Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Shreyacool

Its quite sad to see singers like alisha getting 2 or 3 from some people, I know the song isnt that good, but it shouldnt get such low score also. It is my request to risingabove, please donot conduct the poll 10-1, instead do it 10-5 or might be 10-4. Because I feel all of the singers are well established & donot deserve to get below 5. People giving 1s & 2s & 3s, means it is an insult to a talented singer.

Don't worry. The Average Audience Score Computer I use deals with this odd low scores. They are still counted though. But trust me, everything is as fair as possible with my Avg. Audience Score computer. Only someone999 knows how it exactly works. But things go well.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Well if a poll is created for all members to vote...People will vote according to their subective hearing, knowledge,experience and likes...No one should question someone's response....

No one gives her low rating just for the heck...I am sure there is a reason for it...Than again judges will be voting too and the average between this poll and judges votes too...So it is all cewl...There should not be any issues...

My 2 cents..
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Honestly, I have been liberal, very liberal in giving her a 6 just because of the effort that she had to put to save a sinking ship. Honestly, this is what I would call a waste of talent. Alisha is a superb singer and her throw of voice is one that deserves  much, much better tracks. Not this one.
She tries her best, but falls flat in virtually every area. I mean, its just a song that comes, goes and nobody even not have noticed it..sad!  This track would have worked in 1970s, not today.

She is one underrated singer who's true potential is not yet being exploited in the right manner. She needs just the right composers because she can bring something "different" to playback singing with her unique mezzo voice.

This is my POV, a bit harsh, hope that her fans are not disappointed.
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Well if a poll is created for all members to vote...People will vote according to their subective hearing, knowledge,experience and likes...No one should question someone's response....

No one gives her low rating just for the heck...I am sure there is a reason for it...Than again judges will be voting too and the average between this poll and judges votes too...So it is all cewl...There should not be any issues...

My 2 cents..

All members should vote as they like, their wish, but thats not what I am pointing out. But there are a few people who purposely rate the song very low without even listening to it.

I am sure there is a reason for it...
I have mostly seen people who give above 5 give their comments & reasons in the thread, but the people who give 1s & 2s & 3s never give their views & comments or reasons for it. Which i guess means they are voting low just to bring the singers average score down.

somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hhhmmmm.. an up-beat song. Let's see now..

The starting is awful; the electronic effect tries to cover it up, but weakens the impact. The singing goes on flat, no as such difficulty in singing. The music is catchy that is one of the reason of its popularity. Otherwise, there is nothing worth admiring in the singing except the fact that the expressions are fairly apt with the situation of the song.

I would have given it a 4, but will give an extra mark for the naughty expression introduced in this song by Alisha, which was of course, quite appropriate. So, my score for this song sums up to be 5 out of 10.

Illogical thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
this is a disappointing song from Alisha... if it was another song (like tinka tinka), it would surely have gotten better votes...

for me, it doesn't merit anything over 4 out of 10... average singing would get a 5, but this is less than average... it has nothing to do with whether alisha is a great singer or not, but only for this particular song... she seems disinterested herself... it should sound seductive, but the feeling is lost somewhere in the song.. the only salvaging factor is the fast pace and the music...

this is merely 'my' opinion of her song.. so fans need not take so much offense whether their favorite is getting less marks... those who have marked it low must have had their reasons.. it is not necessary that they put down their opinions and reasons for their low or high marks.. :)

also, as risingabove said, they have a fair system to account for the votes... if you want audience to also vote, you have to consider that not everyone has got to like, and similarly, not everyone need to dislike... please respect the views of others too, whether they coincide with yours or not.. :)
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Illogical

this is a disappointing song from Alisha... if it was another song (like tinka tinka), it would surely have gotten better votes...

for me, it doesn't merit anything over 4 out of 10... average singing would get a 5, but this is less than average... it has nothing to do with whether alisha is a great singer or not, but only for this particular song... she seems disinterested herself... it should sound seductive, but the feeling is lost somewhere in the song.. the only salvaging factor is the fast pace and the music...

1)  this is merely 'my' opinion of her song.. so fans need not take so much offense whether their favorite is getting less marks...

2)those who have marked it low must have had their reasons..

3)it is not necessary that they put down their opinions and reasons for their low or high marks.. :)

also, as risingabove said, they have a fair system to account for the votes... if you want audience to also vote, you have to consider that not everyone has got to like, and similarly, not everyone need to dislike...

4) please respect the views of others too, whether they coincide with yours or not.. :)

I have used as simple language as I could but I cant help it if u couldnt understand!
I am answering all your points:
1) I have never said people should not to give their opinion. You give her as much marks you want to thats not my concern. I had only requested risingabove to not to keep ratings below 4, as there are people who might be donot like a singer & therefore give 1 or 2 points without listening to their songs. 1s & 2s are an insult to a well established singer. And I didnt say it for particular singer or only my favourites but I said in general for all 12 singers participating.

2) People surely have their own reasons, i havent said anything to anyone.

3) You are saying that people giving 1s & 2s or high marks need not give their reasons. If thats the case then there are few people who will keep creating fake ids & vote high for their favourite & vote low for the singer they dont like. And risingabove had also requested everyone to post their comments along with votes so that it is helpul in judging. How would the judges come to know the authenticity of the poll if people donot comment in the thread?

4) I have felt insulted with your last point. I had not questioned  anybodys judgement & only made a humble request to risingabove so that we all will have a authentic & proper poll.
I suspect you being a newbie. Next time when you insult I would appreciate if you do it with your original id.

Edited by Shreyacool - 13 years ago
Illogical thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Shreyacool, there is no reason to read so much into my post and make implications which were not even implied...

so since i am a newbie, you are suspecting me... just because others have joined earlier than me, they are more 'genuine'... wow, what logic...

kindly, respect my opinion as mine, instead of trying to feel insulted and throwing accusations around...

i was not going to post my thoughts (my wish), but seeing the comments, i thought i will... so you see, you can't just accuse others with your own assumption that others have not even heard the song and they are marking it low just to bring down the score... remember, when you are pointing a finger at someone, four fingers point towards youself..! 
Edited by Illogical - 13 years ago
sunandshine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well, all Newbies are not 'fake IDs' and everyone who is a Dazzler/Rocker now, was a Newbie once.
risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow wide variety of poll votes 😆