Basera Ending-Confirmed....All Discussion here!!!

Posted: 14 years ago

• NDTV Imagine's celebration of parenthood Basera is all set to go off air…
    NDTV Imagine and Sagar Arts' Basera has been shown the exit door.

According to our source, "Since a month back, seeing the appalling state of TRPs, the show was under the scanner. The budget of the show, thanks to the huge star cast was very high and was not giving good returns with the TRPs. The production house
    and channel had a meeting and came to a conclusion that if the show could cut down on budget then they would allow it sustenance for a few more months but on a different time slot, which is why authorities kept denying reports of Basera going off air inspite of Raaz- Pichle Janam Ka promos showing that it would be aired in Basera's time slot of 9:30pm. But seems like the solution was not feasible."

The source adds, "Another problem was that the TRPs were good only when Ram Kapoor and Pallavi Subhash were focused. When Priya Bhatija and Amit Jain's love-story took over, the ratings dropped. Maybe audiences wanted more focus on the original concept of the show- 'children turning against their parents'. To top this, the saving grace of the show Ram Kapoor had date problems from 5th December as he is the host for Rahul Ka Swayamvar which has its sets outside Mumbai. So obviously, Ram couldn't afford to shuttle back and forth. He needed a definite break from Basera. This means the creatives had to manage with a parallel track. But with the shows TRP hopes pinned solely on Ram, the channel didn't think Basera would improve at all in Ram's absence. All this finally made the channel back-off from running the show."

So now the decision has been made to chuck Basera. The tentative date scheduled for the show to go off air 4th is December.

Guys since Basera is ending ...this is confirmed.... we all can discuss it in one place here.... Hopefully you all dont have any objection on it....
😊
"I m more then happy that now a lot of people will acknowledge Ram Kapoors worth"
I will miss u keshu , but Ram move on for the best in life as a lot of good things are still stored for u so move on with a smile..............
will be waiting to see u in swayamvaar 2
Originally posted by gola_z

"I m more then happy that now a lot of people will acknowledge Ram Kapoors worth"
I will miss u keshu , but Ram move on for the best in life as a lot of good things are still stored for u so move on with a smile..............
will be waiting to see u in swayamvaar 2

Ram truely made the character what it is today... RK did a fab job as keshu.... now will have to wait for his movies and swayamvar-2
so it really is going of air?
its sad cos the story was starting ok from the beginning but they just dragged it a bit tooooooooooooooooooooooooo much 
It  is sad to see a show about unusual subject going off air so soon.

Ram & most of actors were good. Wish they had opportunity to show their talent more.

will miss u pallu :(((((((((((

saba
Originally posted by MeghaSRKLover

so it really is going of air?

ya even Ram kapoor confirmed it on his facebook account.....
Originally posted by bakri

its sad cos the story was starting ok from the beginning but they just dragged it a bit tooooooooooooooooooooooooo much 

ya the creatives couldont handle the sensitive concept and subject...

they had a bunch of talented actors like Ram and pallavi.... but sadly they couldnot execute it well.....
I'll definately miss KK and their jhula moments and their flashback scenes! Those were one of the best parts of Basera!