Dill Mill Gaye

Only a fool will rely on TV- Pankit Thakker

shabanabanu115 thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Television is more of a profession than a passion. It's a means to earn your daily livelihood. That's why it is often referred to as the middle class man's medium. Money earned here is through sheer labor and unlike Bollywood; the life of a TV actor is often limited to one or two shows. That's why it's imperative that a TV actor spends his/her money wisely.

Seconding this theory is actor Pankit Thakker, better known as Dr. Atul Joshi, who has just recently stepped out of Dill Mill Gayye. Son of a stock broker, Thakker certainly knows where to put his money. 

Thakker reveals, "My father is a stock broker. I know the kind of efforts that he has put in to become the man he is today. I've only carried the legacy. Through these years, I've earned money from TV but have invested it wisely. Now that I'm free, I'm devoting time to the family business."

Thakker further tells us, "TV is an insecure medium. The name, fame, and money exist only till your show lasts. You can never be sure when you'll get the next project in hand. Only a fool can rely on television. Thus it's important that, you make hay when the sun is shining. Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of TV actors who have no work today, commuting in auto rickshaws, running from pillar to post to just get a job. I'd promised to myself from the start that I would never let this happen to me."

Those are fine words of wisdom indeed from Thakker. Any actor in a quandary over how to utilize his/her money should definitely consult Thakker, the Broker.

Chuckling at his new found title, Thakker talks about his principal job, "After grinding it out in Dill Mill Gayye, money is no longer the motivation for me to choose a show. There are a few offers but I'm going to pick the one which offers me creative satisfaction."

That's a clichd line whenever an actor goes on a so-called break, but hey, our boy certainly will never have to travel in auto rickshaws. After all, he's made a fortune that will see him ride through many a rough season.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dhw@ni thumbnail

He is still upset over Atul's track ending so abruptly.. :( :(

Pankit.. You deserve better.. You really do.. ! :) )

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Even the business of Stock Broker or any other business is uncertain too :P

Anyways, nice article.. Thanks for that :D Miss Atul hehe..
-Miya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Aww luvv Pankit..want him back as Atul but CVs 😡 grrrr! he's still upset over the abrupt end to his role 😭 even i am

Anyways i'm glad he's choosing his roles carefully and hope to see him back on TV soon 😃

Awesome and honest answers Mr. Broker aka Pankit Thakker
qazplm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Awww...I miss this man so much...he was the jaan of the show😳 Wish he returns back to DMG for his bhai😭
Jaysean thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I miss him- he was so fun..hope CV's bring him back and yes he seems cut from his exit from the show- I dont like CV's for doing that...but still...hope to see Pankit in a new show😊
Edited by Jaysean - 14 years ago
Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
We so miss the old team and want them back.
-Anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Miss you Pankit may you achieve great success wherever you go 😃
sjain thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
nice ..miss u pankit ..and hope to see u back in this show!!
eveline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

It was nice to know what he is up to nowadays !!!! And am glad that he is smart enuff not to rely on show biz too mcuh..

Wish things were different Atul, wish  a lot of things were different !! Miss ya !!