Uttaran

In an encounter with Pragati Mehra aka Thakurain

payel_roy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Explore the actress Pragati Mehra in an intimate interview where she talks about Uttaran and more.

After acting in many serials and doing around 45 commercial Ads, Pragati Mehra talks about how she went through the journey of her life from a shy girl in Delhi to Divya Thakur in Uttaran.

How did you get Uttaran?

Uttaran is a very interesting concept. I actually got this offer through a social networking site. One of the concerned people from the casting site they have asked me would you like to do another show for colors, that time I was doing Kumkum on Star. Colors was not launched that time, so I didn't knew about it, but I don't have a problem with any channel as far as the work is interesting enough. I have to do almost 5 to 6 trial for this show.

How is your bonding with your co- actors?

We all had a good bonding with each other. We are shooting from 8-9 months and some times the set up becomes as such that everybody gets along very well. We all, even the directors and producers, whether we are on the sets or outside somewhere we socialize a lot. We all give our inputs for the show, so nobody gets annoyed, because obviously it is going to be good for the show.

Show has taken a leap? At any point of time did you think that whether it will work or not?

Yes we all including the channel had to think whether we are doing the right think, because audiences were used to kids, they were their protagonist, but at that time child's story was over. We have shown their Jealousy, their love, but we can't show much more in them, we can't show the love triangle between kids. So that's why we took a leap. It paid off in a better way. Character became bigger than actor.

Where is the show going to go further?

Ichcha and Veer's love story is going on. Drama is going to get created; first we were not ready for the marriage now Veer's family is not getting ready. It is going to be how veer will let his love story happen.

What are your hobbies?

I used to socialize a lot, whether I am off set or on the set. When ever I used to get time I used to open my laptop and start chatting. Read screenplay when on the sets. I spend a lot of time with my mom. I like to party a lot. I love to cook a lot. But for a very long time I haven't. I used to drive a lot but after coming to Bombay I have started hating driving. Off late I have developed a interest in reading, non-fiction book.

Marriage plans?

Not right now. But don't know, anything can happen any time. I don't think so marriage needs to be planned like 5 year plan, but when it will have to come, it will come.

Future plans?

There are no future plans as such. I believe that somebody calls you for look test or narrates you a story than I can't say that I am going to do that serial. The serial which at the end I start working on than you can say that's mine. Something like that happen with a serial, everything was finalized but at the last moment I have to say no because I have to go to Gujarat for that show, and Uttaran was going on in Mumbai, so it didn't work. The show was supposed to air on Zee and the name of the serial was Jhansi Ki Rani. I also did an Ad shoot Ten days back at Kerela. It was for jewellery. A very famous designer from Kerela called Kalyan Jewelers. It is going to be release at south. It is also made in Malayalam. I definitely would like to do a reality show. But that to depend on what is offered.

sorry if this was post earlier.
Edited by payel_roy - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
thnx..she's awesome in this show...jus hpe she continues to trust iccha and nt fall for taps trap...i liked her since manshaa days altho she had a bit of a negative character in tht show...
payel_roy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yes yuvika now a days she is trusting tap water too much which is dangerous for any form of life on earth😉.