Poll Choice
Login To Vote
risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Alisha Chinai

Song:
Made in India
https://sound14.mp3pk.com/pop_remix/alisha_madeinindia/madeinindia01%28www.songs.pk%29.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Alisha Chinai
  • You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular
  • Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Edited by risingabove - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Note:

Though this wasn't exactly her debut in Bollywood, it was how she got her name in Bollywood. This was from her album, a huge hit, and she became known and popular across the bollywood industry with this.
xobile thumbnail
Nice, catchy pop number by Biddu. Alisha has a great voice that's perfect for the teasing nature of the song. She doesn't display great range or impressive control. She does well with what she has, but then the song doesn't place much demand on the singer's vocals. But her attitude and voice make it a 6/10 for me!
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I liked the tune or the melody....the singer was also trying to give her best by adding the tease, as xobile said, but what I found missing was the life. It felt almost lifeless, but the singer tried her best! Also, it looked like the track and the singer were not on the same page, they were sometimes overlapping each other, sometimes coming back to normal, and then the whole thing all over again. Anyways, it's a 7 from me!
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
First of all I love this song. And I don't intend to hurt Alisha ji, her fans, and her masters in any way. My apologizes if I do!

I love her voice! I think it has a different feel to it, compared to others. She def has that tempo in her voice. She sings with passion from what I hear in this song.  Is her best? Def not. I see a lot of places that she could have improved in to make the overall quality of her singing better. But this isn't her worst either. Some places I felt she went off tone and ruined the feel of the song. But for the most part she was great!

Taking everything into consideration, I've come up with a final rating of 7!
simi_1 thumbnail

one of my favorite sweet  voices, and love the very subtle flattery in her singing and loved the simple beat to this pop song

felt like some of the notes were ended in a hurry sounded more like half notes, for instance when she sings ek saathiya ek desiya, chandi nahi, sona .. just my thoughts

so 6.5 would be perfect , guess will round it to 7
kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Well ..I am not fond of this song at all...ya it was a craze once like many soul less  popular songs ...but there is nothing to talk about this song ...and what Alisha did was ...I should call average ...She has a husky different voice which is much polished now ... and she brings the khanak that was missing  then...

So I will rate her song a..........6
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Solid singing by Alisha in the opening round.

She overall had some good voice quality. But I think her voice quality is much better today. I also think her total singing ability is just higher today too. Though she did have some nice harkats, and complimented the rthym very well. But overall, it was just above average due to an above average voice quality and singing well with the beat.

Rating: 6/10

esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I personally felt bad today because I gave her a 7, usually anything less than an 8 could be a no-no for me because we all know its not easy to become a singer as it sounds.
Anyway, I have been a bit liberal and gave it a 7 jut on the combination of voice and the hit factor that that song had in the mid 90s when indipop was doing decent business.

But listening to the song and then listening to her another superhit-kajra re is as good to compare as chalk is to cheese. (Yes I listened to both one after the another in bowers and wilkins) and at her made in India song, the voice quality, though amazing no doubt, could have been better because her potential is not fully realised in this track. It feels laboured  as she approaches the high notes in this one. Moreover, the rhythm is pretty slow paced and often sounds strained.

now, if I add the kajra re to the analysis, her voice sounds more matured and open and she sings with ease which to me is a very important factor.

Alisha is one singer who I still feel is  underrated and her talent is not being realised to her full potential. She deserves to sing more and needs someone who can give songs where she excels in open voice at high notes, because this is one of her strongest points.
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
For this song I would have definitely given a 10 as I remember when I was in first standard how much I used to love this song of alisha & specially the video also. But as of now I have to judge the singing in these song, I feel there were a few places in the song which were not properly done but overall she did a pretty well job. So as of now I am giving her an 8.