https://soundx.mp3pk.com/indian/kismat/3%28mp3pk.com%29.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Richa Sharma
  • You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular
  • Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Posted: 13 years ago
Note: Round 4 is the Romantic Round. So you should pay extra attention to how well they do the "romantic" type singing.
Aah... the Romantic Round!

The singing is more of what we are used to by now from Richa, which is not necessarily a bad. Baar-baar 'great harkats, great high pitches' ka comment de ke mein thak gaya hoon, but what to do - Richa does excel in the harkats and high pitches!

But this being the Romantic Round, I'm judging the singing on one criterion: how effectively does the singer convey a romantic thought in the song?

Well, I can't blame risingabove for selecting this song. With lyrics such as 'Dil teri deewangi mein kho gaya hain, ho gaya hain ishq tumse ho gaya hain' most people would be fooled into expecting a typical 90's love ballad of the Jatin-Lalit/Nadeem-Shravan/Anu Malik variety, complete with even more pointless lyrics, dholaks set on a 4-beat theka, and violins constantly going up and down the same octave.

BUT this song is much worse. It is deadly - in the bad way. Despite the happy, lovey-dovey lyrics, the tune and arrangements and singing all sound full of lament. All this makes it a null and pretty lamentable song. It might have been a song required by a situation in the movie, but I'm pretty darn sure never going to watch the movie, so I'll never know (neither do I want to know)...

I feel it is unfair to judge this song on the basis of how 'romantically' it has been sung, because clearly the composition demanded a sad/depressing rendition. So I'll keep that in mind and give Richa a 7/10.
Edited by xobile - 13 years ago
Wow, too nasal for my liking. Richa Sharma was going off in some places, I guess she got carried off by the nasality of the song in some parts. Other than that, her singing was nothing special. I give her a 6!

hmm thought this was romantic song round, this sounds so depressing and loud, definitely not my definition of romance

anyways just after listening to alkaji and mahalaxmi, without much ado a 6/10 which in my mind is being very generous
Completely agree with xobile on this song!! Its full of lament; i cudnt find anything romantic in this ... in any sense!! Looked up the male singer ... of all ppl ... its Anand Raj Anand!!! Didnt like his singing at all! Richaji was ok enuff but there was nothing romantic in the song so cant really blame her for not sounding romantic enuff 😕... I want to give her a 7.5 for this ... still thinking if i should round it up or down  ... will think over and edit this post!!!
Edit: I really like her and dont want her to go on the basis of this song 😭 so i am rounding up her score to 8!
Edited by kiti_g - 13 years ago
I gave it a 7.

The song is utterly forgettable. Not from richa's voice point of view, but from the so called romantic effect.
She sang really well, so gave marks for her melody and singing, but in terms of conveying romance-its not her fault, the composition falls flat terribly, I mean I just virtually fell asleep wondering ke yeh kya baj raha hai.
If I was inside a theater, I would too fell asleep just forgetting about it.
And I am listening to this song for the first time.
Woohoo! So glad kiti_g came to our game
and liked my comment 😃

Hhhhmmmmm... unusual choice of song..haven't heard of it before..

The tone of the song was that of sadness or happiness.. I am confused.. The beginning of the singing done by Richa was in a sad powerful tone, but the lyrics seem quite 'lovey-dovey'! Anyways, as a listener, I was not able to connect with the emotion of the singing. The technical singing part was done well by Richa. She was really good while singing on the higher notes. However, the beats in the music made the song lose its romantic touch.

Talking about the feel, it was reasonably okay. Since, the emphasis is more on the romantic feel of the song in this round, which was not there for me in this song, so, I will allocate marks accordingly. Apologies to the fans of this song.

My marks for this performance will be 7 out of 10 because technically it has been sung well and the singer has tried to retain some expressions. So, the female singing is not bad, its okay.

Hmm. I don't know if this song really fit into the category of "romantic songs". But maybe it was the best choice for Richa ji. She lacked the romantic touch and feel in the song. Had this song been chose for another round she may have getting a higher rating from me. But for this particular round she lacked that romantic feel in the song.

However she did a fantastic job singing the song. She had excellent voice control. She def had the right expressions as well. The sad tone in her voice really set up the mood of the song!

So I'll give her a final rating of 7