Indian Idol 6

Round 2: Alisha Chinai - Page 3

Poll

Performance Rating

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Hunk101 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I have used as simple language as I could but I cant help it if u couldnt understand!
I am answering all your points:

1) I have never said people should not to give their opinion. You give her as much marks you want to thats not my concern. I had only requested risingabove to not to keep ratings below 4, as there are people who might be donot like a singer & therefore give 1 or 2 points without listening to their songs. 1s & 2s are an insult to a well established singer. And I didnt say it for particular singer or only my favourites but I said in general for all 12 singers participating.

2) People surely have their own reasons, i havent said anything to anyone.

3) You are saying that people giving 1s & 2s or high marks need not give their reasons. If thats the case then there are few people who will keep creating fake ids & vote high for their favourite & vote low for the singer they dont like. And risingabove had also requested everyone to post their comments along with votes so that it is helpul in judging. How would the judges come to know the authenticity of the poll if people donot comment in the thread?

4) I have felt insulted with your last point. I had not questioned  anybodys judgement & only made a humble request to risingabove so that we all will have a authentic & proper poll.
I suspect you being a newbie. Next time when you insult I would appreciate if you do it with your original id.

I think I agree with your first 3 points. There should be authentic poll voting for all singers, so that we get a good result. Where your last point is concerned, I feel there are so many newbies, you cant really suspect who is who. And afterall all these goldies, moderators or seniors were once upon a time a newbie.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Look at the bright side of this poll....somebody needs to hit the 1 button...voila...this poll creates a record in the history of IF polls ( presumably)..........................

πŸ˜†
xobile thumbnail
@shreyacool and illogical

Both of you are right.

Illogical is saying that everyone has their opinion of how well the song was sung. So they should be allowed to vote for that score. There is no need to say that one particular score is 'right' and others are 'wrong'. And there is no point in a minimum score of 4 or 5. Because then we can just pretend that the scale rigth now is from 10 to 20 - that way nobody gets a score of 1 or 2!

Shreyacool is also right. She has no problem with anybody giving a score that they honestly believe in. The only problem is that some people give 10/10 to their favourite singer and 1/10 to everyone else, in order to manipulate the system. They get away with it because the poll is anonymous.

@everyone - giving scores that are extremely low (just to manipulate the system) and not identifying yourself in the thread will render your tactics unsuccessful. So don't do it. Identify yourself when giving your score.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Shreyacool

All members should vote as they like, their wish, but thats not what I am pointing out. But there are a few people who purposely rate the song very low without even listening to it.

I am sure there is a reason for it...
I have mostly seen people who give above 5 give their comments & reasons in the thread, but the people who give 1s & 2s & 3s never give their views & comments or reasons for it. Which i guess means they are voting low just to bring the singers average score down.

I agree most who give low score might not be making comments...Wonder why someone would vote w/o listening?  Not fair than na....Oh well...can't control what everyone does here...

Yesterday I voted on almost all but barely made comments on 2....Not B/C I was rating them low but I have rated them 7 & 8 with no comments...I know u r not talking abt me but I am giving you just my example...Same goes for clicking "Like" w/o making a post...I am silent reader at times when I am short of time so dont post...😳

Actually I am not in favor of judging established singers...I dont think I am qualified to judge most of these singers....If they were singing w/o manippulation of their voice, sur etc with latest technology than I can say I would atleast love listening to their natural singing...But most songs are fixed by MDs to make them sound well...Atleast these days technology plays huge role...
Edited by Dabulls23 - 13 years ago
sunandshine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Occassionally when I am bored of posting comments, I generally click "like" buttons. Similarly it may happen that I might not have the time/mood to post a comment, at that time I may only click on the vote (although, I think I have commented when I have voted), would that invalidate my vote
xobile thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sunandshine

Occassionally when I am bored of posting comments, I generally click "like" buttons. Similarly it may happen that I might not have the time/mood to post a comment, at that time I may only click on the vote (although, I think I have commented when I have voted), would that invalidate my vote

Hehe dont worry. Technically, it is expected that the scores given are high, because competitive songs are chosen for all the singers. But if you give a low score, you ought to post a comment to make sure risingabove doesn't think it's just a manipulative score.

PM risingabove for further clarification. 😊
Illogical thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ xobile...

if there is a low mark, there is also a 10 and a 9... to me, those are also heavily biased votes... but you don't see me going around accusing others of marking their favourites high just so they can have them remain in the running longer...

when there are people who are being blatantly biased and giving such high marks to mediocre singing, then you can't just pick on the ones who are rating it low... ideally, i don't see why anyone should be picking on others for marking low or high...

to me, manipulation works for all celebrities and essentially cancels out, in the long run... besides, we also have the judges score and other people's votes... so one or two votes won't really make that big of a difference... if there were a lot of people who had rated this 1 or 2, then yes, i could understand the suspicions... but for one or two votes, this seems like an over reaction...

even i had voted for the first round, but honestly, i can't be bothered to put down too many comments... i think i have the right to post and not post, as per my mood, right...?  the lowest score i have given out is a 4, but still... i don't think it should be obligatory or mandatory...!!
Edited by Illogical - 13 years ago
sunandshine thumbnail
Ok, I understand...so for eg: if a 1-2 for an Alka song will be invalidated, coz its not expected to get low marks. In that case, for a low scoring song eg. that of Tulsi, where everyone scored her 4-6, will a high scoring 7/8 be invalidated too?
sunandshine thumbnail
This is how even 'Reality show' functions..The producers claim that "They have a right to cancel any vote"πŸ˜› So even here the producers can choose what scores they want to take into consideration, I guessπŸ˜‰
xobile thumbnail
@ xobile...

if there is a low mark, there is also a 10 and a 9... to me, those are also heavily biased votes... but you don't see me going around accusing others of marking their favourites high just so they can have them remain in the running longer... Well that happens too. People do go around giving their favourites full marks to make them win. And that's wrong too.

when there are people who are being blatantly biased and giving such high marks to mediocre singing, then you can't just pick on the ones who are rating it low... I completely agree.

ideally, i don't see why anyone should be picking on others for marking low or high... If somebody thinks that 2/10 is a ridiculous score then they have the right to ask whoever voted for that score to tell us all why. Once that person has given their reason, then they shouldnt be picked on for giving their score. But if you disagree with something and want an explanation (without accusation) then why not?

to me, manipulation works for all celebrities and essentially cancels out, in the long run... This is not true. There are often audience favourites who win because of their huge support.

besides, we also have the judges score and other people's votes... so one or two votes won't really make that big of a difference... if there were a lot of people who had rated this 1 or 2, then yes, i could understand the suspicions... but for one or two votes, this seems like an over reaction... I agree. At the end of the day, we have judges and a sensible audience (other than a few manipulators, if any) to vote. The Vote Averaging System also helps smooth out any problems. There is no need to change the rules or system IMO.

even i had voted for the first round, but honestly, i can't be bothered to put down too many comments... i think i have the right to post and not post, as per my mood, right...?  Absolutely right.

the lowest score i have given out is a 4, but still... i don't think it should be obligatory or mandatory...!! It's not obligatory or mandatory. You can vote as you wish. You can comment as you wish. Nothing is forced. Just feel free to discuss when you want and to vote how you want. But please don't be biased/prejudiced.  πŸ˜ƒ

Hope that helped. And I hope risingabove reads this and amends as she deems fit. She is the producer and rulemakers after all! 😊