Celebrity Fan Clubs

Mahesh Babu Fan Club~~*Dookudu gala*

Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
It happens very rarely (especially in Telugu Cinema) that a dashing, charming and naturally handsome guy turns up on the big screen and rivets us, not because of his looks but because of his sheer presence which exudes charisma and charms us with his surprisingly restraint, refreshingly understated performance. Ghattamaneni Mahesh Babu (MB) or Prince, as he is fondly called by his fans has revolutionized Telugu Cinema, in a cinema where audience were constantly fed a staple diet of OTT fights, heavy duty sentiments and usually slapstick humor with heroes spouting and shouting threatening dialogues, in came MB and totally spun the stereotype on its head, while keeping the commercial elements in the movies intact.  He speaks very less as his eyes do the job for him and when he speaks boy do his audience sit up and listen or what! Mahesh is an intense actor who can make girls love the action cinema genre and guys, the romance genre, he can appeal to the mass audience and the multiplex audience equally. Kids, pre-teens, teens, adults,middle-aged, old,  men, women, girls, boys, Indians, NRIs and almost all Telugu/South Indian cinema fans are floored by this man (SRK once said MB is probably a bigger star than him, when almost every contestant from Andhra Pradesh who went to play KBC answered "Mahesh Babu" to his questions about their favorite actor). 👏 👏

Mashesh Babu (MB) has his natural and unique style and never tries to ape or follow any set trend, he is someone who can make a simple formal shirt coupled with a casual jeans a style statement. He can romance his heroines without even touching them (he is every Telugu girl's dream man , in fact they even made a movie with the subject as the lead character's crush on Mahesh Babu and the story revolving around it); he generates witty humor out of simple lines just through his dialogue delivery . William Shakespeare said "brevity is the soul of wit" in Hamlet, one would know exactly what that means when they hear MB's punching understatements in his movies. Some of his sassy lines and one-liners from his film Pokiri include -

"Okka saari commit aithe naa maata nene vinanu" (Meaning - "Once I commit, I don't even listen to myself")

"Eppudu vacchama annadi kaadu annayya bullet digindaa ledaa" (Meaning - "It does not matter when we come, has the bullet lodged itself in or not, that matters ")

"Evadu kodithe dimma tirigi mind block avvuddo, vaade Pandu...nene...cheppu " (Meaning  - "If your mind gets blocked after being hit by him, then he is  Pandu, *hits the guy who asks the question* that would be me, wassup? ")       

Even Amitabh Bacchan was fascinated by MB's performance in Pokiri and congratulated him personally. Needless to say, using his lines in normal conversations is a must follow trend in AP. Coming to the looks department , what can I say except that he is thoroughly gifted -standing above 6ft, with milky fair complexion, screen illuminating smile and well carved facial features, he does not believe in "fitness" trends and maintaining a "six-pack or eight-pack physique" but he is lean and has no flab , which also gives him the guy next door appeal despite his incredibly good looks. 

MB doesn't care a damn about the routine cinema trends, loves to experiment with his films and show variety to his audience.
There is a song in one of his movies which goes "Nindu chandrudu oka vaipu, chukkalu oka vaipu, nenu okkadini oka vaipu ee lokam oka vaipu", the lines  literally mean "Full moon in the sky stands on one side and all the stars stand on the other side, I stand on one side and the rest of the world stands on the other side", which perfectly describes his position in the Telugu film industry amongst his peers and in his audience's hearts.

MB keeps his personal life strictly to himself, doesn't overtly publicize himself, gives only sufficient number of  interviews, mingles well with his fans, makes no controversial statements and easily commands his fans' respect off the screen as well.

MB is the biggest brand ambassador in Andhra Pradesh (celebrity branding is a trend which is not so common in South India) and he comfortably beats all his peers to it. It is safe to say that MB's charm and what he brings to the screen with his presence and his performance is insuperable.   As cliched as this line is, it is perfectly apt to describe Mahesh Babu's hold on his audience -  "He came, he saw and he conquered"

I have written so much about this guy, I will now paste a picture of him and everyone will understand what I mean -

I will not write the routine stuff about his life, his DOB and the films he has acted in as that information can be acquired from Google.  I will just post some of his pictures and my all time favorite video clips of the scenes from his movies.

What do we do in here? Obviously gush and obsess over him and his films, learn about his upcoming movies and future projects, watch the videos of some of his scenes and discuss his acting at length while recommending some of his movies to each other and also publicizing him to the people who are unaware 😆.   

Coming to recommendations, I personally recommend these movies of Mahesh Babu to those who are interested in watching them (YT has videos of almost all these movies with English subtitles for those who cannot understand Telugu) -

Athadu (MUST MUST MUST WATCH)
Okkadu (Must watch)
Pokiri
Murari

His performance still charms us even in his not so impressive movies.

I can go on and on and on about MB but if everything is written in the Introductory post itself, we will have nothing to discuss in this FC 😆

I am just trying to bring all MB fans on I-F under one place to discuss him. I would like to give a warm welcome to all  I-F MB fans into this FC 🤗

Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bazinga thumbnail
Pictures of Mahesh Babu/MB -

https://im.rediff.com/movies/2006/nov/29poster.jpg

http://desivideos.net/images/wp-10nani800.jpg

Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 14 years ago
Bazinga thumbnail
Videos of my MOST favorite scene from one of MB's movies-

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNYgTiE9PFA[/YOUTUBE]

This is the continuation of the above scene (first 3-4 minutes of the video)-

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXM8ID0mKFM[/YOUTUBE]

Another MIND BLOWING scene , Mahesh at his best -

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUL_mOirJOU[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 14 years ago
kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
🥳 🥳 🥳
congrats on the first TC of the Prince charming

i'm more than delighted 2 join

@kavya - i would never need such a formal invitation 2 join here... if expected ..."Kavya, i opened MB's FC... SO come n join" sort of invitation.... i would have come flying frm my inbox 2 here (not, it's not a joke.... i dont have such bad sense of humour)

anyway... will b back here 2morow mrng or 2 nyt, if my energy permits... will read the intro then

i need 2 rush 2 my cls now... my evenings are not mine anymore.... bye

i'll check out for other MB fans in my buddy list n i'll PM them...k?

Edited by kavya.b - 14 years ago
Bazinga thumbnail
Kavya- welcome to the FC, I am looking forward to your views on the introduction then.

Abhi 🤗🤗🤗 It's been SO LONG, how are you? Caro told me you were also an MB fan

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
there u go

and here i am

love okkadu

athadu

pokkiri

strangely i even liked the few scenes or arjun that i have seen :P

he is good! too good!
Bazinga thumbnail
Woot woot! MB FC is GROWING!

MB's character in Arjun was good and he did a good job but it's the outdated sister-brother sentiment concept which did not click with the audience.

Sainikudu is an interesting concept and MB was good in it too (i.e when he had good scenes) but the UNREAL fights and too much of action with lesser substance made the movie boring, the director did not even use MB's prowess well enough to save the movie, same with Atithi although in this case, the concept also wasn't great. My friend said "the director got too excited that MB agreed to do his movie and in his excitement , he could not understand how to utilize MB to make his movie a success" , after watching the movie and I agree with him LOL.

Caro, have you seen Murari? I think MB made the BEST PAIR with Sonali Bendre - they just rocked the screen together and had awesome chemistry, till date no heroine could match up to his chemistry with Sonali Bendre in Murari. And you know, he almost never played a flirt in any of his movies and he isn't shown flirting with girls or running after them like a loafer in any of his movies which is great.  
Batameez. thumbnail
hi guyz me too joining in ..but will be less active till march 30 or april 7 ...
I too like mahesh babu not much  but i do
Bazinga thumbnail
Hi Sara, you are welcome here :)
kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i'm back

i've read the introductory post, it has every single detail abt his talent n skills... i didn't know abt SRK applauding MB

i'm waiting for Kaleja...he's paired with Anushka ... ryt?
they will look great with each other