Poll Choice
BR Chopra's Mahabharat
Bobby Bedi's Mahabharat
Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna
Ekta Kapoor's KHMK
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Mister.K.

If you are sure, why did you use the word "might"?

Oh Mister. K I was pretty sure, you might ask a question like this.

Originally posted by Mister.K.

😊

Aw Man, K!!!!!!   I was not hinting at your quest for truth!  I would never demean your efforts by connecting them to some book debate. 
Originally posted by Emptiness

It's like the whole war was for nothing, everyone ended up in heaven anyway!
😆 ðŸ˜†
MB cud be symbolic of our inner battles ..good vs bad ..end result  ? Heaven/hell illusion - back to the ultimate source -full circle !
Originally posted by lola610

<font color="#ff0066">

The character of Drishtadyumna is basically
created as a mechanism for revenge, an instrument of brahma-hatya at
that... how much control did such a character have over his karm, and
how would he incur karm-phal if he was made for murder? Did he have some
sort of conscience which could influence him and make him lead a
different life, other than what Dhrupad wanted him for? And if not,
could he really suffer any consequences or would they go straight on
Dhrupad's books?</font>

Based on your characterization above, Drishtadyumna would be referred to as a terrorist in current age.
WMD in nature are not born with a brain or a heart.!

As for Karma, it is not divine retribution as in reward or punishment in later lives but simply a GPS or opportunity to make good in current life.
Originally posted by my_view

Based on your characterization above, Drishtadyumna would be referred to as a terrorist in current age.
WMD in nature are not born with a brain or a heart.!

As for Karma, it is not divine retribution as in reward or punishment in later lives but simply a GPS or opportunity to make good in current life.
Every person (WMD or not )is born with a heart & brain whether they use it or not is a different matter .I Would say that karma includes the bolded too.
So Drupada was born as a boon to the father, for purposes of killing Drona.
Several stories are all interlinked.
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

Every person (WMD or not )is born with a heart & brain whether they use it or not is a different matter .I Would say that karma includes the bolded too.

Oh.. I meant to convey that it seems needless on the part of the creator to create a human for the sole purpose of using him or her as WMD when natural disaster can cause destruction of any magnitude.

As for Karma (consequences of past action), the suffering in the world keeps growing which means there will be no end to human life if you believe the Karmic cycle. I am not convinced that it is so.
Originally posted by my_view

Oh.. I meant to convey that it seems needless on the part of the creator to create a human for the sole purpose of using him or her as WMD when natural disaster can cause destruction of any magnitude.

As for Karma (consequences of past action), the suffering in the world keeps growing which means there will be no end to human life if you believe the Karmic cycle. I am not convinced that it is so.
Oh my MU !😊 thanx for clarifying. would like to know ur view on the bolded
Originally posted by Emptiness

well they did, it's there in the epic, ironically, Duryodhana + the other Kauravas all went to heaven, whilst the Pandavas ended up in hell.

Huhhh???😕

Duryodhana and the other Kauravas went to the heaven ONLY for a brief period of time until their 'good' Karma allowed them to...they ultimately ended up in hell...