birwa(Hritu Dudani) in ad with ranbir n Deepika

xxdesigulxx thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
birwa(Hritu Dudani) in ad with ranbir n Deepika

link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6W_JdF9Jg&feature=related

article:

Ever since she appeared in the Pepsi ad with Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone, Hritu Dudani's career has been moving at a steady speed. While several print ads and TV commercials for top brands like Lux, LG and ICICI made her a known face, 'Chehra' gave her an identity as an actress. Hritu proved her acting prowess in the serial, playing a handicapped girl called Bandini. 

In an uncanny coincidence, the title of her latest serial on air is, 'Bandini.' In her role as Birwa, Hritu's performance has once again caught the attention of the viewers. A brief chat with the promising actor:

How did you get into showbiz?

When in college, I had read a news report about the Miss Mumbai contest. Just for some fun, I sent some of my photographs for selection. They were ordinary pictures, without any make up or anything. And to my surprise, I was selected. Not only that, I also won one of the sub-titles in the competition. After I completed my engineering, there was a year's gap. 

So I took part in the Glad Rags Mega Model contest. Then, after I completed my MBA, I decided to try my luck as an actress and began going for auditions. During the audition for the Pepsi ad with Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika (Padukone), I was selected out of 150 candidates.

How was it shooting with Ranbir and Deepika?

It was a learning experience. I was completely raw. I didn't know anything about camera angles and other technicalities of shooting. But Ranbir was very understanding. He was doing 'Bachna Ai Haseenon' at that time. I was in awe of him. But he came and introduced himself, saying, "I'm Ranbir Kapoor." And I said, "Of course, I know you. Who doesn't?" That little chat helped me relax and focus on my work.

We have also heard that Ranbir had saved you from a serious injury during the shoot. Is it true?

What had actually happened was that in between the shots when I was sitting, a light was about to fall directly over from behind. Both Imtiaz (Ali, director) and Ranbir screamed at the top of their voices, alerting me. I moved away just in the nick of time.

And how did you get the role in the serial, 'Chehra'?

After completing my education, I had given myself just six months to try my luck in showbiz. My final 10-15 auditions had already been done. I had decided that the audition for 'Chehra' would be my last one and if nothing happened, I would not give anymore auditions. But fortunately, this was the one which gave me first break as an actress. Otherwise, I'd have been in some other profession.  

Do you think TV serials are becoming regressive now?

I don't think serials are becoming regressive at all. I believe that what they are showing these days is the reality, especially in the interiors of the country. More and more serials are trying to make the urban audience aware of reality. For instance, the serial which I'm doing, 'Bandini', has talked about woman trafficking, which is a very real issue.

What is your dream role?  

My dream role would be something similar to the one Aishwarya Rai played in 'Hum Dil Chuke Sanam.' It had such a huge scope for an actress with the character first shown as a mischievous girl full of life and then transforming into a mature woman. Even in the serial, 'Chehra,' playing the handicapped girl was great for me as an actress. I would love to do that kind of a role again.

Are you satisfied with the serials coming your way or is TV just a stepping stone to films?

No actor is completely satisfied with what they get. One is always looking for new challenges, better opportunities. But TV is not 'just a stepping stone to films' as you say. Both are great platforms for an actor to show her skills. Of course, as an actor, I do hope to do some good work in films too. One has to think of long term goals too.

So have there been any offers from Bollywood yet?

Yes, I will soon be doing a film. But I can't give you the details just yet. As of now, Bandini is taking up most of my time.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Really, it was her😲 didnt know that... good for her..

Thanks for sharing the article and the link😳
Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow, seems like she is very smart.  She has degree in engineering and MBA .  

Thanks for the link.  She was only shown for seconds, but still good that she got so many offers.
Shahara3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
She is a very smart woman, knows what she wants and goes for it πŸ‘ she seems to be doing well all the best Hritu.
4U2NV thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

you could barely see her...

pyar-ishk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the article

All the best Hritu
ramsha_002 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
thnxx 4 link....gud goin gal.....keep it up!!!!!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
nikita_88 thumbnail
Thanks All the best to her!
anna44 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the article....

all the best to Hritu...

I did like her as Bandini in Chehra but not liking the character of Birwa (i guess i am having a hard time to digest her negative role after appreciating and liking positive role)
yllscin thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
dude she is one bad girl... πŸ‘
engineering and MBA... thats kick ass!!

i really like her voice and her speech and her words pronunciations (its very clear and sophisticated)... even though it irritates me to hear her talk in Bandini and i feel like shoving rocks into her mouth... but that's just how we all feel about Birwa, right?? πŸ˜†

Keep it up Hirtu.. πŸ˜‰

Edited by yllscin - 13 years ago