Article-People love to hate me - Ashita Dhawan

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago

Protagonists are fine but it's the mean antagonist that enables an actor to showcase his/her versatility. Looking at television today, it's the antagonist who is most revered. A true hall mark of a great antagonist is derived when he/she is subject to the hatred of viewers.

The bubbly Ashita Dhawan better known as the evil Malti Bhabhi of 'Sapna Babul Ka- Bidaai' is considering herself lucky for getting loads of messages from her fans who simply hate her.

"For a while, people had started to like me as Malti was being sympathetic to Sadhna and Alekh's plight. However, Malti will be back to her nefarious ways and this time she will show greater intensity. I fear that people would hate me in reality because sometimes even I get shocked with Malti's harsh dialogues. At times, I do object to it but the director always reminds me that's it not you but your character that is bad, "said Ashita.

"Then my director says that if people are hating you than it's bad but when people are hating you for your essayed character than its obviously an appreciation from the audience," she added.

"It feels more satisfying when my fans comment on one of the social networking sites that Ashita we love to hate you. Getting such a response from the viewers and what else I want," Dhawan concludes.

-Tejashree Bhoptakar/TellyCafe.com

awww ashita we all love u....we know u are a very nice and sweet human...don't worry let people say wht they want
 u have big fans like me...we all love u...
and i have never really hated malti...i know she's evil but she's been nice many times in the show and some of her actions are kiddish which make me laugh...and there is no bidaai without malti bhaabi..and offcourse her jokes and childish behavior...all the best for ur future🤗

Thanx for sharing it. Dont worry ASHITA i do not hate u. U r so sweet. Let others say. Without u BIDAAI is incomplete..
ofcourse ashita  we all luv u & bidaai is incomplete w/o u . i loved u greatest when u brought ragini outside her house at night 2 hav a meet wid ranvir before marrige , i can't forget those moments when u used 2 tease ragini by d name of ranvir ,
i luv u
i think credit goes to ashita for portraying her character malti so well that audiance/fans just love to hate her.  we should ask her one day if malti was based on someone she knew???😉

This dialogue "love to hate you"  is taken from a movie, which was on Indian independence and 1942 quit India movement. A police officer (his name was Bikas Ray) for his character was so hated, that he commented that he was indeed successful in generating the hatred that he wanted to see for that character.
The most difficult role is to portray a negatuve character....like Vasu, we love to hate her....so what an actress she is...
oh we love u ashita and bidaai is incomplete without malti bhabhi
 I like Malti bhabhi as funny, big mouth, bit naive chatterbox than the one with negative shades. I think CTs should use Malti as a comic relief in Bidaai than using her as negative character. Jhoot to main bolti nahi, Ashita is a great actress.
Ashita you are a good actress. you do excellent work Edited by suchitra_1 - 14 years ago