HATSoFF is wasting time in making mainstream shows

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=6674

Guys , read this article posted on India Forums ..It looks like Hats off is going to produce this serial which to me looks like an extension of what they did in Shree and Behnein ..I think Hatsoff is wasting its time in producing shows like these ... They should focus on bringing second season of SvS ... and creating more slice of life shows like Baa Bahu aur baby , sukh by chance , remote control.. They should do like one show at a time because the quality suffers when you have 5 shows on air like it happened in 2008 when they launch ek packed umeed,remote control,jassuben etc.If they had concentrated one show at a time , let us say just jassuben  ..it had the potential of becoming an even bigger hit then it was but because Aatish and JD were stretched out thin , none of the shows came out as good as Sarabhai and Baa Bahu aur Baby ...

And they should stop trying to produce mainstream shows like Behnein .. because unnke Mainstream serial na yaahaan ke hote hain na wahaan ke .. Mainstream serials like special effects and fast pace story which they dont do .. Behnein is not doing good at all and it is so predictable... I am a big fan of hatsoff but I cannot watch that serial at all...

I think HATsoff  USP is their brand of slice of life serials like sukh by chance and baabahu baby and they should concenterate on them only ...

What do you say ..Please do comment ..
Edited by birju4baby - 14 years ago
yeah agree, Hatsoff attracted me because it was different. they did good for very very long. but the problem is clearly defind by JD. i read an interview a month back where he's talking about behnein and why he is going away from his usual genre, he said that there are too many copycats right now. he's 100% right. when baa bahu started, there was nothing like it, K-serials were ruling the screens, but now EVERY CHANNEL has shows like these, but the main point is that they *try* to be like JD & Aatish, but they can not reach it ever. This is what i really hate, they started this and then everyone's following them, that's just not fair. so we can't blame JD & Aatish for this.

but they should simply consider this, whatever they do they're better at it. there are 100s of so-called "comedy" shows today, yet we go back to watch Khichdi & Sarabhai again and again, that speaks for itself. there are 100s of dramas (which I bloody hate, can't stand them), yet i'd rather watch old episodes of bbb again and again. there are very few good programs out there, very few. so they should bring back SVS & Instant Khichdi, & Baa bahu too, just bring praveena and leela back and remove gudia, we promise we will never ask for an explation about this. call it bbb v2.0. and i promise Hatsoff will gain it's place again.
i agree that hats off have to concentrate on shows like SvS and Baa bahu aur baby...
but are these kind of shows given importance by the channels...
i dont think so...all the top channels give  importance only to mainstream serials....
i hope there is one channel that gives due importance to serials like baa bahu aur baby..it will be great hit in the prime slot among all those rona dhona serials...
I read that interview of JD too .. and I did not believe in it .he says everyone has started copying their slice of life shows like baa bahu aur baby,khichdi and sarabhai ..Give me name of one show which is even in the same league as Baa Bahu aur baby ..
@Shweta -- I have been saying this for so long that give BBB a chance at prime time ..It will knock competition out ... because BBB has everything drama,beautiful people and comedy ...
Originally posted by birju4baby

I read that interview of JD too .. and I did not believe in it .he says everyone has started copying their slice of life shows like baa bahu aur baby,khichdi and sarabhai ..Give me name of one show which is even in the same league as Baa Bahu aur baby ..
@Shweta -- I have been saying this for so long that give BBB a chance at prime time ..It will knock competition out ... because BBB has everything drama,beautiful people and comedy ...
i dont knw why they din try...it will be a huge hit because it will create a different feeling altogether while watching it...instead of all the serious issues based shows coming nowadays...i think sabtv is trrying something like that...but as usual no publicity so no one is watcing..
I think JD has started thinking that shows only like Shree and behenein work...but behenein is not getting good ratings anymore that a show at that timeslot should get (only 1.8)
I think this will be a lesson for hats off. Star will scrap behenein as soon as contract gets over., just as they did to BBB.

People just don't value such shows like Baa. Take for example, my own family. They will get so frustrated watching zulim done on one character, but will continue to enjoy the show ji. It is sad, but it's a reality. Indian shows prosper on showing saas-bahu stuff.

Realistic shows don't seem to entertain as much does marrying multiple times and still getting forgiven.
Actually they are attaching importance only to the commercial aspect, quality no longer matters for them.
HatsOff Production does not realize that it is their shows like Baa Bahu Baby,Khichdi,SvS , that people will remember for a long long time ... and not behnein,Shree ... Viewers will watch those episodes over and over again ..
Baa Bahu Baby,Khichdi,Instant Khicdi will be remembered as classics of Indian television and will be mentioned in the same way like Buniyaad ,Humlog ..  .. they should concenterate on creating one show like Baa Bahu Baby at a time and people will remember it for ages ..I think now would have been the perfect time to launch Jassuben ..

Posted: 13 years ago
In my opinion SAB TV is best place for Hats off..The shows on sab get almost same TRPs that BBB used to get and they are not scrapped. I am liking Sajan Re jhooth mat bolo....It appears to be a hats off show! Same background tunes..same comic touch and even same gujju touch; some actors from this show have also worked with hats off before.
Even Taarak mehta is not bad..watched an episode recently, although it was not funny, but yes i enjoyed it.
And I think Mr. and Mrs. Sharma Allahabad wale will be good too..promos are simply amazing.
Have a look:
Mr and Mrs sharma Promo

Only Sab tv is showing quality content these days.
If you want to watch Sajan re jhooth mat bolo from starting, you can watch it on youtube, I am posting some promos:
sajan re...
sajan re..2
sajan re..3
The initial episodes are not that good, but the show picked standards comparable to (some)hats off shows in a month..Edited by instantkhichdi - 13 years ago