Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xobile thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: sunandshine

Ok, I understand...so for eg: if a 1-2 for an Alka song will be invalidated, coz its not expected to get low marks. In that case, for a low scoring song eg. that of Tulsi, where everyone scored her 4-6, will a high scoring 7/8 be invalidated too?

No no. The Vote Averaging System is the same for ALL singers and ALL rounds.
xobile thumbnail
Originally posted by: sunandshine

This is how even 'Reality show' functions..The producers claim that "They have a right to cancel any vote"πŸ˜› So even here the producers can choose what scores they want to take into consideration, I guessπŸ˜‰

Not in this game. The producer, risingabove, takes every vote into account. She puts it into a system which evens out the outliers and gives a representative score.

She has even given the details of this system to one of the judges (somone999), who can check at any time that the system is being followed fairly for all singers.

Nobody else knows how the system works. This way people who want to manipulate the system will not know what to do. That's why we call risingabove the evil genius. 😈
Edited by xobile - 13 years ago
xobile thumbnail
Originally posted by: xobile

No no. The Vote Averaging System is the same for ALL singers and ALL rounds.

And I must add that ALL votes are taken into account. Nothing is invalidated.
Illogical thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@xobile... perhaps, they did not want to put down their opinion, because they did not want to be picked on... (?)  i am just guessing, so don't hold this as a fact...

whoever gave it a 10 does not need to put down their comment, but whoever gave it a 2 does.. hmm.. the pendulum rises equally high in both directions... if you are going to ask the ones who are marking low to explain themselves, then it should be done with ones marking high too... to me, both should be treated the same...

yes, it has happened that the audience favorites win... that's competition, isn't it... you can't have equal number of fans for everyone, can you... one has to eliminated anyways, even if they are all great singers... and just because they are eliminated, does not mean they were not good... depends on the song selection... isn't it... :)

thanks for your pm... i wasn't questioning the judgement or accusing... however, i don't think that people's opinions or votes should be disregarded just because of suspicions... if you are going to be suspicious of low scores, then do that with the high scores as well... it's good to know that all the votes are treated equally for the audience vote... that sounds fair to me...  :)
Edited by Illogical - 13 years ago
xobile thumbnail
Originally posted by: Illogical

@xobile...

(1)perhaps, they did not want to put down their opinion, because they did not want to be picked on... (?)  i am just guessing, so don't hold this as a fact...

whoever gave it a 10 does not need to put down their comment, but whoever gave it a 2 does.. hmm.. the pendulum rises equally high in both directions... if you are going to ask the ones who are marking low to explain themselves, then it should be done with ones marking high too... to me, both should be treated the same...

(2) yes, it has happened that the audience favorites win... that's competition, isn't it... you can't have equal number of fans for everyone, can you... one has to eliminated anyways, even if they are all great singers... and just because they are eliminated, does not mean they were not good... depends on the song selection... isn't it... :)

(3) thanks for your pm... i wasn't questioning the judgement or accusing... however, i don't think that people's opinions or votes should be disregarded just because of suspicions... if you are going to be suspicious of low scores, then do that with the high scores as well... it's good to know that all the votes are treated equally for the audience vote... that sounds fair to me...  :)

My response:

(1) Firstly, it is no rule of the game that low-markers should identify themselves. They can if they want to. Of course, people may be offended by low scores and may ask for explanations. As long as it is done respectfully, I'm OK with it. I repeat it is upto the members/posters to ask for explanations - it is no requirement of the game.

Secondly, people DO ask for explanations for high scores, too. I remember questioning people when they gave Himesh Reshammiya 9's and 10's in an earlier edition of this game. I thought it was a ridiculously high score. So I said it....

Point to note: ALL SCORES ARE FINE. It is part of the game. But then, ALL QUESTIONS ARE FINE, too (as long as they are respectful) coz even that is part of the game.

(2) Completely agree 😊

(3) Great! πŸ˜ƒ
Illogical thumbnail
you know, i only posted because i felt my opinion was being questioned, otherwise, i wouldn't even have posted...

i agree... asking for an explanation is not wrong, but should be done without accusations... won't be fun if we have no debates... :)

xobile thumbnail
^^ Cool!

So to conclude, the rules will not change. LOL

But yeah, if anyone give Alka Yagnik any less than 4 for 'Tu Muskura', I'd like an explanation for sure!
kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

I wanted to stay out of this thread ...But slowly this thread is turning unpleasant...

@Illogical...xobile and Shreyacool didn't mean any harm...what they meant was, when one is marking a song of a established singer 2, 3 ..thus giving the singer below average rating they could explain why they r doing so....

there is no harm being biased..many gave 9 and 10 ratings to the singers in 1st round ...May be they were biased towards some...though I try  to be as neutral as possible but sometimes I just can't help thinking  every song of a certain singer sounds like magic!!!!!!!!!!!!....There is nothing wrong in it ...We are humans ..sometimes we do favor ...BUT...one must have a guts to say ..O.K I hate this singer's rendition ..and explain in few lines why he/she thinks so ...u have 2 days to write those few lines ....rate  her   2, 1, whatever......so that if In future somebody quotes that person ...he could say ' I have explained why I think so" ...I myself would support such statement ......

Instead people are pressing a random button .....actually I am not that much against giving low marks to Alisha's song but am surprised to see Alkaji's beautiful rendition met with the same fate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😲 ...I didn't witness this much disparity while voting for the 1st round ..... That's why I was pretty excited about this contest at 1st.....Please be co-operative .... ..Risingabove and some others are working very hard to put together such a wonderful contest which is all for sake of fun..they r volunteers and r getting nothing in return ...let's not discourage them .....

don't take it so seriously...we come here to chill out  from our daily hectic schedule and exchange our views  on musical shows albeit light heartedly ....

@ Dii.....Dii this contest is just for fun...we know we r in no position to judge these singers ...we r merely giving our opinions ..after all it is us junta who made them what they r today...They can digest a little criticism from usπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†...They r not going to know what we think about their renditions ..neither would it create any dent on their popularities ....This is all for fun.... and I think risingabove and the judges r doing a wonderful job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just my 2 cents.....πŸ˜›

Edited by kuhu.kuhu - 13 years ago
xobile thumbnail
@kuhu kuhu: Absolutely right in every respect!

The rules have been developed by risingabove after much deliberation and there is no need to change them. I have a feeling that Illogical is satisfied with the rules, too. So no problem there!

Please feel free to do as you wish. It'd be great if you could vote and comment. But it's fine if you just vote. Or just listen to the song without doing anything. Or just look at Alisha Chinoy's photo on the first page and go off!

You are also free to ask for explanations from others. My advice would be that just be kind, considerate and non accusatory!

The greats are most likely not going to see us rating them. So why not listen to their songs, discuss, have fun and rate? There's no harm to be done!
Illogical thumbnail
if alisha does make it to the next round, i hope that they give her a good song... so far, seems like a tough competition... :P

Edited by Illogical - 13 years ago