Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Will the bitterness between Naitik and Akshara end this Holi?

Star Plus' show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai leads Akshara and Naitik are still not on talking terms. Akshara is back to her in-laws house but Naitik is still angry with her hence the bitterness between both will end this Holi.

An Indya source tells us, "Naitik hasn't yet forgotten what Akshara has done but at the same time he has a soft corner for her as he loves her very much and now in Holi, the Singhania family will celebrate with great enthusiasm as it is the first holi of Naitik and Akshara after marriage."

The festival of joy is an important occasion for the families as they attempt to reunite Akshara and Naitik. There were festivities galore with loads of naach, gaana, dhol, masti as the Maheshwari family along with STAR Parivaar members like Ranvir & Sadhana from Bidaai,
Purva & her sisters from Behenein, Bebo & Amrit from Sabki Laadli Bebo, Yudi & Rani from Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat and Manjula, Mohan & Bhakti from Hamari Devrani and many more who gathered to help the couple reunite.

Vivek Bahl, Executive Creative Director, STAR Plus said, "Holi is an occasion when people bury their differences and come together to celebrate the festival of joy. As we all know Naitik and Akshara are presently going through a rough patch in their relationship, the Maheshwari and Singhania family along with the Star Parivaar tries to get the couple back together and believes this Holi party will be the perfect occasion for the purpose."

Story so far: Akshara & Naitik have been living separately owing to a series of misunderstandings between them. Finally both the families realize that both Akshara and Naitik are equally at fault and they need to resolve their differences. Akshara is expecting Naitik to come to her house on Holi and take her back.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Naitik--Akshara-back-this-Holi&xfile=2010/February/News_20100226_145
sattvik thumbnail
Women centric shows
Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

With World Women's Day around the corner, we take a look at the shows which are women centric and highlight how women are caught in the wrong notions of today's society.

Behenein
on STAR Plus
The show is being produced by Hatts Off Productions. This is the story of four sisters, Purva, Smriti, Aakashi and Anokhi who live in Nadiyaad with their parents, Sevantilal & Revti Shastri. Purva is a free-spirited girl who is grounded in the values given to her by her parents. It's the struggle of Purva aka Alisha Khan to take care of her three sisters.
sattvik thumbnail

Shiju Kataria speaks on the Behenein's success

Star Plus' prime time show Behenein is gaining popularity episode by episode. The present track is getting dramatic as Smriti is losing her memory day by day. Shiju Kataria speaks on her show.

We spoke to Shiju Kataria aka Smriti about the show's response and moreā€¦

"I am happy with the response as we are getting a good feedback from the audiences. The people like the show because it's the story of four sisters and their bonding with each other, then it has fresh faces and unique drama. Earlier there were shows, which I think the audiences were bored of watching, which went on air for many long years. It's commendable that in the first week we got good TRP ratings."

Further she told us about the show that, "There is real bonding between the four sisters and I think when we have good friendship in reality, automatically that will flash on-screen as well. Now in the show there will be double drama which would take place in the life of Smriti, which will directly connect her to her loved ones."

About the response from the audiences she tells us, "Everyone likes my new pairing with Sudeep Sahir. They just want that Smriti-Mihir should be together. I am happy the way the whole drama is going on and now in the coming episodes, Smriti's baby will be found but with adding more drama to it."

About working with Ketki Dave she said, "She is a wonderful actress and also a good human being. We are learning a lot from her and I am glad that I am working with her."
sattvik thumbnail
Shiju Kataria plays Harman's sister in Its My Life

TV actress Shiju Kataria aka Smriti of Star Plus prime time show Behenein will now be seen on the big screen with Haraman Baweja in Anees Bazmee's film Its My Life. She plays Harman's sister in the film.

We spoke to Shiju Kataria aka Smriti about her role, "I am waiting for my film Its My Life to release. It's a good and hilarious movie. In the film, I play Nana Patekar's daughter and so I am Harman's sister in the film. The film revolves around her and the family of Harman Baweja. She is very sweet and simple but at the same time, she is a very strong character."

Further she told us about her working experience with Nana and Harman, "It was quite a learning experience for me, though I have done films but I will always remember the shooting of this film. Nanaji is so humble and is the most generous person that I have ever met, while shooting I felt I was his real daughter. Similarly, in the film the audience will also love our daughter-father chemistry. About Harman and Genelia, she told, "He is a very good human being and a fine actor similarly even Genelia is also very humble, polite and has no tantrums."

Later on she told us, "After Its My Life, I have done a film called Dus Tola with Manoj Bajpai which would release by the end of this year I guess."

The actress hasn't done much TV but she has done films in the past. The actress is enjoying her TV act.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/March/News_20100309_39
sattvik thumbnail
Ketki Dave guiding spirit of the show

Shiju Kataria aka Smriti and the other cast of the show are all working hard and they are taking guidelines from the most experienced actress on the sets Ketki Dave, who plays their Nima fai.

source: indya.com
sattvik thumbnail
Behenein lead looks like Aishwarya?

Star Plus' show Behenein is in news again as now its said that Behenein lead actress Purva aka Aalesha bears a striking resemblance to none other than the world's most beautiful woman, Aishwarya Rai.

An Indya source tells us, "Right from the first day of the shoot, everyone on the sets including the cast, crew and even the producer, JD Majethia tease Aalesha as Aishwarya. Not only do they tease her as a look-alike but they have also spotted similarities in her mannerisms and expressions while she performs."

About this Aalesha said "Ash is the world's most beautiful woman and comparison with her humbles me, it feels like I have won half the battle'however, wish I was a bit taller. Coming to the performances, I still have a lot to learn considering Behenein is just my leading debut. I have done print shoots down South and over there, the crew members used to tell me that I am mini ash and I take this as a compliment. Without make-up I can't be Ash as it's the make-up and hairstyling have made me to look like her. I even get lot of comments on facebook that I resemble Ash. I am hoping that I will be successful actress in tellywood like Ash in Bollywood."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/March/News_20100310_45
sattvik thumbnail
TOI article - Ash on TV?

It was a photographer who first spotted the mini Ash in her. And now, on the sets of the serial, Behenein, her co-actors have begun speaking about her striking resemblance to the Bachchan bahu. Needless to say, newcomer Alesha Khan feels it's a 'huge honour' to be called the Ash of the small screen. "My eyes, nose and jawline, bear a similarity. Recently at an audition for a commercial, I was told that I resemble Ash more than Sneha Ullal!" says Alesha, adding, "While Ash is 5"7", I'm 5"3'. Though I look like Ash, I don't imitate her. Beauty of a lookalike alone can't build a career. Talent matters. In movies, I'd want to play Ash's younger sister. And just in case Salman is hearing, he must know that there's an Ash lookalike in town!"
PDG

Alesha Khan in Behenein

sattvik thumbnail
Latest hit jodis

There have been numerous TV Jodi's, which have still captured the minds of the audiences like the Jodi of Mihir 'Tulsi, Karan-Nandini but now there are a few new Jodi's coming up on TV.

Purva (Aleisha Khan) - Amar (Ajay Choudhary) of Behenein
We are talking about Behenein's lead pair Purva-Amar. Audiences love their pair which is quite visible by the growing popularity of the show as it has reached on no. 3 rank on Star Plus channel.

Mihir (Sudeep Sahir) - Smriti (Shiju Kataria) of Behenen
This Jodi is from the new show Behenein, Mihir's character is played by Sudeep Sahir and he is a fabulous actor. This Jodi is also loved by the audiences, especially the caring and loving husband Mihir Sanghvi is.

source: indya.com
sattvik thumbnail
Which shows will get affected during IPL?

Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

They are the ever-popular soap operas which have been enjoying healthy TRPs, but come March 12th, these very shows will face stiff competition from IPL's brand of 'cricketainment' which took the country by storm since the last two years. In the wake of the lurking threat on the TV horizon, we take a look at the shows that are going to be affected by the IPL.

Behenein
Producer of the show J.D.Majetia says, "We know that IPL is coming and our slot 8.30 pm is one of the weakest timeslot and we are making a harder twist so that our fans' minds wont distract from the four sisters."

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Which-shows-will-get-affected-during-IPL&aid=1542
sattvik thumbnail

Behenein team is shooting for 20 hours

Star Plus' show Behenein is getting popularity and the credit for this goes to the entire Behenein team, who is working hard to get into the no. 1 slot as they don't have bank episodes.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Kashmera-identifies-with-Pratigya-show&aid=1545