Sabki Jodi Wohi Banaata Bhagyavidhaata

~Rules & Regulations for BVD Forum~

smartc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

As more & more members are joining our Bhagyavidhaata (short form: BVD) forum, its high time that we put up some Rules & Regulations pertaining to the forum. Please try to follow these rules so that we can make our forum better.

Below are the Dev Team Members of BVD, in case you want to contact them:

Viewbie: smartc (aka Sana) 

Forum Updaters: -Nipun97- (Videobie)

cimba (Coolbies)

Note: Please take a look at I-F Codes of Conduct for getting familiarized with the forum's essential guidelines.

Below are Rules for BVD forum:

Moderation: Not everyone on Dev Team is a moderator. Coolbies and Videobies do not fall under the category of Moderation as they only provide updates. The Moderation chain ladder is as follows: Viewbie > Moderator > Channel Moderator. Your first contact would be the section's Viewbie or Moderator as they will take care of day to day activities on the forum. If you have complaints regarding moderation those can be sent directly to CMs, but any other issues must be brought to the attention of Viewbies first. In case if any members feels that a warning being given is not justified or there is an error then please pm the DT member, but do not argue on the respective post and cause disruption. If you are not satisfied with the answer then please direct the concerns to CMs. (Credit: Gaganjot.S)

Introduce Yourself: As new members are joining BVD section, I would request members who are new to the section to introduce them in Introduce Yourself thread. You are free to make posts in the forum and post your comments on threads as long as the code of conduct of I-F is not neglected 😛 ~ Please feel free to also post about your thoughts and comments on the episodes of the show under the Daily Episode Analysis Thread (more details below) as most members discuss the show there 😊 ~

Organizing Contest/Activities: If you want to organize any contests/activities in the section, please consult with the Dev Team & take their permission. Don't post any contests or conduct any activities without taking Dev Team's permission.

New Topics: Before posting a new topic, check a few pages before to ensure that the topic has already not been posted or else, your topic would be deleted or closed.

No Update Requests: Please be patient. Do not create topics asking for written/video/picture updates. The updates will be posted as per the Updater's convenience.

Updating: If you want to do written/video update for BVD on any particular day, then please PM the respective updater a day in advance & take their permission so that the updaters efforts don't go in vain. Anyone posting the updates without permission his/her post will be trashed.

No Advertising: Videos from other forums/websites containing the website logos are not allowed. Such topics will be trashed & a PM will be send.  If you continue to do so, then your warning level will be raised.

Also posting links from I-F in other forums is strictly prohibited.

No Personal Attacks/Bashing: I-F is a free forum & everyone has a right to put in their views/thoughts but one should see to it that his/her comments do not hurt anyone else. Do not use offensive or foul words. Abusing any actor/member, passing comments on physical features of any celebrity or doing any direct or indirect personal attack on member is strictly prohibited. Bashing up any actor/member is against I-F codes & conducts.

If we find any member bashing up or instigating fights in the forum, a warning PM will be sent & if they continue to do so, then their warning level will be raised.

No Comments: Do not post replies or comments under topics that bear the phrase 'No Comments' in its title or within the post. As the title suggests, it is not meant to be replied. If you wish to comment or reply or thank the author, you may PM the author of the post or hit the Like button.

Posting Email Address of Stars: Accounts or email address of stars is not allowed to be posted or revealed. Also, posting your email address on open forum is not allowed.

Posting Articles: Before posting any article, please check the current page on the forum and a few pages before to ensure that it has not been posted before. I-F has launched its own news hub Telly Buzz. We are now in direct competition with Indian Television & Telly Chakkar. See to it you do not post articles from these two websites. Do not post articles from Telly Buzz directly on forum. Provide link to the article. Provide the source of the articles posted from other website.

Consecutive Replies: We often see members replying individually to 5-6 replies. This is considered spamming. Please use @ format to reply. Once in a while it's fine but not always. Avoid doing so.

Topics of Comparison: Please refrain yourself from creating topics that may lead into fights. Topics like 'who is better suited for the role' or 'which show is better' or 'who looks good' etc. will be closed down.

No Chatting/Spamming: Refrain yourself from chatting/spamming on the forum. Don't start your personal chats in threads opened for various subjects/discussion topics. Please try to stick to the topic title when posting replies. If you want to chat, you are welcome to create a separate thread in Chat Club section.

Emoticons: Do not type message or post reply full of emoticons only. Emoticons are used to emphasize how you feel when words alone aren't enough. They serve as 'add-ons' to your message BUT it doesn't mean that you are to type a whole line of Emoticons alone, without a single word or phrase (e.g.😃)! Messages containing only emoticons will be deleted.

Quoting Posts/Members: Don't quote long posts especially when it messes up the coding which makes it look bad. If you want to reply to someone, then use the @ format like @A:  , @B: & so on.

Posting your Creations: We already have a beautiful Creations Corner opened in the section where comments on the creations are allowed. Please use this topic to post any signatures/avatars related with BVD forum.

For Video Mixes, you can go ahead and make a general new topic for collection of all your video mixes. Continue posting any new video mixes there as well as post a copy under the Creations Corner. Organization is the key here so this way, we will not have loads of topics opening up just for a new video mix. I will quote my thread as an example HERE.

Using Signatures: As per the rule, a member is allowed to use three signatures of regular size i.e 600 * 400 pixels. A total of 3 signatures are allowed, with only 1 of them being animated. 3-4 Signatures stacked together will not be counted as 1. Do not use wallpaper size signature in your signature. To know more in details you can read Rules & Regulations Pertaining to Signatures.

Daily Episode Discussion Thread: It has been observed that similar topics of discussion are posted after every episode is aired. So it has been decided to start a separate topic where all the discussion/views/thoughts regarding the episode will be posted. Please continue to use this thread for daily discussions of the episodes of the show.

By this way we can find everyone's thought about the episode under one thread thereby making the forum look more organized. All the Discussions about the episode will be closed down or moved to Daily Episode Analysis Section.

Archive Mansion: This is a thread wherein you will find all the important links like update archives, contests, DOTWs, fanfics, etc. You can check Archive Mansion to find important links related to the show.

Use Like Button: Every often we see members posting thanks or tfs or one liner instead of using the Like button. The Like feature has come in place of Thank You feature so that spamming could be alleviated. Saying thanks, tfs, etc constitutes as spamming. If you have nothing more to say apart from thanks, then you can thank using Like button.

Query/Help Desk: If you have any suggestion/queries regarding the show/section then please post it in the Help Desk: Suggestions/Queries Here!! thread.

BVD Media/Audio Center: In this thread you will find link to all the ripped audio tunes, scenes, video mixes, etc. The thread can be found HERE.

Typing in CAPS LOCK: Please do not write in Cap Locks. If you continue to do so it will result in a Warning Level (WL) Increase.

Reporting Topics: If you find any topic/reply that is offensive/can lead to any kind of fight or breaking any rules, then you can PM any Dev Team Member or report the topic using this button (which is on the left side just besides Quote button).

Warning Level Procedure:  Dev Team will keep a running list of members, who will continue to break rules.

1. Verbal warning
2. PM warning from Dev Team
3. WL Increase.
4. Lead to possible Ban.

If for some reason you do not agree with the warning you have received in your topic then you need to PM the Moderator/Viewbie who warned you instead of starting an argument in the forum. If you are not satisfied with the reply given by the DT members then you may take up your issue with the Channel Moderators. However, absolutely no arguments on the forum as that will lead to a direct increase in your warning level.

If you have any doubts/suggestions/objections regarding anything then feel free to PM me, i.e., smartc.

Regards,

Sana/smartc~ (BVD Dev Team).

Edited by smartc - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raee_Salvatore thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hi sana thanx 4 posting the rules btw concerning the creations section shud we post our Videomixes there too or can we post it separately in another topic???
smartc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@ Raee: You're most welcome hun :) Well, for the video mixes, that is quite a nice thought. Yes, please go ahead and post them in the Creations Corner so that others can reply to them as well. As a matter of fact, you are allowed to make a separate thread for your video mixes so that you can get a response right away. If you continue to make mixes in future, I would urge you to use the same thread and keep adding the new ones there. Also, add a copy to the Creations Corner so that we can have a link available there as well.

Hope this clarifies any doubts.

Cheers,
Sana~
Mona_Maurya thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Sana yaar...i want Media/Audio center to be a combo place of all audio, main leads special videos. Videomixes, & any other media related post to be there..but there are many post ...so i need my any post to be shifted from it's position as second post so i can add above links there & will update them time to time...Also if that not possible that could u plzz remove all the comments from there so i can continue my work with second post...although i had posted all requests so i don't think we need any comments... sorry if i made confused to u...Let me know if u didn't get what i want to say... 😛

Edit: Answered you already on this one 😉 ~ No further concerns noted! Sana~
Edited by smartc - 14 years ago