10- Best
5- Average
1- Worst
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
Vasundhara Das

Song:
Rabba Rabba
https://banglamusicmp3.com/modules/music/music/Hindi_Movie_Song/Aks/Rabba%20Rabba.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Vasundhara Das
  • You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular
  • Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Note:

This was not really her debut song. But it was her first breakthrough where she made her career singing.
The spark was there but it faded off a bit, it was like on and off. She didn't live upto the potential that she has in her voice. I give her a 7.
Average singing by Vasundhara. I am not very impressed with her voice in this particular song. I rate her 6
First of all my sincere respect to Vasundhara ji, all her fans, and all those that have trained her in the past and made her who she is today. I do not mean to offend anyone with my ratings. And honestly I am no one to rate her, yet since this is a fun game I will do so.

She did a decent job with the singing, but def not the best. I know that she can do much better. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't at a 7-9 level rating wise. She def knows a lot about raag, sargam, and taal, but she needed to utilize it more. I found Sukhwinder overshadowing her in this song! But she does a good job stretching her voice!

Taking everything in consideration, I've come up with a final rating of 6.5 but since that's not an option....a 6!
A great song - deserves a place in the Anu Malik appreciation thread in my opinion! Particular credit goes to Ranjit Barot for awesome arrangements - he really played as big a part as Anu in making the 'Aks' album so new age and well ahead of its time.

Vasundhara's singing is very good. It is above average because her voice, with its unique texture, can always add a new dimension to any song and make it stand out from the other tracks sung by sugary sweet female voices. And I did like her open-mouthed humming portions, although they were quite obviously layered with many effects, courtesy Mr Barot. Her throw is almost guttural and very apt for this song. I thought she could have done more with the 'Saari duniya ke hain sangi' line, but anyhoo...

I'm torn between 6 and 7, but ultimately her portions were quite simple so it has to be a 6, unfortunately.
Giving her the benefit of doubt...a 7 from me 😃

Very well sung by vasundhara, a lovely husky voice

torn between a 7 or 8, will come back to this after i listen to other songs
Rated 6, because I am so used to her voice in "o rey chhori" track in lagaan. The song was not "my types", meaning it was a bit too noisy for my taste. My POV only.
Vasundhara fails to deliver here...The effort is sooo apparently visible and still does not have the desired impact...There is a stark difference in the song as it shifts from the male voice to the female one...the energy, the zeal...just dies!!

Vasundhara has done much better work and gets a 6 from me here....