GB: Articles Archieve

Posted: 14 years ago

Hello Friends,

You can find all articles releated to this show here in this thread.

-IF Dev Team
It's the 'Role' that matters for Mohit Mallik.. It's the 'Role' that matters for Mohit Mallik..

Mohit Mallik tells Telly Buzz that rather than always looking to play ...

Pallavi in Love

Pallavi Shubash, a.k.a. Aastha (Godh Bharaai) is in love. And she has no qualms admitting it. "I have been in a relationship for five years now," she says, "and we are planning to get married soon." However, she is not too forthcoming about the identity of her love interest, only stating that he is no Bollywood star, and that he is one of the popular stars in the Marathi Film Industry. "I will definitely let you know when the time is right," she says.

According to a reliable source, the man in question is the upcoming Marathi actor, Aniket Vishwasrao. He is also the host of the show, Maharashtracha Superstar, which also features Mahesh Manjrekar, Supriya Pilgaonkar, and Amruta Khanvilkar. " Aniket and Pallavi are concentrating on their respective careers, as they are both well-known personalities. They plan to get married soon," our source says.

Congratulations to Pallavi and Aniket, and we eagerly await your wedding.

-Tejashree Bhopatkar/
Tellycafe.com

"I'm dating someone" Pallavi Subhash

Pallavi Subhash cranks open her shell to give just about a slit-view of her life…

Posted: 13 years ago
Pallavi Subhash is very much like her on screen characters – simple and traditional.

But she doesn't cry in real life the way bahus on television do, "Oh, crying is to fetch higher TRPs. All the rona dhona helps to grab more eyeballs," she says. Pallavi has worked for eight years in Marathi cinema, any plans of working in Bollywood? "I'm happy with my television work. And If I ever get an offer to act opposite Amitabh Bachchan I will definitely act in a Hindi film," she adds. For big screen actresses, "I admire Manisha Koirala and not many from the current crop of actresses," she says.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Bollywood-Only-for-Big-B-Pallavi/articleshow/5759776.cms
Review: Godh Bharai
Buzz up!

Godh Bharai is a show from the makers of Saat Phere and Balika Vadhu.

Here also they are pointing out a social issue like female impotency but the show is as regressive and irritating as it can get, especially when seemingly educated – looking actors mouth lines like Main tumhari mardangi par ungli uthne nahin doongi, usse accha main baanjh kehlaana pasand karoongi….

It's about Aastha, who moves around in all those glittery saris, straightened hair and is always smiling unnecessarily without a reason to show that she is a happy and a good wife. She is a perfect bahu, who serves chai to sasur ji and who wants to keep everyone happy but unfortunately she is not able to conceive and give a child to the family. Her husband (Shakti Anand) is the dutiful son who wakes up early morning to do puja with his father while his elder brother prefers to sleep till late and the latter's wife is the proverbial black sheep in the family. She can't make decent tea, makes kanda poha on fasting days so incurs the wrath of the patriarch too often. And yes, for some strange reason she speaks incorrect English; 'I don't knows what happenings' types (remember Rani Mukerji's Ek slaps doongi in Saawariya?). We guess that is the makers' idea of putting comic relief in the otherwise dull show.

The family interestingly doesn't really torture Aastha for being childless, yet she puts a long face looking at the picture of baby Krishna and makes a face like she has nothing in her life, it's so empty and it's the same sad face always. We wonder why they can't adopt a child instead. The actors try hard to put life into the show, especially Shakti Anand as Shivam and Pallavi Subhash as Aastha (though they make a nice couple) but in vain.

No point in talking more about this show. You have seen it all before.

Rating:
* 1/2

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Review-Godh-Bharai&xfile=2010/April/News_20100408_40

Come Monday, Sony is all set to air a one hour special episode of Sphere Origin's Godh Bharaai. This show, which is about a protagonist who cannot conceive, will see a big twist during this special episode.

A source fills in, "Astha (Pallavi Shubhash) and Shivam (Shakti Anand), who were advised to do a ritual for raising heirs for their family, will finally achieve what they have been yearning for. The shoot will be filmed at Brajeshwari (Virar)."

Elaborating on the sequence, the source says, "While Astha will be praying in the flowing water of a river, she suddenly hears a baby crying in front of her placed in a basket. They do try hunting for the child's parents but their efforts went in vain. They finally assume that it as a blessing of God and that He has answered their prayers. Finally they take the baby home."

"Buzz is also that after getting the child home comes in a real twist. Either Astha will conceive and then she will be confused in raising both the children or the real parents of the child will come forth and take away the child leaving Astha and Shivam helpless once again." adds the source.

We contacted Shakti Anand but he remained unavailable for the comment.

-Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/132-godh-bharaai-one-hour-special.html

Little Star on Godh Bharai sets
Tuesday, 04 May 2010 19:34

Godh Bharai has witnessed a new turn with a little kid entering the lives of Aastha (Pallavi Subhash) and Shivam (Shakti Anand), but it's not just the track that has been subject to a major twist. It seems the entire atmosphere on the sets of Godh Bharai has had a contrasting change with the entry of Neel (Aastha'a adopted son) as the youngest cast member.

In a chit chat with TellyCafe, Pallavi Subhash says, "Neel is so cute. He has managed to become everybody's favourite. Earlier, the atmosphere on the sets was really dull but Neel seems to have brought new energy altogether. We do everything we can to entertain him and make him happy. So much so that, we even saw our director dancing to entertain him!"

When asked about her personal attachment to Neel, Pallavi replies, "I am personally very fond of him. And since we have most of our scenes together he has become friends with me."

Godh Bharai reflects on the hardships faced by an Indian woman who is married into a traditional family but is childless. The show goes on air at 8.30 from Monday to Thursday on Sony.

-Rahat Khan /
TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/telly-news-gossip/little-star-on-godh-bharai-sets
Pallavi Subhash
One look at this picture and you might just not realise that's it's Pallavi Subhash. The actress, who's playing the lead on Sony's Godh Bharai, has always done saree-clad roles on TV.

So, to see her in a glam avatar is not easy to digest and Pallavi is aware of that. "I'm sure people will be surprised to see me in anything other than a saree!" Pallavi would love to do glam roles, but she's also happy with her current work. "I enjoy what I'm doing, but I would like to do different roles too." Point taken. And while talking about work, she tells us how upset about recent reports that said she threw tantrums on the sets. "I was very hurt about that. We all work very hard on the sets and the last thing I would do is throw tantrums," she says.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/Pallavi-wants-different-roles/articleshow/5912823.cms
Grand Celebration In 'Godh Bharaai'!
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Thursday, 22 July 2010 16:48
0diggsdigg

vote
nowBuzz up!

Godh Bharaai

Sony TV's 'Godh Bharaai' is finally going to see good time in the show. The duo Aastha (Pallavi Shubash) and Shivam (Shakti Anand) are planning to welcome the new member in their family. It seems that the show, which puts light on the dilemma that a women faces when she is barren, will now see good time as the main female lead of the show has conceived and is now going to deliver a baby.

So now the show will see the real godh bharaai of Aastha as the family knows that Aastha is now going to deliver a baby. So the preparation for the grand godh bharaai is on. A source says, "Aastha's godh bharaai is planned on a grand scale and the show will, for the first time, have a song and dance sequence. After a long time, the show will take a break from all its routine rona-dhona and all will cherish the happiness".

If a buzz is to be believed than the show had also got its extension for about six months. Talking on it Shakti Anand says, "Yes, even we have heard that our show has got an extension but nothing is official yet as we have just heard about the extension".

It seems that 'Godh Bharaai' is really going to see good times ahead!

--Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/819-grand-celebration-in-godh-bharaai.html