Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Abhinav Shukla, the Punjabi hero - Article

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
Abhinav Shukla, the Punjabi hero

Abhinav Shukla will not find it difficult to play the Punjabi hero, Dev, in STAR One's Geet – Hui Sabse Parayee. This is because Abhinav is Punjabi himself so the character will come easy to him. Abhinav is familiar to television audience for his roles in Babul Ka Angann Chotey Naa, Jaane Kya Baat Hui and Chhoti Bahu. We met him on the sets of Geet:

Are you excited about doing a Punjabi role?
Sure. I can't use too much colloquial but I am sure there will be some Punjabi words in which I will express myself, and that's why I'm particularly excited about the show. We have a lovely star cast and in fact much of the show is based on the reality of Punjab. I've been living there for 22 years and am quite close to the culture.

What's your character like?
My character, Dev, is from Canada. The family has come to Punjab to meet Geet's family, and this is the first time that we're coming to a village. The setting is of the Lodi festival, which has been shown as authentically Punjabi.

Do you think the audience will watch the show given the fact that the IPL is on?
TV audiences always like to watch family drama. Besides, when Abhinav Shukla and Drashti Dhami get together, what's not to like? Of course they will see us!

Are you following IPL?
Not really. I am not a cricket fan. I didn't play the sport much and almost never watched it. I am into athletics. I used to run the 100 meter and 200 meter sprints and hurl the discus. I used to be into fitness modelling.

That's interesting. How similar are you to the character, Dev?
Abhinav is straightforward and positive, someone who greets everyone. Dev is slightly reserved in that way. Aur baki abhi dekho yaar!

How's your rapport with Drashti?
I think it's excellent. She is very talented, of course. I've known Drashti from when she was shooting for Dill Mill Gayye and at the time I was shooting for Jersey No.10, which was being shot at the same studio. She's a very good and very humble person.

When is Abhinav getting married?
Tomorrow perhaps, or next year. I really don't know when. It depends...

Depends on the right girl? What is she like?
First let me figure out for myself what my dream girl is like. Come to think of it, for me there is no dream girl at the moment.

May be what Abhinav is not saying yet is that his current geet of life hasn't yet said yes on STAR One's Geet – Hui Sabsey Paraye. DON'T MISS Monday to Friday, 9:30 pm. Watch tonight's episode – Will the family agree to take Geet's opinion? Will Dev convince Daarji and family…

http://www.indya.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?p=Abhinav-Shukla-the-Punjabi-hero&nid=222

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet.melody thumbnail
thanks for the article! he sounds awesome!

haha loved his line "when AS and DD get together what's not to like" lol! hope D&G have a good story onscreen too!
tootiefrootie11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the article- he does seem like a nice, genuine guy. So shukla is also a punjabi surname?! I am gujju and my mum's side are Shukla! No wonder- certainly don't recall boys who look like this in gujju brahmin community 😆😆
sweetsugar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Loved the answers ...Same her shilpa loved the confidence when he says  "when AS and DD get together what's not to like".
stephhh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
wow he is so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and hotttttttttttttttttttt....OMG...I'm loving this new drama and Dev-Geet ROCKsssssssssssss
-bhootni- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for that article!! I am so glad he and DD get along just fine!!
Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
He is very cute and hot😆   Love all his answers😊
-GoogleWithMe- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
thanx 4 sharing the article