Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sugar plum thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
would you change your religion just because your spouse belongs to another religion...
Aparna_BD thumbnail
probably not !! If my spouse loves me back .....he won't ask me to change !!! And i don't hold religon as the most important thing in my life anyways .....so would have never married any one who felt strongly about religon !!
Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Good question,
My instinct would be to sock them in the face and find someone else πŸ˜†
But if indeed I loved someone so much and it meant so much to them then

Id still sock them in the face πŸ˜†

Sorry I'm feeling a lil too wicked todayπŸ˜†

Edited by Rindam - 18 years ago
Nishani thumbnail
I am Hindu and my boyfriend is Tamil.....we are getting married next year (well, feverishly thinking about it anyways).

He wants me to marry him in the traditional Tamil way but after that I am gonna revert back to being Hindu....I am just being courteous. I love him too much to hurt him so I sacrificed my pride to make him a happy man. πŸ˜†

I always said I would NEVER get married to a bloke outside my religion and look what happened to me.....now I know the real meaning of NEVER SAY NEVER!

We are both not overly religious people so it does not make a difference to us. I will still practice being a Hindu but I will NEVER convert for him.....he knows that and accepts it.....for which I am very grateful. 😳

It is just on the marriage day, I will do things his way. Aren't I nice? πŸ˜†

I am doing this cos I love him so and if he does not for one moment appreciate it, then I am gonna take my nephew's cricket bat and whack him upside the head! πŸ˜† It took a lot for me to settle on having a traditional Tamil wedding.

Sorry for the long epic story.....didn't mean to bore you guys with my reply! 😳
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nishani

I am Hindu and my boyfriend is Tamil.....we are getting married next year (well, feverishly thinking about it anyways).

He wants me to marry him in the traditional Tamil way but after that I am gonna revert back to being Hindu....I am just being courteous. I love him too much to hurt him so I sacrificed my pride to make him a happy man. πŸ˜†

I always said I would NEVER get married to a bloke outside my religion and look what happened to me.....now I know the real meaning of NEVER SAY NEVER!

We are both not overly religious people so it does not make a difference to us. I will still practice being a Hindu but I will NEVER convert for him.....he knows that and accepts it.....for which I am very grateful. 😳

It is just on the marriage day, I will do things his way. Aren't I nice? πŸ˜†

I am doing this cos I love him so and if he does not for one moment appreciate it, then I am gonna take my nephew's cricket bat and whack him upside the head! πŸ˜† It took a lot for me to settle on having a traditional Tamil wedding.

Sorry for the long epic story.....didn't mean to bore you guys with my reply! 😳

But Nishani , Tamilians are hindu too  !!! Infact strict Hindu's mostly .And you can't convert to Tamilianisn , as there isn't such religon ......unless he's a Tamilian Christian .......then you are talking about converting to Christainity not Tamilianism( since as far as i know there isn't a word as Tamilinism....since thats not a religon....but should i say a caste)

And the Tamilian wedding will be done in a hindu style .....just different bunch of rituals . You could always learn to speak Tamil , cook , understand how to do pooja's and do both . I am half Sikh - half Bong( Hindu)......married to a Bong .My parents were more hindu than benagalis( meaning didn't do anything bengalis do) But I learnt the customs my in - laws have (Bengali customs) once i married and i practise them too . You will remain a hindu even after you learn Tamil etc !

!😊 Nice to hear about your relationship !! All the best sweetie !!πŸ˜›

Edited by indygirl - 18 years ago
Nishani thumbnail
But here in South Africa, Tamil and Hindus are not like what it is in India.....things b/w us are segregated here.
#1 angel thumbnail
i would not convert for anyone. they should accept me for who i am.
shahidlover24 thumbnail
I'm 14 and right now I think that I will never fall for anyone who isn't of my religion but then again, reading Nishani's story has made me think that you never know what's going to happen. Although I think my parents would have a problem with it.
If, I do fall for someone who is of a different religion, I would not convert for them and they should be able to accept that otherwise we're not meant to be.
~*kRiTu*~ thumbnail
religion isnt the most important thing in my life, but i wouldnt convert either, im just 154 though so who knows whats gonna happen πŸ˜› but i prolly wouldnt, and i dun think ill fall for a guy whoz so much in religion, but kal. kya. hoga. kisko. pata πŸ˜†
sugar plum thumbnail
in my case... my boyfriend is a muslim, and i'm a hindu... but both of us are not orthodox... and there's no marriage coming up coz we are just in college... but even if we were to get married, i wouldn't convert... but let me admit that i have always had a love for islam and the customs as a whole... but that doesn't mean i would convert... 😊 Edited by sugar bun - 18 years ago