathi folk dance- Godhal.The actor was so energetic in this act that he left everyone speechless.Vaibhavi was so impressed that she just bowed down to Akkshat for the fact that he  brought such high energy in this performance.

Mother's day special
Who says emotions are the domain of the fairer sex as the Mastkalandars with their act as a dedication to their mothers on the Mothers' Day left merchant speechless. She was in awe of the act and felt short of words to describe the act. The choreographer was charmed by Siddhesh's performance in particular, who had slipped while performing a stunt in the act. But that didn't deter him a wee-bit and he joined his boy-gang in a matter of seconds. The lady felt that the lad is completely dedicated and passionate about dancing. She also felt that the boys were in complete co-ordination and synchronisation.
Hey thanks for this!
Please add me too!
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz add me
she is an awesome choreographer
Nobody posts anything in this thread :(