uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Who is DIMPY GANGULY

Formerly Saumasri Ganguly, this 21-year-old college dropout comes from a Kolkata family of extremely modest means. It was her win at a regional beauty contest that gave her a foothold in the industry, and Dimpy went on to feature in glamorous item numbers and magazine shoots.

Dimpy's family soon moved out of their conservative joint family setup to an independent apartment, as her modeling career took off.

After two years, she signed up for a high-profile model hunt, which in the past has launched Bipasha Basu. Her friends and associates speak of her as a "go-getter" and street-smart girl.

Fellow contestants on the reality show which saw her get married to Rahul Mahajan, did not take kindly to her "bonding over alcohol" with him after the shoots.

Finalist Nikkunj claims, "Dimpy could not stand on her feet after 7.30 pm. They both used to be quite sloshed." Shailja Kejriwal (Imagine, EVP, Content) did not deny that Rahul and Dimpy used to drink together. She simply said, "Why call me up for such frivolous things?"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diya84 thumbnail
thanks, it was very evident about dimpy's lifestyle from the pictures posted, i guess rahul is the same, so he saw a very relaxing and fun life with her, i dont think he was looking for a good wife, like he said - a great friend or girlfriend is the better term. and she saw a great tag and a platform to get to bollywood..  well, lets see how far they reach...
Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
yup in the pics I posted she said "i was drunk as usual"