Posted: 14 years ago
As proposed by Mister K., I am starting a thread on the topic subject, made by the science lovers, and for the science lovers. Feel free to discuss/criticize/particpate in this discussion from a scientific viewpoint.

I believe that we live in a world that has multiple layers, per se. Many things are happening to us at the same time. These space-time vortexes that we live in, have not yet been discovered but its existence is known. So, how many of you believe that such a thing exists? Are we ever going to prove it's existence? And among all the theories, which one do you think is the most plausible?

This thread is limitless in its scope. So keeping that in mind, just to give it a definitive direction , I would like to hear your hypothesis on a few of the following topics. By no means, the scope of the thread is being defined by the following; it's just a starting point if you will. You are, of course, free to expand the scope at will.

1. We all know that mass is one of the most important properties of physical matter. Most of us know that mass is a measure of the amount of matter in us while weight is a measure of the pull of gravity on us. We are aware that that the mass of the object, at any given point in time, is the same irrespective of its location while the weight changes with location because gravity is not the same at all locations.

One big question is: what gave matter its mass? How did the fundamental particles making up the matter, acquire mass?

How would you like to hypothesize on the above question?

2. The first cause. It's one of my favorite topics of all time. What caused this / who caused this / how was this caused / what could be the reason / should there even be a cause / why or why not?

3. Why is there so much space? I mean, is there any one good reason there is so much space or it just is there so deal with it?!

4. What's the importance or lack there of human beings? Should there even be an importance? If we were to survive the next 100,000 years, what would we be like?

5. If all humans were to vanish off the face of the earth, what then?

6. Why is it so physical? In the same breath, why is it so dependent on the stability of the mind? Can one survive without another?

Like I said, you guys are free to add to this list and/or start answering the above in your own words.

Two minds are better than one? Let's test that!

Hmm topic says "Universe and Beyond"
Does: infinity = I do not know ?
But in Science everything is only waiting to be discovered.

I think there are aliens amongst us with the ability of time travel and much more. But such an alien who is a master of time and space would be a "god or an enlightened being" by human definiton.
Originally posted by debayon

These space-time vortexes that we live in, have not yet been discovered but its existence is known. So, how many of you believe that such a thing exists? Are we ever going to prove it's existence? And among all the theories, which one do you think is the most plausible?

A Vortex usually refers to the spiraling motion of an object within a liquid or gas.

In space, some objects move in straight line, some spiral and some are out of control.

The theory goes that the mass of an object is supposed to cause a dimple in the space-time 'fabric' . Heavier the object, bigger the dimple. For example, in our solar system, all objects are spiraling around the Sun, it's possible they are in a vortex. It's a theory but not yet conclusively proven. I believe they are still collecting data.

Galaxies themselves are spiraling so it's possible they themselves are in a vortex too.

My take is that till we understand the concepts of gravity and dark matter, we can't say for certain if there are space-time vortexes are not.
More questions:

7.The vacuum state is not truly void. Electromagnetic waves and particles pop into and out of existence. From where? How?

8. All four forces are supposed to mediated by elementary particles. Photon is the elementary particle of electromagnetism force. Gluon is the elementary particle for the strong nuclear force. Boson is the elementary particle for the weak nuclear force. All these were modeled. Except the fundamental particle for the force of gravity. There is still no graviton. So what is causing gravity?

9. What the heck really happens in a black hole? What's on the other side of a black hole?

10. Why do we feel that time always moves forward?
Its an interesting topic. It reminds me of the book by Stephen Hawking . Most of us have read it already.

Originally posted by karandel_2008

Its an interesting topic. It reminds me of the book by Stephen Hawking . Most of us have read it already.

Yes I came across this. His wife called him an Atheist:

Hawking has stated that he is "not religious in the normal sense" and he believes that "the universe is governed by the laws of science. The laws may have been decreed by God, but God does not intervene to break the laws."

Originally posted by Summer3

Yes I came across this. His wife called him an Atheist:

Hawking has stated that he is "not religious in the normal sense" and he believes that "the universe is governed by the laws of science. The laws may have been decreed by God, but God does not intervene to break the laws."

I think existence and God, is two different things...existence has a freshness and a beauty and a truth..... Never get mixed up with these two words.... One is reality, other one is simply a type of fiction...centurie we human has been imposing meaning on existence becos it needs guts to live joyously without meaning....i think its a type of  balancing secret ðŸ˜Š
Originally posted by Believe

I think existence and God, is two different things...existence has a freshness and a beauty and a truth..... Never get mixed up with these two words.... One is reality, other one is simply a type of fiction...centurie we human has been imposing meaning on existence becos it needs guts to live joyously without meaning....i think its a type of  balancing secret ðŸ˜Š
Term God has been overused and has lost its meaning. Existence is ls just drifting without a purpose.
Awareness is what we should be after.
Originally posted by Summer3

Term God has been overused and has lost its meaning. Existence is ls just drifting without a purpose.
Awareness is what we should be after.

Ya I agree ...we actuly not searching for the real truth....if we dont find the truth....we try to manipulate the truth then false become the truth...then live in that blind faith!!