India Calling

Concept /archieved articles & Rules(imp)

sumit.savla thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Concept of the show :

Set against the backdrop of a leading call center, India Calling is the story about Chandni, a young town girl from Jalandhar. She has an older sister - Manisha Kapur who is in Mumbai. Chandni stays with her beeji and parents Meera and Ranjit Kapur. It so happens that this simple, but confident girl lands up at Mumbai in search of her sister.

The fast pace of city life and the hep crowd are something new to her! Circumstances also force her to a job at India Calling, a leading call centre owned by Aditya. Aditya is the city slicker, the snob whose grandpa, Virender Khanna owns the call centre. He has an elder brother, Vishesh who is married to Kamini. The story then takes us through Chandni's life at India Calling and her relationship with Aditya.

There are also some key characters at the call centre like Prashant (team leader), Varun, Smitha, Kabir, Reshma, Namrata, 'Taxi' Patil (driver) and Tyson (the security head) who will spice up and give a realistic picture of the organization.

India Calling starts November 14, 2005, Monday-Thursday at 9:30 PM only on STAR One!

Rules and regulations  (IMP)

I am very excited to announce that our section is increasing in pages and is getting popular day by day, with new members coming in. So a big round of applause to all of us👏.But very often I see the topics/posts being repeated. So here are some guidelines 

1. Ensure that the article / photo has not been shared already, and each pic should be posted in pic. gallery as well and then make a speperate post for comments!

2. Don't post links to other sites. You can't use PM either. No Advertising!

3. Don't post any comments on the sticky updates and photo gallery as it hinders the continuity.

4. The updaters are doing a great job by providing us with great written and video updates. I request all the members to be patient as the updates will be posted in the evening or by next day morning and if any queries bout the video updates then plzz pm the updater.

One Warning will be given, Next time such posts will be trashed!! 

5. Don't use unappropriate language in your posts, such posts will be deleated.

6. Don't use caps lock, such post will be trashed after one warning.

7. Don't make posts regarding your status like if you become senior member or goldie etc plzz dun make a post about that.

8.  Seperate posts is been made for introduction for the new members. plz introduce your self there and don't make a separate post.

9. Post comments on the updates when you get it. Our updaters put a lot of effort in updating the episodes so their efforts should be appreciated. (This is not a rule but a request)

Please feel free to give your suggestions also and cooperate.

Thanks and Regards

Moderator (IF Team)

Edited by hetal - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aniruddhc thumbnail
thnx a lot bout telling me!!!!!!!!!
1 n only-rajeev thumbnail
thanx for tis...nw i need to go..rajeev calling 😆
komalsirwani thumbnail
i think it will be a nice show. 😳 bye the way thanxxxxxx 😳 😳
sumit.savla thumbnail
These are important characters of d show ....

Chandni Kapoor: Aged 20, she is traditional, determined, self reliant, bubbly, and righteous. She comes to India Calling in search of her missing sister, Manisha and falls in love with Aditya. Endears herself to people with her simplicity and her small-town innocence. She truly believes that its "cool to be an Indian".

Aditya Khanna: Aged 25, he is the rich spoilt brat who is dismissive, brash and aggressive, but has a heart of gold. Kamini encourages his wayward ways so that she can run India Calling her way. The most significant incident in his life is his heartbreak. He is passionate about photography, but it has taken a backseat at the moment

Kamini Khanna: The manipulative, sweetly sarcastic, ambitious and control freak who has married Vishesh for the 'Khanna' money. She pampers Aditya, so she can control him. She is also sweet to Vishesh, but 'love' has no meaning for her. She has taken over the household and runs the business, because Vishesh travels on business a lot.

Virender Khanna: The Govt. servant who has brought up Vishesh and Aditya after their parents died. He dislikes his bahu Kamini, who treats him disrespectfully when his grandchildren are not around. He realises that she has a stronghold on Aditya and is responsible for spoiling him rotten. Together with Beeji, he plays cupid between Aditya and Chandni.

Lajjoji (Beeji): Chandni's grandmother; traditional but worldly wise, has home remedies for every problem, instills Indian values in India Calling. Beware, beeji is also aware of global news and changing culture. Eternal romantic, she showers her fundas of love!
Edited by sumit.savla - 18 years ago
hetal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i like vipul....and he looks good in promos too....thanks for sharing with us....
hetal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
at first thought when i heard the name i was like maybe its about india....place in india or culture but its a drama.... 😆
moondownstars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i liked angad and now i think i will like aditya also 😆
sumit.savla thumbnail
Article :- I'm a flirt'

Sudipto Chattopadhyay
Sunday, November 13, 2005  17:57 IST

Vipul Gupta, who is doing films and television simultaneously, talks about all work and all play.

Are you anxious about how 'India Calling' will fare?
Not at all! After having done 'K Street Pali Hill' and two feature films, Hansal Mehta's 'Anjaan' and Red Ice's 'Saturday Night', where does the question of feeling nervous arise?

Why have you returned to TV when you have graduated to films?

It's not a comeback; rather I am doing films and television simultaneously. TV is no longer the poor country cousin of cinema. When Mr Bachchan can do TV why not me? But one has to be selective about what one does.

What is special about 'India Calling'?

It's a fantastic subject dealing with the contemporary social reality of call-centres. Mine is an unusual character. Mark my words this show will rock! It is far removed from the saas-bahu clichs.

Is it true that you were selected from 400 aspirants?
I am very thankful to my producer, Shristi Arya, for that. The other aspirants were good too. But I guess my USP was my effortless performance. My father always said, "If you want something badly, go for it and it'll be yours!" I wanted to play Aditya and I am playing it.

How different was it to work with Shristi Arya after having worked with Ekta Kapoor?
Not much of a difference really. I feel both of them are passionate about their work and have incredible energy levels. The only difference is in the subjects they choose. Ektaji has a feel for popular middle-class sentiment while Shrsitiji has a more yuppie feel and targets the young brigade.

How was it working with co-star Mansi Parekh in 'India Calling'?

She is a newcomer and yet so expressive. Her eyes talk man! We exude a great chemistry. I could not have transformed into Aditya if she had not turned herself to Chandni.

You are touted as the small-screen's pin-up boy. Do you agree?

I would not like to be slotted. There have been so many good-looking guys who have sunken without a trace. I would want to be a package of good looks and great performance.

Do you have the time for fun and friends?

Well I certainly party hard after work. I am a well-mannered flirt.  But sorry, I have no time for love as of now. I am too focused on my career to allow even minor distractions come my way. But that does not mean I am heartless. I want to reserve my energies for a later date.

SINDHU586 thumbnail
India's calling - Vipul

Vipul Gupta is the prospective next best thing on Indian television. Catch up with the hunk who is beginning to have a fan following in the very first week.

STAR One is known for coming up with distinctive ideas and diverse shows, and India Calling is one of them. A new entrant on STAR One, the show has a youthful feel to it. The story so far has been based on a girl Chandni, played by Manasi Parekh, who moves to Mumbai in search of her sister and works in a leading call centre, called India Calling. Furthermore, the story focuses on her encounter with Aditya Khanna essayed by Vipul Gupta, who owns the place.

Even before the character makes an entry on the show, the promos being aired have already created a fan following for Vipul Gupta.

Coming from Delhi, Vipul is not new-fangled to the razzmatazz of entertainment. A well known model from Delhi, he completed his MBA and worked for a call centre G E Capital. An ambitious man that he is, he decided to come to Mumbai to make it big. Apparently, the industry has welcomed him graciously.

A prominent face in the advertising world, Vipul modelled for a list of prestigious brands, including Mc Dowels, Indian Oil and Airtel. However, seems like he always had a strong inclination towards acting, as simultaneously he was dabbling with theatre.

As far as his first break on television is concerned, he considers himself lucky, as he did not have to go through the long queues for auditions. The makers of the show spotted him in the Lakme commercial and called him for a screen test. He cleared the audition and landed the role of Drone in K Street Pali Hill, aired on STAR Plus. After that there was no looking back.

Multi-tasking seems to go well with Vipul, as apart from television, he is also working in movies. Playing the main lead in the movie Anjaan, he is excited about his role. The movie is set to release on 25 November.

Talking about his character Aditya Khanna, in India Calling he says, the character is an outright brat with a heart of gold. His motto in Aditya's life - if you have it, flaunt it, but do not harm anyone.

As far as the similarities between the character and Vipul are concerned, he feels since Aditya is a very contemporary character, it is not difficult to identify with him. Speaking about the way his career has turned out on television, he sounds pleased. He prefers doing quality work to a clutter of shows.

As we wind up, we wish him luck and hope that he has a successful stint with whatever he does in the future and his new show India Calling does have India calling for more!