Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan & Shri Krishna CC#2 DONE!(Page 94)

Posted: 2010-02-10T04:08:49Z
Hey guys posting interview of Arunji frm MID DAy (25 sep, 2009)Tongue

Wah Wah Ramji!

By: Kumar Saurav   Date:  2009-09-25   Place: Delhi

Arun Govil talks about life before and after Ramayana

How did a small-town guy from Meerut become Lord Ram?
I never grew up dreaming about films or television. Mine was not a filmy background. My father was a government officer, so the safest bet for me would have been to become a babu.

How did you get into serials?
In 1975 I moved to Mumbai, but to start my own business. Somehow, it didn't materialise but since I was in Mumbai, I asked to myself, "Why not acting?"

Did Ramanand Sagar approach you to play Ram's role ?
I did. I was already working with the Sagar camp for Vikram Betal.  In 1984 when the mythological series was being planned for telly, I told them about my intentions to play the lead. I even auditioned for it.

It would have been a straight "yes"?
No, I was rejected. Instead, I was asked to play Bharat, Laxman or Shatrughan. But i got the lead role.

Since the impact of your role was huge, can you sight some strange encounters?

When I walked in public, they tried to touch me, cried if I looked at them, some even tried to feel if I am human. One day, a lady came to me with his ailing baby and kept him on my feet. She said, "Aap hi ise theek kar sakte ho. Aap to bhagwaan ho."  She wasn't ready to believe that I am human.

0 Likes this
Posted: 2010-02-10T04:46:48Z
plz add me in the fc plz
0 Likes this
Posted: 2010-02-10T08:59:44Z
Originally posted by khushi909

plz add me in the fc plz

Welcome to this CC Khushi!Hug We are very glad to have you here!

Will def add you, so tell us more about yourself.Big smile Have you watched Ramayan, Shri Krishna, or both? What are some of your favorite scenes and songs?

Hoping to get to know you better!
-Lalitha
0 Likes this
Posted: 2010-02-10T09:12:01Z
@Lola

Thanks a bunch for liking the Deepika siggie, Lolakshi (thought of another nickname for you.....like it?Wink)! So sweet of you! Yeah, she looked like an angel in those pics, though I kind of liked her 90s clothing, thought they were pretty.LOL

Aww, you're very welcome, can't wait for more sigs! Hope you enjoy your free day and make use of it by bringing forth gorgeous creations.Big smile Soon you'll be the Lord Brahma of our CC, the creator of magnifico sigs.Wink The pic update is awesome! You captured some really superb expressions on our cutie pie princess sisters.Star I esp love Urmi and Srutakirti's giggling expressions on the bed.LOL And of course, bubbly cheerful Mandavi brings an instant smile to your face, as well as shy lovely Sitaji.

@Sita

Thanks a bunch for your sweet compliments, Sita. You are truly one of the nicest sweetest people on IF!Hug I'm glad you enjoyed the info on Saint Tyagaraja, will post more interesting stories on him soon.Big smile
I always enjoy your creations so much, I hope you do post more soon!WinkEmbarrassed

@Gunia

Yaaaaay, you're back, my shweet shweet lil sis!Dancing I'm so sorry to hear about your comp, but it's great that everything's fixed now.Star
Aww, thanks a bunch for liking all the sigs, you're too sweet! Many hugs to you!Hug Thanks a bunch for the gulab jamuns, very delicious!Tongue
And it's sooooo nice of you to think of me as an inspiration, thanks!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed 
Your new creation is so beautiful! SiyaRam look gorgeous in the lovely background, keep up the superb work!Clap
Thanks for the Arun Govil interview, it was very interesting to read! He was truly destined to play Lord Ramji, or else how'd have he been chosen if he'd been rejected initially? I think all the 4 bros were perfect for their roles, no one else would have fit in their place.Embarrassed
0 Likes this
Posted: 2010-02-10T10:09:27Z
Hey guys! Hug
Thanx Lalitha Di for d ever great responses!Embarrassed Yuuup U inspire me aloooooooooooooooooot! 
But guys wanna tell U that my comp z not perfectly alrigt.....so m very upset abt it! ecoz its really hard to live without such great n gfantastic freinds like UEmbarrassed Duno what z d problem with d Internet, but d server  down most of d time! Really upset abt it!Broken Heart
0 Likes this
Posted: 2010-02-10T10:10:54Z
I'm sorry to hear that Gunia. Maybe one of the programs you downloaded is not safe? Sometimes some downloads carry viruses, so make sure any site you use or any download program is perfectly safe before using.
0 Likes this
Posted: 2010-02-10T10:51:49Z
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

plz add me in the fc plz

Will def add you, so tell us more about yourself.Big smile Have you watched Ramayan, Shri Krishna, or both? What are some of your favorite scenes and songs?

-Lalitha
thnx dear
yes i do watch them n jab bhi aati hai dekhti hoon infact i hv dvds of them wenever i get time i watch them n i just love watching the two Smile
every scene is my fav each song is alwayz on my lips
0 Likes this
Posted: 2010-02-10T12:08:42Z

Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

plz add me in the fc plz

-Lalitha
thnx dear
yes i do watch them n jab bhi aati hai dekhti hoon infact i hv dvds of them wenever i get time i watch them n i just love watching the two Smile
every scene is my fav each song is alwayz on my lips

Wow, that's awesome! You're totally right, both Ramayan and SK are irrepleceable despite the 'modern age' of today's society.Big smile
0 Likes this