https://soundx.mp3pk.com/indian/karam/5%28mp3pk.com%29.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Alisha Chinai
  • You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular
  • Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Edited by risingabove - 13 years ago
Posted: 13 years ago
Note:

After struggling the previous 2 rounds, Alisha looks for a strong comeback in this round with one of her finest performances!
Finally a great performance by the superb talented Alisha.

Her voice throw is superb, more open and sings with full feel and gusto. She could have been a bit better with the tempo both but the overall song selection is so good that it finally bought out the best in her voice. I liked her tone in "hai roshni se" wordings, reeking of attitude which is required.

Overall I would give her an 8 out of 10. I know she will do much better than that.😊

OT: BTW this song also reminded me of an amazing performance of the same song by shreyasi bhattarcharya in last years SRGMP Lil champs!
Out of her songs I've heard, this is definitely her all time best! Great work by Vishal-Shekhar - I love the minimalist sound (could have been slightly more minimalist actually!) and Alisha gets a chance to prove her worth here...

Time for my second listen...
This is def one of Alisha ji's better songs. The best? No, not quite. But def better than most. She sung it with so much ease and passion in her voice. If it lacked anything, it was the connectivity with the audience. I tried listening to this multiple times to get a fair evaluation of her singing. There was a lot of throw in her voice which is always a good thing for singers. She had a lot of voice modulation and variations added which created more of an effect to the song and her voice quality. There were places where I felt she didn't start off right, but then as the lines proceeded to got back on track. She tried to do her best to do full justice to the composition. Although there were places were improvements could have been made in her voice modulation.

Final rating: 7
A challenging song, because the signer must retain a mellow throw whilst keeping a firm grip on the high and low notes. Alisha treats this song with a lot of care, projecting her voice very softly and exposing a very fragile side to her voice quality. This makes it all the more harder to hold notes firmly, but she does it! I really enjoyed her high notes, which had a Western choral projection - overall her voice was very consistent and the singing was apt for the song.

What elevates this performance and the song even more is the emotion that Alisha has filled into her rendition - you can hear the melancholy and at times desperation in her voice. Very smooth, although I would have liked more rounded aakaar in some of her harkats. Really, she has outdone the song for which I'd like to give this performance an 8/10!
I don't know which one is sadder

CPR giving this a 7.
Or xobile calling this her All-Time best and then giving it an 8.

😕
Originally posted by ssk13809

I don't know which one is sadder

CPR giving this a 7.
Or xobile calling this her All-Time best and then giving it an 8.

😕

Kya karein, her all time best (from what I've heard of her!) is only an 8 when pitted against legends like in this competition.
Amazing rendition...The only song of Alisha's that I like and she was very good in this!!

especially the lines ' har dil mein armaan hote to hai, buss koi samjhe zara"

8 on 10 from me!!
Wonderful singing by Alisha!

Though I don't consider this her best, without a doubt this is one of her best. And I could definitely see why someone else would consider this her best. It really is great!

She has great voice quality throughout the song, great great feel and expressions. I mean, this song connects straight to your heart, which is the goal of every singer singing. And I think it's all the little things she does in this song to make it so great. The soft, yet with so much feel in her singing. Just every line, especially "Tinka Tinka", just seems perfectly pronounced and sung. It's really amazing actually. And yes as Sunshine mentioned, "Har Dil Mein Armaan Hotai To Hai", wonderful! She pays attention to the smallest of smallest details in this one, and this  is what makes the overall effect so great.

Besides for that, she has great voice quality, shows some great singing ability, I felt she could've shown a little more range in her higher sequences, otherwise, this was perfect.

Rating: 9/10

Edited by ssk13809 - 13 years ago