Yeah sure, I'll updt the avi if you want. Did you see it? Do you want to wait until it's been fixed or should I put it in your avi box now?
Btw, to update your avi, all you do is go under My Dashboard, click on Update Profile, then click on Preferences.
Go all the way down where it says Avatar Link and paste the link of your avatar into it (without IMG codes). It's easier than updating your signature.
LOVED your answers to Aish's questions, very well phrased!
And thanks soooo much for liking my Kaalabhairava sig, means a lot as I love that movie.
Thats sooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet of U dear Di!!
Yea I've seen d avis....I wanna wait till we get its correct version!!! Hope U'll not mind!!!
Awwww.....thanx a bazillion for telling d steps of updting an avi....bt I dunno how to make d avis...or if I requsest them....den frm where I'll get d links of my avi??? O...sooooooooooooooooo glad that U like my answers to Aishi Di...means alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot to me!!!Btw....visited Ur Treasure house.....n I was just mused that how can a person be soooooooooooooooooooooooo creative!!! Grt work!!!!!!!!!Dis crown for U...for Ur magnificient creations n for d 'Jankiji' who resides inside Ur heart n guides U for all d magic U create!!!
Today (April 20, 2010) is a very special day for every fan of Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan, and for the family of the said person himself, for it is the 47th birthday of Mr. Samir Rajda, who played the divine role of an incarnation of Lord Vishnu's Panchajanya, Shatrughan, Prince of Ayodhya and King of Mathura!
So everyone, please visit our Shatrughanji a very happy birthday! He played the role of Shatrughan very well and even made us crack up in the initial epis after the Royal Family heard about Ramji breaking the Shiv Dhanush and he a Bharat fought over who was going to read the letter. He was a superb actor and did full justice to the role of Shatrughan.
@ Deeps - awwww we do miss you yaara, you have no idea how much Deep ke bina to andhera hi andhera hai yahaan shishya dharm ka paalan karke shigra hi laut aana, best of luck sweets And thanks so much for liking the sigs, soooo looking fwd to yours when you get back!
@ Gunia - thanks a bazillion for liking the sigs, made my night no probs sweets, take your time getting to the discussion of the week topic... lolz that's just what they call it at other forums, no reason we can't keep it going longer than a week filhaal to tumne jo Indra ka aaj kal ke netaaon se comparison kiya... wowwwww I agree with each and every word of it, bahut sahi likha... Giridhar ko hi aake sabak sikhaana padega! So do you then feel that their "fall from grace" too wasn't as innocent as Indra's? Like him, do they not even realize when they cross the line of greed and corruption, or do they know perfectly well and go against their conscience anyway? In fact, do any of these temptations like wealth, power, etc really have some irresistible pull that can overtake our better instincts or do we always have control and can therefore be held responsible, in your opinion?
Again, this above underlined portion ties into the DOTW so everybody can jump in on it
@ Shivang - thanks for liking the sigs bhaiya, yeah I remembered that mutual fav scene of ours cuz of you only... ussi daanton ke beech jivha wali line pe baat huyi thi, na... what a line Among all the other virtues for which we admire him, this line highlights Vibhishan's incredible humility also... only one who has no ego can stand insults every day like that and still be as positive as he was So, thanks again for liking, really means a lot! Also, so happy you liked the DOTW idea... brilliant start The progressive tax scene from Lav Kush was really a valuable addition, fits in perfectly well with the topic... and in general, with the kind of leadership that all of our fav shows advocated. And "work as isht-dev" also makes perfect sense... especially since sometimes this econ "hammering" feels just like the toughest tapasya there is but seriously, it's true... people complain that life's so busy nowadays, everyone has to work, no time to think and reflect and pray, blah blah blah, but how much happier would they be if they treated work like worship... as Krishna says in the scene, "woh jo tumhe khud karna chahiye, uske liye keemat maang rahe ho?"... the misery our works get us comes from our expectations, which reflect pride and ignorance... to do work for work's sake, without these expectations, would probably make it much less burdensome and just as beneficial as any pooja-paath. The other point on ritualistic practices and motives for worship, I'll save for later
@ Lalibali -yeps those LK avis are tooooooo cute... glad to know it's your fav scene, makes me even happier that I put it up or else you woulda never seen it j/k... the kids really were talented, Lav's sour expressions when mommy's holding Kush and churning the kheer are priceless And thanks a million bazillion for liking and using the new sigs and making me feel all special... wuv you The flower wasn't a brush actually, I just find 6-7 diff textures on photobucket/deviantart and rip out whatever pieces I like, overlay/screen them on the sigs depending on whether they're lighter or darker than the pics, and use as brushes I'll try to find it again and send you it! And no worries, if it gets to a CC a week I'll alternate with you on opening the threads and take charge of the pain in the butt ToC, deal But by then we'll have a forum, na, what to worry about Can't wait to see and snag the rest of the pastel sigs! And take your time with the DotW, like I told Gunia it can last as long as we want... looking fwd to your insights though, and whatev topics you can round up for later!
Adorable b-day sigs and pics of our Shatrughan guys! Didn't have time to make any, here are 2 of his songs from Uttar Ramayan that were halved in the dvds... I managed to put up the full versions... enjoy!
Awwwwwww what a treat.. thanks for BitS'ing me again Lali, I feel like a real star you da best But it might take me a day or two to work the sig into my sigbox, no time to make a new slideshow today... that ok?
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath
1. Who is your favorite actor in RS's Ramayan & Shri Krishna? Awww too hard... too hard Obviously the leads so I won't mention them, from the supporting cast of Ramayan Sanjay Jog as Bharat, Sudhir Dalvi as Vasisht, and Mukesh Rawal as Vibhishan stood out. In SK, Sunil Pandey as Vasudev, whoever played Garg, Shahnawaz as NandBaba, and Pramod Kapoor as Akroor. But then again I could be picking based on love for the characters, I don't even know anymore!
2. Favorite actress? As above, the leads go without saying... from the supporting cast of Ramayan, Aparajita as Mandodari and Anjali Vyas as Urmi. I even liked Urmila Bhatt as Sunaina Maa a lot. In SK Paulomi of couse, Damini Kanwal as Yashoda, and the lady who played Yogmaya.
3. Favorite Vanar? Lol prob the only place where I'll give one answer: Dara Singh as Bajrangbali
4. Favorite Rakshas? Can we count Vibs again Also loved Vijay Arora as Meghnaad. In SK, Vilas Raj was perfect as Kans, best one there's ever been... entertaining, hilarious, and despicable at the same time!
5. Which of the Rajmata actresses do you think did best? Solely based on that scene where she goes nuts after "O Maiya Tene", Padma Khanna
6. Do you imagine any of these actors/actresses as their onscreen counterparts? If so, which ones? (for example, seeing Dara Singh as the real Hanuman) Each and every one of them!!! I
mean, the only other visual aid we have for these epics are the
drawings and paintings that portray them, and its easier to picture live
ppl enacting the scenes than cartoons. also helps that they were all
portrayed so naturally, and so much trouble was taken to recreate the
time period through the sets and costumes. till now when my family
recites the hanuman chalisa, I picture the scenes being described as
they were shown in the serial.
7. Did you see Ramayan in its original telecast more than 20 years ago? How about Shri Krishna? If so, how was the experience. If not, when did you see this serials and how? I'm 20, so no but I was lucky enough to
watch the original Doordarshan recordings my grandma sent from India and
the first ever VHS set, totally unedited with scenes unavailable in
today's dvd sets, right from birth!! my first hinduism and hindi lessons
came from ramayan!! (no worries, since then I've been exposed to much
more, read many scriptures in the original text, and have gotten the
facts straight, but I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't for Ramayan)
8. What is your favorite scene in the Ramayan and Shri Krishna serials (choose only one from both, as hard as it is!)? JUST ONE!!! Are you trying to kill me OMG.... it's like asking me to choose between my hands... or my parents... or something crazy like that Let's just arbitrarily say Bharat Milaap and Soja Lalla, but know that I actually rank 100s more scenes right up there with them
9. Which scene do you think they could have filmed better in both serials? In Ramayan, that Viraag monster they run into before settling down at Panchvati... he looks and sounds ridiculous, the graphics are way below par, and it just kinda sticks out like a sore thumb given the excellence of everything before and after. In SK everything in the post-RS, post-Swapnil years except for Sudama was just... enough said
10. Were you disappointed with any of the actors/actresses and wished the Sagars could have chosen better ones? If so, which ones? lol no one
important enough for me to wish for any changes, but remember the scene
right after Subahu and Mareech have destroyed Vishwamitra's havan, and
the rishis discuss a solution?? the one rishi other than Vishwamitra who
actually speaks sounds totally hilarious
listen to him at 2:14 onwards in this clip, you'll see what I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-afSx4PdEQ thank God
he wasn't given a bigger role or he'd kill it; with what little he did
its ok cuz its just a funny memory from the show and nothing important Similarly the guy that played Aghasur before the Ashtavakra Muni cursed him was pretty awkward, though the scene itself is really beautiful in its meaning and depth... such brilliant monologues come in the Ashok epis!
11. Would you call yourself an obsessed fan or a moderate one?
You tell me
12. If you could spend one day with an actor from either Ramayan or Shri Krishna, who would it be and how would you spend the day? with anyone
at all involved in the show, even a lightman or someone that brought
them coffee during breaks, would be a dream come true! any behind the
scenes insight would be cool, esp would love to ask questions like the
ones I'm answering now (like their fav songs, scenes, costars, etc.) o
and would live funny stories from them abt on-set pranks (vanars having
rock fights during the bridge building scenes, maybe ),
mistakes, bloopers, etc.
13. Which of today's New Mythos do you like best and why? NDTV Ramayan was nice sometimes, pretty much whenever it seemed to pay tribute to our version...the familiar Ravindra Jain music, the dubbing voice they used on Vashisht that we'd previously heard on Hanuman/Garg/Shursen/Bhishma/Brahma in Ramayan and SK, the word-for-word same scenes... whatever seemed familiar felt good to watch And Pankaj Kalra was pretty good as Dashrath. And Ganesh Leela isn't too bad compared to the rest of today's shows, the morals don't seem as forced as in others and of course, it had Shweta to remind me of SK
14. When you watch the new mythos today, do you unconsciously compare them with their old classic counterparts or do you view them with an unbiased air? Unfortunately yes, I do, so nothing else lives up to expectations. I try to appreciate what I can from them, a decent actor here or a nice dialogue there... but with the old ones, there was nothing not to appreciate! It was all perfection!
15. Do you like any actor/actress from any of today's mythos more than you liked a particular actor/actress from the old ones? If so, who and why? Nah!!! Pankaj Kalra was decent, but I would never switch any of them. Why mess with perfection!
Will be back with more questions for sure! Enjoy your fortnight! Alrighty, looking forward to it Thanks again Lali