Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by: jasunap

learning another set of tradions and rituals is no big deal. imagine if you did just that - you will be celebrating more festivals and bringing more joys into the house! and why on earth should we refuse to rejoice?

A point very well said . You get an opportunity to celebrate more often . I celebrate both Hindu and Sikh festivals ..........and since i moved to the U.S , i went and bought myself a christamas tree last year and those beautifull ornaments !!!! Love them . I just started to collect some lovely ornaments for my tree !! ( Thats reminds me i need to set it up for this Christmas ) What fun!!!!!!! !!😛 More things to celebrate the merrier !! If i knew some muslim friends .......would've loved to join them for Biryani and Seviyan !!😃
ME_T thumbnail
i woudlnt; convert form beiong muslim. people have just got to accpet me for who iam. n if they love me properly they will.
sujal_kashish thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i won't b/c i believe tht u should be accepted as the way u r and that's wat shows true love
Kiran187 thumbnail
I would never convert to another religion because those are the belifs and values i hold and i respect my spouses beliefs and values. to some religion isn't important but to some it is. I'm sikh and my family does not approve of marriages outside ur religion. My cousin is married to a romanian girl (shes is really nice and everything but there always that difference of life style) and they are living happily ever after (like a fairy tale) without have eachother converted they practice eachothers beliefs and values without saying mines better than urs. if u have a realtionship like that then its fine and u can work it out

i dunno if this makes any sense but i tried to answer the question

Kiran 😊
prem_diwani thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
No If I had married a person of another faith, I see no point in converting my religion.

As I tell my friends who have cross faith weddings, religion is just a path to god ... (who may or may not really be there) but its just the fact we believe in someone out there to guide us and be the ear to whom we pour our woes and joy.

Merely converting does not cause one's belief in their god to change overnight.

Children of such an union should be exposed equally to both faiths and then decide once they are old enough to think for them selves.
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
exactly prem, that is what indygirl and i have said. one more religion is added to your life, more festivals, more rejoicing and more good times! besides you have more gods to look after you and your family! what more can one ask for? 😃 why restrict and restrain oneself by converting and imposing?Edited by jasunap - 18 years ago
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: indygirl

In a good relationship people work these things out all the time .My Sikh mother married my Hindu dad !! I never saw any issues with the religons / gods being different stuff . Even though i am a half hindu married to a  hindu , my husband is pretty much an aethiest !! But i continue to fast on Mondays , shiv ratris, go for Guru Nanak Jayanti . I often do it alone . Often he gives me company . We never have any dispute over religon . Religon can be easily worked out by people who care for each other !! Religon should never be such a big deal that you forget the most important thing first ........Love !! Just my personal beliefs and experience !!😊

anyway, girls aren't allowed to marry out of Islam