Metti Oli game #9: C’s wife & life

MettiOli thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Yep. C talks a little about his wife when Meenakshi dies.

Guess how their life would have been. Based on other couples in the serial so far, opposites have truly attracted each other (except maybe Bose). Was their case also the same? What if C's wife was a rakshashi and turned him into a hen pecked one? Is he docile because of his marital experience???

Give your guesses (the funnier the better) along with imaginary episodes.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MettiOli thumbnail

Nagi: Actually C says that she was very docile etc.
But just for fun,if we speculate that she was a Rakshasi---
Then we can really go overboard with all kinds of funny stories... What say you all??Let us try our hand at a new story for C.

RojaPoo: my guess is that she had not much time to herself - she must have been a nithya garbini!!! look at the age differences of all
the daughters - kind of an yr or 2 apart only!!! and she died when bhavani was an infant - poor thing must have been so engrossed in getting pregnant and delivering - C calling her docile could be true - idippile onnu and vayathile onnunna , pavam enna strength irukkum avalukku??

Nagi: That was real funny "R" Very true. Avar sonnapo ellaam thalayaattindu,pethundu irundhirukkaa!!! No time for anything else I guess. I am sure "C" was the same old tharagar then also and so would not have had much to spend on the kids--Ofcourse,Dhanam is fat despite that
Chummaa--ellaamey tamaasudhaan!!!

MO: Maybe C's wife was like Viji - always a chidu moonji. She 'molded' him into submission and brain washed him into accepting avamaanams as part of life.

MettiOli thumbnail

Siva: Episode -250
I was thinking about the beginning scenes where Chidambaram and his wife tieing the knot...followed by Manikkam's father and Rajam, Jayamani and Meenakshi, followed by Gopi's father and his mother...

All the couples were friends and some of them related very distantly.

There is a function in Gopi's house (grahaprevesam of Gopi's dilapidated house).
Chidambaram's wife (can we call her Sivagami? make guess for her looks) being preanant with Saro and Dhanam in hand coming to Chennai for buying saree at old days Nalli. Rajam with her husband (looking like Natarajan mostly? can we call him Somasundaram?) come to same shop. Rajam and Sivagami happened to eye same sari (which is the last one saree available for 50% discount). Chidambaram asks Sivagami to give up. For some reason, I do not think Sivagami is as docile as C...she would not like to give up and finally plays some trick to take the saree for herself making it appearing as if both did not have the saree. Rajam, though very hyper tensed person, I think is not street smart and loses. Somasundaram (30% Selvam, 30% Manikkam and 30% Nirmala in nature) slaps (are you feeling happy of Rajam getting slaps!)Rajam for not fighting properly for the saree. Rajam thinks Sivagami did not have the saree either...The next day they meet at Gopi's house grahaprevesam...when Rajam sees Sivagami in that saree, she creates a scene Chidambaram asks Sivagami to give the saree to Rajam and aks her to wear some saree from Gopi's house Gopi's mother (unlike Gopi, but more like his sister and brother, can we call her Gomathi?)) shows her bad face ("indha chidambaram eppavume naama veetila irundhu ethavathu kidaikkuma enru parthukkitte iruppan) and refuses give her saree for Sivagami. Savagami leaves the scene hurriedly (in a worry that Chidambaram may ask her to wear Gopi's father's Pants and shirt and give the saree to Rajam)...Rajam feels ashamed and defeated and takes a vow "Unnai pazhi vangarathu eppadinu enakku nalla theriyum...un vayitril irukkum indha kuzhandaikku (assuming it is girl) en paiyanai kalyanam cheithu, avalai paduthukiren paar....."

episode -250 THODARUM .....(one of you can continue from here)

MettiOli thumbnail

MO: Missing minor details:

1) The thanana song every time C is shown.
2) C's wife is not wearing any mettis. She has some knee problem, so in those early days the story was called mutti vali.
3) well, Saro is actually the elder kid (remember paati's logic), so the kid in the hand is actually Bose, Sivagami's brother.
4) Bose pokes Maniks in the eye. Rajam gets angry, but when Bose gives 4 annas to her, she calms down and finds out if he has more.
5) Yes, C is wearing pants those days. As he gets more daughters, his attire goes from king to pandaram.

RojaPoo: Siva, one small correction - C's wife's name is Tamilselvi - remember Bose wanting to name his kid after his sister - C laughs and says that even he has forgotten her name!! The best part of yr story is Rajam getting beaten up, oh boy!! since R's husband beat her in front of others and spoiled the manam of the kudumbam, Rajam poisoned his food and killed him immdly after Gopi's house warming fuction - the plan was to later tell and brainwash Manickam asto how she suffered to bring him up and how he has to always stay as amma kondu.
anyways back to C's wife - she came back to A.kulam and got busy with another kid - Saro as a kid watched all this and thought about how docile she has to be when she grows up - see what she is today - it all goes back to those days - talk about upbringing!!! Dhanam on the other hand , started collecting words of abuse and used them judiciously later - she did talk about "seruppu adi" to rajam !!! will think about this more and spin some improbable details by this evening!!!

MettiOli thumbnail

MO: Anyway, it's fun to speculate on things that won't be confirmed in the serial. While we are doing this, can we guess the professions of Jayamani and Kathiresan (there were no mentions, I think) ?

I think Jayamani started his life as a nadamadum isthiri man. Meenakshi would dutifuly fold clothes for him.

RojaPoo: sure why not?? Jeyamani, acc. to me must have been a school teacher - look at his sedate talks - like making the students take a nice little nap in his class - he is a nice guy too, wont disturb even if they slept, dont forget the lectures also - always falling on deaf ears!!! as for his wife , well her life would have been full of running behind the loosu ravi - must be hitting all the girls in his sight with jalli kallu and this woman must have gone around making peace!!!

about Kathiresan - i dont have any doubts about his profession - he was a dosai master in some kaiyenthi bhavan - i believe Kaiyenthi bhavans make the best dosais!!! his wife is lakshman's sister - he is thai maama first and goes on to marry eswari - thats how i understand from the way they talk - very confusing , calling everyone maama - roja dont digress from the issue - poor kathiresan had to deal with 2 lakshmans at some point in his life - he goes to sorgam directly - has had enough naragam in the boologam!! where do u think kumar's culinary skills come from?? sure from his dad!!

MettiOli thumbnail

MO: RojaPoo - there is a strong evidence that Rajam didn't kill her husband the same evening. Guess what?

RojaPoo: sure can - if she killed him the same night, selvam and nirmala will have questionable parentage!!! but wait, the way selvam behaves like a mahathma, he could be of an immaculate conception - kind of too true to be human - humanoid??!!! about nirmala, she could be a clone of rajam - talk about advancement of science in MO!!!

Nagi thumbnail
 How I wish Ravi was 🤢 so that Selvam the Mahatma,regains some of his lost romantic moods and goes for it with leela.😈
rojapoo thumbnail
Nagi, once bitten twice shy - L would much rather run away from men than marrying once again , i guess. even if she does this ravi will come as "aavi" and torture L - dont underestimate that guy!!!
rojapoo thumbnail

want to go back to the "guessing professions " game. what was santhosh's father?? some kind of a food taster in a hotel - he has a good sense of combos with reg to food - remember how he wanted Nirmala to cook for him when santhosh was away?? my guess is that Rajam, with her prowess in poisoning  foods - the guy being a food maniac - easily poisoned his payasam and got rid of him from the serial!!! Kumar was a housemaid ( wish i could get someone with his calibre) for raji chellam - look how beautifully he combines household chores with some head showing in the garment factory!! he is his father's son - dosai master did a great job of passing on his skills!!!

Siva thumbnail

If it is not already said....I think Manikkam's father would have been a badly performed Kalyana Tharagar....because

1. Selvam and Manikkam speak a lot about marrige; Any wedding is a big issue in their house

2. Manikkam gets over enthuciastic about marriage allainces (and mostly mistaken), I guess he got that trait from his dad.

3. Rajam gets too sensitive to any marriage talk (either she likes or dislikes it) and takes it to the pinnacle of emotion and ultimately gets ecstatic.

4. The word 'tharagar' itself makes Rajam badly sentimental...reason could be that her husband was a tharagar for wedding...by talking low of tharagars, I think she gets the happiness in return for the illtreatment she received from her husband

5. I saw lots of folded papers - jadhaga (horroscope) kattu in the kitchen attic

6. Marriages made by him failed badly, that they chased them from Trichy to madras.